Affiliation: Kagawa Medical University
- A case of femoral nerve palsy caused by iliopectineal bursitis associated with rheumatoid arthritisSatoshi Mori
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kagawa University, 1750 1 Ikenobe, Miki cho, Kita gun, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
Mod Rheumatol 14:274-8. 2004..The patient showed good recovery from the femoral nerve palsy after surgery. It was considered that iliopectineal bursitis had developed following the synovial inflammation of the hip joint...
- Enhanced expression of PP1gamma1, a catalytic subunit isoform of protein phosphatase type1 and expression of telomerase activity in Ewing's sarcoma cellsSatoshi Mori
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kagawa Medical College, Miki cho, Kagawa 761 0701, Japan
Res Commun Mol Pathol Pharmacol 113:269-74. 2003..We investigated the correlation of the expression of PP1gamma1 with telomerase activity, and showed that telomerase activity is regulated by protein phosphorylation in Ewing's sarcoma cells...
- Trabecular bone volume and microdamage accumulation in the femoral heads of women with and without femoral neck fracturesS Mori
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Kagawa Medical University, Japan
Bone 21:521-6. 1997..47; p = 0.014). This is consistent with the idea that cracks accumulate more rapidly in women with low bone density. It is also consistent with the idea that the osteocyte network detects microcracks, and signals for their repair...
- Serum levels of fluconazole in patients after cytotoxic chemotherapy for hematological malignancyM Kami
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Am J Hematol 66:85-91. 2001..These variations may be associated with disturbance of body water balance, such as massive hemorrhage and dehydration...
- Embryonic intermediate filament, nestin, expression following traumatic spinal cord injury in adult ratsS Shibuya
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kagawa Medical University, 1750 1 Ikenobe, Miki cho, Japan
Neuroscience 114:905-16. 2002..Subpial astrocytes may be associated with neural repair and regeneration after spinal cord injury...
- Hydrogen peroxide induces apoptosis of osteocytes: involvement of calcium ion and caspase activityA Kikuyama
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kinki University School of Medicine, Ohno Higashi 377 2, Osaka Sayama, Osaka 589 8511, Japan
Calcif Tissue Int 71:243-8. 2002..These data demonstrated the signal transduction pathways that participate in this hydrogen peroxide-induced cell damage...
- Mice lacking smooth muscle calponin display increased bone formation that is associated with enhancement of bone morphogenetic protein responsesH Yoshikawa
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Osaka, Osaka 537 8511, Japan
Genes Cells 3:685-95. 1998..It promotes actin polymerization and inhibits actin-activated myosin ATPase activity. Despite the molecular and functional characterization of calponin in vitro, the physiological role of calponin in vivo has not been clarified...
- Molecular characterization of Escherichia coli NAD kinaseS Kawai
Research Institute for Food Science, Kyoto University, Uji, Japan
Eur J Biochem 268:4359-65. 2001..The YfjB homologues were considered to be NAD kinases and alignment of their sequences revealed highly conserved regions, XXX-XGGDG-XL and DGXXX-TPTGSTAY, where X represents a hydrophobic amino-acid residue...
- Effect of reboxetine treatment on brain cAMP- and calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinasesS Mori
Center of Neuropharmacology, Institute of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Neuropharmacology 40:448-56. 2001..An increase in the calcium/calmodulin-dependent phosphorylation of presynaptic substrates was also detected. These findings showed that reboxetine modulates post-receptor signal transduction systems in rat brain...
- Differential interaction of CrkII adaptor protein with platelet-derived growth factor alpha- and beta-receptors is determined by its internal tyrosine phosphorylationT Matsumoto
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Chiba University School of Medicine, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba, 260 0856, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 270:28-33. 2000..The differential binding of CrkII to the PDGF alpha- and beta- receptors may be a rationale for functional diversity between the two receptors...
- Anomalous cadherin expression in osteosarcoma. Possible relationships to metastasis and morphogenesisT Kashima
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Institute for Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo Japan
Am J Pathol 155:1549-55. 1999....
- Identification of Tyr-762 in the platelet-derived growth factor alpha-receptor as the binding site for Crk proteinsK Yokote
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Chiba University School of Medicine, Chiba City, Japan
Oncogene 16:1229-39. 1998..RasGAP is not bound to the alpha-receptor. Thus, this region in the kinase inserts of the two receptors may be important for the divergency in signaling from the two PDGF receptors...
- Characterization of the transforming activity of p80, a hyperphosphorylated protein in a Ki-1 lymphoma cell line with chromosomal translocation t(2;5)J Fujimoto
Department of Oncology, University of Tokyo, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:4181-6. 1996..Association of these mutants with GRB2 was still observed, suggesting that interaction of p80 with GRB2 but not with Shc or IRS-1 was relevant for cell transformation...
- Direct interaction between Shc and the platelet-derived growth factor beta-receptorK Yokote
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedical Center, Uppsala, Sweden
J Biol Chem 269:15337-43. 1994..This is in contrast to previously characterized interactions between the PDGF beta-receptor and SH2 domain-containing proteins, which generally involve one high affinity binding site in the receptor...
- Hyperphosphorylation of a novel 80 kDa protein-tyrosine kinase similar to Ltk in a human Ki-1 lymphoma cell line, AMS3M Shiota
Department of Pathology, University of Tokyo, Japan
Oncogene 9:1567-74. 1994..Furthermore, physical interaction of p80 with CD30 was suggested from immunoprecipitation experiments with AMS3 lysates...
- BCL-6 gene product, a 92- to 98-kD nuclear phosphoprotein, is highly expressed in germinal center B cells and their neoplastic counterpartsT Onizuka
Department of Pathology, University of Tokyo, Japan
Blood 86:28-37. 1995..These results suggest that the BCL-6 protein, expressed in B cells of the germinal centers which are important in the maturation of immune responses, may play some physiological role(s) in the germinal center B cells...
- Identification of two juxtamembrane autophosphorylation sites in the PDGF beta-receptor; involvement in the interaction with Src family tyrosine kinasesS Mori
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research Uppsala, Sweden
EMBO J 12:2257-64. 1993....