Affiliation: Jichi Medical School
- Early-phase thin-slice CT in the diagnosis of small insulinomasHideki Ishioka
Department of Surgery, Jichi Medical University Tochigi, Japan
JOP 16:70-3. 2015..While arterial stimulation and venous sampling has been used in patients with insulinomas it has been largely supplanted by early-phase thin-slice computed tomography...
- Primary small-cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the duodenum - a case report and review of literatureNaohiro Sata
Department of Surgery, Jichi Medical School, 3311 1 Yakushiji Minami kawachi Tochigi, Japan
World J Surg Oncol 2:28. 2004..Small-cell neuroendocrine carcinoma in the duodenum is an extremely rare neoplasm with poor prognosis...
- Extraduodenal papillectomy: a feasible alternative method of total papillectomyNaohiro Sata
Department of Surgery, Jichi Medical University, 3311 1 Yakushiji, Shimotsuke, Tochigi, 329 0498, Japan
J Gastrointest Surg 18:858-64. 2014..In conclusion, ExDP is regarded as a "total biopsy" for early stage borderline lesions and a feasible, less demanding alternative method for the treatment of NDPs. ..
- Intestinal adhesion due to previous uterine surgery as a risk factor for delayed diagnosis of uterine rupture: a case reportTomoyuki Kuwata
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Jichi Medical University, Tochigi, Japan
J Med Case Rep 5:523. 2011..Its early diagnosis and treatment may save their lives. Previous myomectomy is a high risk factor for uterine rupture. Intestinal adhesion due to previous myomectomy may also prevent early diagnosis of uterine rupture...
- A new 3-D diagnosis strategy for duodenal malignant lesions using multidetector row CT, CT virtual duodenoscopy, duodenography, and 3-D multicholangiographyN Sata
Department of Surgery, Jichi Medical University, 3311 1 Yakushiji, Minami Kawachi, Tochigi, 329 0498, Japan
Abdom Imaging 32:66-72. 2007..In conclusion, CT virtual duodenoscopy, doudenography, 3-D multicholangiography, and various images created by MD-CT alone provided necessary and adequate preoperative diagnostic information...
- Follicular lymphoma of the pancreas: a case report and proposed new strategies for diagnosis and surgery of benign or low-grade malignant lesions of the head of the pancreasNaohiro Sata
Department of Surgery, Jichi Medical University, Tochigi, Japan
JOP 8:44-9. 2007..Primary pancreatic lymphoma is a rare form of extranodal lymphoma originating in the pancreas. The present report describes a case of follicular lymphoma of the pancreas with unique CT and MRI findings...
- Retroperitoneal hand-assisted laparoscopic surgery for endoscopic adrenalectomyN Sata
Department of Surgery, Jichi Medical University, 3311 1 Yakushiji Shimotsuke Tochigi, 329 0498, Japan
Surg Endosc 20:830-3. 2006..For these three cases, successful retroperitoneal HALS in endoscopic adrenalectomy resulted in no mortality or morbidity. These findings indicate that this procedure is a feasible technique for complicated benign adrenal tumor cases...
- CT virtual pancreatoscopy: a new method for diagnosing intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm (IPMN) of the pancreasN Sata
Department of Surgery, Jichi Medical University, 3311 1 Yakushiji Minami kawachi, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Abdom Imaging 31:326-31. 2006..We sought to validate computed tomographic virtual pancreatoscopy (CT-VP) created by multidetector row CT (MD-CT) in the clinical diagnosis of intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm (IPMN) of the pancreas...
- The effect of adjuvant and neoadjuvant chemo(radio)therapy on survival in 1,679 resected pancreatic carcinoma cases in Japan: report of the national survey in the 34th annual meeting of Japanese Society of Pancreatic SurgeryNaohiro Sata
Department of Surgery, Jichi Medical University, Tochigi, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 16:485-92. 2009..Pancreatic carcinoma causes more than 20,000 deaths every year in Japan. The role of (neo-) adjuvant chemotherapy for pancreatic carcinoma is still controversial...
- Optimal timeline for emergency surgery in patients with strangulated groin herniasM Koizumi
Department of Surgery, Jichi Medical University School of Medicine, Yakushiji 3311 1, Shimotsuke, Tochigi, 329 0498, Japan
Hernia 18:845-8. 2014..This retrospective study evaluates the clinical course and outcomes of patients who underwent surgery for strangulated hernias...
- Laparoscopic splenectomy using pneumoperitoneum or gasless abdominal wall lifting: a 15-year single institution experienceM Hyodo
Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Jichi Medical University, Shimotsuke, Japan
Asian J Endosc Surg 5:63-8. 2012..The gasless abdominal wall-lifting method for laparoscopic splenectomy was introduced as an alternative. This retrospective study was undertaken to compare results using the two techniques...
- Long-term survival after surgical resection for pancreatic cancerK Yoshizawa
Department of Surgery, Jichi Medical School, 3311 1 Yakushiji, Minami Kawachi, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 48:1153-6. 2001..We investigated the clinicopathologic features of patients with pancreatic cancer who survived more than 5 years to draw out some suggestions concerning the indication of surgical treatment...
- Living-Donor Liver Transplantation Using Segment 2 Monosegment Graft: A Single-Center ExperienceY Sakuma
Department of Surgery, Jichi Medical University, Tochigi, Japan Electronic address
Transplant Proc 48:1110-4. 2016..We reviewed our single-center experience to evaluate the feasibility of this technique for reducing graft size...
- Single-branch resection of the pancreasNaohiro Sata
Department of Surgery, Jichi Medical School, 3311 1 Yakushiji, Minami Kawachi, Tochigi, 329 0434, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 12:71-5. 2005..SBRP is a technically feasible procedure and this operation represents a minimally invasive alternative to any other segmental resection of the pancreas...
- Long-term survivor without recurrence after resection of simultaneous solitary pancreatic metastasis from thyroid medullary carcinomaMasanobu Hyodo
Department of Surgery, Jichi Medical School, Minami Kawachi, Tochigi, 329 0989, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 50:1687-8. 2003..The serum levels of CEA and calcitonin remain within normal limits. Thus, the patient seems to have had a solitary metastatic tumor from thyroid medullary cancer...
- [An outpatient with unresectable pancreatic cancer treated with gemcitabine showing prolonged NC (22 months)]Masaru Koizumi
Dept of Surgery, Jichi Medical School
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 32:2133-6. 2005..The patient died after 25 months of chemotherapy. Here we report a case of unresectable pancreatic cancer treated with gemcitabine on the basis of a drug sensitivity test...
- Genistein-induced changes in gene expression in Panc 1 cells at physiological concentrations of genisteinJianfeng Bai
Department of Surgery, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi, Japan
Pancreas 29:93-8. 2004..To investigate the effect of genistein on gene expression in Panc 1 cells using microarray technology...