Affiliation: Japan Women's University
- Azuki bean juice lowers serum triglyceride concentrations in healthy young womenChizuko Maruyama
Department of Food and Nutrition, Japan Women s University, 2 8 1, Mejirodai, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 112 8681, Japan
J Clin Biochem Nutr 43:19-25. 2008..Thus, azuki bean juice intake, as a traditional Kampo prescription, might be beneficial for preventing hypertriglyceridemia...
- Differences in serum phospholipid fatty acid compositions and estimated desaturase activities between Japanese men with and without metabolic syndromeChizuko Maruyama
Department of Food and Nutrition, Faculty of Home Economics, Japan Women s University, Tokyo, Japan
J Atheroscler Thromb 15:306-13. 2008..This study was designed to clarify differences in serum phospholipid fatty acid compositions and estimated desaturase activities between Japanese men with and without metabolic syndrome (MetS)...
- Effect of a worksite-based intervention program on metabolic parameters in middle-aged male white-collar workers: a randomized controlled trialChizuko Maruyama
Department of Food and Nutrition, Japan Women s University, 2 8 1, Mejirodai, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 112 8681 Tokyo, Japan
Prev Med 51:11-7. 2010..We investigated the effects of the Life Style Modification Program for Physical Activity and Nutrition program (LiSM10!) on metabolic parameters in middle-aged male Japanese white-collar workers...
- HMW-adiponectin associates with triglyceride concentrations in type 1 diabetic patientsChizuko Maruyama
Department of Food and Nutrition, Japan Women s University, Tokyo 112 8681, Japan
J Atheroscler Thromb 16:207-16. 2009..The objective of this study was to investigate the relation between serum high molecular weight (HMW)-adiponectin concentration and fasting and postprandial blood glycemic and lipid parameters in type 1 diabetic patients...
- Relationships of nutrient intake and lifestyle-related factors to serum folate and plasma homocysteine concentrations in 30-69 year-old JapaneseChizuko Maruyama
Department of Food and Nutrition, Japan Women s University, 2 8 1 Mejirodai, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 112 8681, Japan
J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo) 50:1-8. 2004..Even a 400 microg daily intake of folate might be less than what is needed, especially for homozygous MTHFR subjects and smokers, to maintain an adequate serum folate concentration...
- Assessment of LDL particle size by triglyceride/HDL-cholesterol ratio in non-diabetic, healthy subjects without prominent hyperlipidemiaChizuko Maruyama
Department of Food and Nutrition, Japan Women s University, Tokyo, Japan
J Atheroscler Thromb 10:186-91. 2003..9 using mmol/L or 2.0 using mg/dL, while only 25% of the normal LDL group had ratios above the levels (p = 0.0013). A combined parameter, the TG/HDL-C ratio, is beneficial for assessing the presence of small LDL...
- Physical activity in the Japan population: association with blood lipid levels and effects in reducing cardiovascular and all-cause mortalityShinji Koba
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Atheroscler Thromb 18:833-45. 2011..38 to 14.65, p< 0.0001). While this confirms the importance of physical activity in preventing CVD mortality and all-cause mortality, the levels of physical activity are on a declining trend in Japan, particularly among the young...
- Mayonnaise contributes to increasing postprandial serum β-carotene concentration through the emulsifying property of egg yolk in rats and humansSayaka Takeda
Research and Development Division, Kewpie Corporation, Tokyo, Japan
J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo) 57:209-15. 2011....
- Effects of consumption of main and side dishes with white rice on postprandial glucose, insulin, glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide and glucagon-like peptide-1 responses in healthy Japanese menNoriko Kameyama
Division of Food and Nutrition, Graduate School of Human Sciences and Design, Japan Women s University, 2 8 1 Mejirodai, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 112 8681, Japan
Br J Nutr 111:1632-40. 2014....
- Impact of lifestyle intervention on physical activity and diet of Japanese workersTakashi Arao
Physical Fitness Research Institute, Meiji Yasuda Life Foundation of Health and Welfare, Tokyo, Japan
Prev Med 45:146-52. 2007..To evaluate the effectiveness of the Life Style Modification Program for Physical Activity and Diet (LiSM-PAN) in comparison to a conventional healthcare program...
- Postprandial Paraoxonase 1 Activity Following Consumption of Recommended Amounts of Mixed Meals in Healthy MalesNoriko Kameyama
Department of Food and Nutrition, Faculty of Human Sciences and Design, Japan Women s University
J Atheroscler Thromb 23:225-32. 2016..Herein we evaluated postprandial serum lipid levels and PON1 changes following mixed-meal consumption of the amounts recommended for ordinary meals...
- Dietary patterns and risk factors for type 2 diabetes mellitus in Fijian, Japanese and Vietnamese populationsKazue Tomisaka
Department of Food and Nutrition, Japan Women s University, Tokyo
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 11:8-12. 2002..0% for Fijians, 1.8% for Japanese and 1.1% for Vietnamese. Glycosuria testing yielded the most positive cases among Fijians. Dietary transition and dietary excess appear to be potential risk factors for diabetes in Fijian women...
- Japanese dietary lifestyle and cardiovascular diseaseNorio Tada
Division of Metabolism and Nutrition, Department of Internal Medicine, The Jikei University Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Atheroscler Thromb 18:723-34. 2011....
- Effects of mayonnaise on postprandial serum lutein/zeaxanthin and beta-carotene concentrations in humansSayaka Takeda
R and D Division, Q P Corporation, Fuchu, Tokyo, Japan
J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo) 55:479-85. 2009..We suggest that mayonnaise contributes to increase serum lutein/zeaxanthin and beta-carotene concentrations when consumed with vegetables rich in these carotenoids...
- Low folate status increases chromosomal damage by X-ray irradiationKaori Endoh
Department of Domestic Science, Kyoritsu Women s University, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Radiat Biol 82:223-30. 2006..To examine how folate status influences chromosomal damage following X-ray irradiation...
- Relationship between soy and isoflavone intake and periodontal disease: the Freshmen in Dietetic Courses Study IIKeiko Tanaka
Department of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, Fukuoka University, Fukuoka, Japan
BMC Public Health 8:39. 2008..The aim of this study was to investigate whether soy and isoflavone intake is associated with the prevalence of periodontal disease...
- The ratio of serum paraoxonase/arylesterase activity using an improved assay for arylesterase activity to discriminate PON1(R192) from PON1(Q192)Mamoru Nakanishi
Department of Clinical Pathology, Hyogo College of Medicine, Hyogo, Japan
J Atheroscler Thromb 10:337-42. 2003..Therefore, when conducting epidemiological or mechanistic studies that examine the role of PON1 in organophosphorus or lipid metabolism, this ratio is more useful and informative than a PCR-based genotype alone...