Affiliation: Hokkaido Institute of Public Health
- Proposed guidelines for diagnosing chronic active Epstein-Barr virus infectionMotohiko Okano
Department of Pediatrics, Hokkaido University Hospital, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Am J Hematol 80:64-9. 2005..Guidelines, derived mainly from the current literature and recent experiences with CAEBV in Japan, for diagnosing CAEBV are proposed to clarify this enigmatic disease...
- Recent Concise Viewpoints of Chronic Active Epstein-Barr Virus InfectionMotohiko Okano
Hokkaido Institute of Public Health, 1 1, North 19 West 12, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 0819, Japan
Curr Pediatr Rev 11:5-9. 2015..This minireview outlines the recent development for the comprehensive viewpoints of CAEBV mainly regarding to virological, immunological, pathological and therapeutical progresses. ..
- Acute or chronic life-threatening diseases associated with Epstein-Barr virus infectionMotohiko Okano
Center for Infectious Diseases Control, Hokkaido Institute of Public Health, Sapporo, Japan
Am J Med Sci 343:483-9. 2012..This review will focus on the historical, pathogenetic, diagnostic, therapeutic and prophylactic issues of EBV-associated life-threatening diseases...
- Advanced therapeutic and prophylactic strategies for Epstein-Barr virus infection in immunocompromised patientsMotohiko Okano
Department of Microbiology, Center for Infectious Diseases Control, Hokkaido Institute of Public Health, Kita ku, Sapporo, Japan
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 5:403-13. 2007..This review will discuss EBV biology and immune events that occur in both immunocompetent and immunocompromised individuals and introduce the novel prophylactic and therapeutic strategies for EBV-associated life-threatening diseases...
- Usefulness of the rapid determination system of viral genome sequences in human stool specimensMasahiro Miyoshi
Center for Infectious Diseases Control, Hokkaido Institute of Public Health, North 19 West 12, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 0819, Japan
J Virol Methods 179:256-60. 2012..2×10(6) and 9.8×10(11)/g stool. These results suggest that the RDV method has potential for detecting viral genomes in stool specimens. The procedure without a step of nuclease treatment appears to be sensitive...
- Prognostic factors for chronic active Epstein-Barr virus infectionHiroshi Kimura
Department of Pediatrics, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
J Infect Dis 187:527-33. 2003..59 vs. 0.87; P<.009). Patients with CAEBV with late onset of disease, thrombocytopenia, and T cell infection had significantly poorer outcomes...
- Genomic characterization of echovirus 6 causing aseptic meningitis in Hokkaido, Japan: a novel cluster in the nonstructural protein coding region of human enterovirus BMasahiro Miyoshi
Center for Infectious Diseases Control, Hokkaido Institute of Public Health, North 19 West 12, Kita ku, Sapporo, 060 0819, Japan
Arch Virol 158:775-84. 2013..These results suggest that the incidence of AM in Japan in 2011 was caused by at least two lineages of E6 strains, and a lineage of the 3CD gene was interspersed among different serotypic strains isolated in Western Pacific countries...
- Sensitive and rapid detection of norovirus using duplex TaqMan reverse transcription-polymerase chain reactionSetsuko Ishida
Division of Enteric Virology, Department of Microbiology, Hokkaido Institute of Public Health, Sapporo, Japan
J Med Virol 80:913-20. 2008..These results suggest the practical application of this duplex TaqMan RT-PCR is useful for the detection of NV in clinical specimens...
- Fusarium falciforme infection in a patient with chronic granulomatous disease: Unique long-term course of epidural abscessYuka Okura
Department of Pediatrics, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Pediatr Int 57:e4-6. 2015..Early intervention with hematopoietic stem cell transplantation should be considered, especially in patients with severe CGD, before the development of serious infectious complication. ..
- A 5-year-old boy with unicentric Castleman disease affecting the mesentery: utility of serum IL-6 level and (18)F-FDG PET for diagnosisNariaki Toita
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 31:693-5. 2009..Our case also supported an important role of interleukin-6 in the pathophysiology of plasma cell CD...
- Epstein-Barr virus-associated B-cell lymphoma in a patient with DNA ligase IV (LIG4) syndromeNariaki Toita
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Am J Med Genet A 143:742-5. 2007..We report here on a case of LIG4 syndrome complicated with distinct EBV-associated B-cell lymphoma...
- Epidemiological and molecular studies of measles at different clusters in hokkaido district, Japan, 2007Hideki Nagano
Center for Infectious Diseases Control, Hokkaido Institute of Public Health, Sapporo 060 0819, Japan
Jpn J Infect Dis 62:209-11. 2009..The occurrence pattern of measles patients and molecular epidemiology indicated that the measles virus that spread in Hokkaido district might not be indigenous...
- The evolving therapeutic approaches for Epstein-Barr virus infection in immunocompetent and immunocompromised individualsMotohiko Okano
Department of Pediatrics, Hokkaido University Hospital, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, North 14 West 5, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8648, Japan
Curr Drug Targets Immune Endocr Metabol Disord 3:137-42. 2003..This concise review focuses on recent understanding of the pathogenetic mechanisms in various EBV-associated diseases in immunocompetent and immunocompromised individuals, and discusses potent therapeutic approaches in each condition...
- Overview and problematic standpoints of severe chronic active Epstein-Barr virus infection syndromeMotohiko Okano
Department of Pediatrics, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, North 15 West 7, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 44:273-82. 2002..This review is an overview of SCAEBV with respect to its; history, diagnosis, pathogenesis, therapeutic approaches, and ideas on how to further recognize this enigmatic disease...
- A cluster of hepatitis E virus infection in Hokkaido, JapanSetsuko Ishida
Hokkaido Institute of Public Health, Sapporo 060 0819, Japan
Jpn J Infect Dis 59:135-6. 2006