Affiliation: Graduate School
- Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene polymorphism and ischemic stroke: sex difference in JapaneseY Wu
Department of Public Health, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Kobe J Med Sci 47:255-62. 2001..49; 95% CI, 1.75-51.47, P=0.0091). The relevance of the MTHFR T/T mutation appears to be restricted to women, suggesting a role of female hormones in the resistance to elevated homocysteine levels due to the MTHFR T/T mutation...
- The molecular genetics of alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiencyY Wu
School of Biochemical and Physiological Sciences, University of Southhampton, UK
Bioessays 13:163-9. 1991....
- Exclusion of mutations in the gene for type III collagen (COL3A1) as a common cause of intracranial aneurysms or cervical artery dissections: results from sequence analysis of the coding sequences of type III collagen from 55 unrelated patientsH Kuivaniemi
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Jefferson Institute of Molecular Medicine, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19017 5541
Neurology 43:2652-8. 1993..The results indicated that mutations in the gene for type III procollagen (COL3A1) are not a common cause of either intracranial artery aneurysms or cervical artery dissections...
- MSH2 and MLH1 mutations in sporadic replication error-positive colorectal carcinoma as assessed by two-dimensional DNA electrophoresisY Wu
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 18:269-78. 1997..This has important implications for genetic testing and management of young colorectal cancer patients and their families...
- A high proportion of mutations in the BRCA1 gene in German breast/ovarian cancer families with clustering of mutations in the 3' third of the geneJ Dong
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, Berlin, Germany
Hum Genet 103:154-61. 1998..Of the 18 mutations, 13 occurred in the 3' third of the gene (end of exon 11-24) and ovarian cancers were found in eight of these families...
- BID mediates neuronal cell death after oxygen/ glucose deprivation and focal cerebral ischemiaN Plesnila
Stroke and Neurovascular Regulation Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 149 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:15318-23. 2001..These findings suggest that BID and the mitochondrial-amplification pathway promoting caspase activation contributes importantly to neuronal cell death after ischemic insult...
- Low organic solvent exposure and combined maternal-infant gene polymorphisms affect gestational ageX Qin
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Peking University Health Science Center, 38 Xueyuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing, 100083, PR China
Occup Environ Med 65:482-7. 2008....
- LRRK2 Gly2385Arg variant is a risk factor of Parkinson's disease among Han-Chinese from mainland ChinaX K An
Department of Neurology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Eur J Neurol 15:301-5. 2008..01). Our study indicates that this LRRK2 p.2385G>R substitution contributes to the development of PD in ethnic Han-Chinese population, which may play important implications for future study on molecular genetics and pathogenesis of PD...
- Aspirin and extended-release dipyridamole versus clopidogrel for recurrent strokeRalph L Sacco
Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, USA
N Engl J Med 359:1238-51. 2008..Recurrent stroke is a frequent, disabling event after ischemic stroke. This study compared the efficacy and safety of two antiplatelet regimens--aspirin plus extended-release dipyridamole (ASA-ERDP) versus clopidogrel...