Affiliation: Graduate School of Science
- Multiple reporter gene assays for the assessment and estimation of chemical toxicityJunko Takahashi
Daikin Environmental Laboratory, Ltd, 3 Banchi, Miyukigaoka, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0841, Japan
Environ Sci 11:269-82. 2004..This result indicates that this technique enables us to predict the toxicity of chemicals in the environment and to understand toxicities of newly synthesized chemicals...
- Oligonucleotide microarray analysis of dietary-induced hyperlipidemia gene expression profiles in miniature pigsJunko Takahashi
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
PLoS ONE 7:e37581. 2012..Miniature pigs are useful model animals for gene expression studies on dietary-induced hyperlipidemia because they have a similar anatomy and digestive physiology to humans, and blood samples can be obtained from them repeatedly...
- Effects of the pesticide thiuram: genome-wide screening of indicator genes by yeast DNA microarrayEmiko Kitagawa
Research Institute of Biological Resources, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Environ Sci Technol 36:3908-15. 2002..Thiuram treatment affected the promoter of these genes, indicating that this technique could be used for the selection of biomarker candidates...
- Oligonucleotide microarray analysis of age-related gene expression profiles in miniature pigsJunko Takahashi
National Metrology Institute of Japan, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e19761. 2011..These results indicate that uniformity of laboratory animals is expected for miniature pigs after 20 weeks of age. Furthermore, a possibility was shown that whole blood RNA analysis is applicable to evaluation of physiological state...
- Combined treatment with X-ray irradiation and 5-aminolevulinic acid elicits better transcriptomic response of cell cycle-related factors than X-ray irradiation aloneJunko Takahashi
a Biomedical Research Institute, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Int J Radiat Biol 92:774-789. 2016..In our previous work, PpIX enhanced the generation of reactive oxygen species by X-ray irradiation. In this study, we evaluated the potential of ALA as an endogenous sensitizer to X-ray irradiation...
- Transcriptome Analysis of Porphyrin-Accumulated and X-Ray-Irradiated Cell Cultures under Limited Proliferation and Non-Lethal ConditionsJunko Takahashi
Biomedical Research Institute, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8566, Japan
Microarrays (Basel) 4:25-40. 2015..The XT and PpIX-XT groups differed in the quantity, but not in the quality of their gene expression. The combined effect of PpIX and X-ray irradiation sensitized HeLa cells to X-ray treatment. ..
- Response of Saccharomyces cerevisiae to a monoterpene: evaluation of antifungal potential by DNA microarray analysisMeher Parveen
United Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, 3 5 8 Saiwai, Fuchu, Tokyo 183
J Antimicrob Chemother 54:46-55. 2004..Taken together, this study showed that alpha-terpinene has strong antifungal activities and its modes of action resemble those of presently used antifungal drugs...
- Poplar carbohydrate-active enzymes. Gene identification and expression analysesJane Geisler-Lee
Department of Forest Genetics and Plant Physiology, Umea Plant Science Center, Sweden
Plant Physiol 140:946-62. 2006..The data showed profound changes in CAZyme transcriptomes in different poplar tissues and pointed to some key differences in CAZyme genes and their regulation between herbaceous and woody plants...