Affiliation: Graduate School
- Autoimmune pulmonary alveolar proteinosis co-existing with breast cancer: a case reportToyomitsu Sawai
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Nagasaki Harbor Medical Center City Hospital, 6 39 Shinchi machi, Nagasaki 850 8555, Japan
J Med Case Rep 8:279. 2014..To the best of our knowledge, there are no previously reported cases of pulmonary alveolar proteinosis associated with breast cancer...
- A case of community-acquired pneumonia due to influenza A virus and Nocardia farcinica co-infectionToyomitsu Sawai
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Nagasaki Municipal Hospital, Nagasaki, Japan Electronic address
J Infect Chemother 20:506-8. 2014..piperacillin was replaced with trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole, and a chest X-ray showed some improvement. Although pulmonary nocardiosis with co-infection with influenza A is extremely rare, clinicians should be alert to the possibility...
- Mycobacterium intracellulare pulmonary infection which co-existed and mimicked lung cancerToyomitsu Sawai
Department of Internal Medicine, Sasebo City General Hospital, Sasebo
Intern Med 47:459-62. 2008..Thereafter, a right lower lobectomy was performed. Cases of pulmonary M. intracellulare disease with solitary nodule are rare. Moreover, M. intracellulare pulmonary infection with co-existing lung cancer is extremely rare...
- A case of Mycobacterium nonchromogenicum pulmonary infection showing multiple nodular shadows in an immunocompetent patientToyomitsu Sawai
Department of Internal Medicine, Isahaya Health Insurance General Hospital, Isahaya 854 8501, Japan
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 54:311-4. 2006..The common finding of M. nonchromogenicum pulmonary infection on chest X-ray is a solitary cavity. The present report describes an unusual case of M. nonchromogenicum primary pulmonary infection showing multiple nodular shadows...
- Tubular adenocarcinoma of the thymus: case report and review of the literatureToyomitsu Sawai
Department of Internal Medicine, Isahaya Health Insurance General Hospital, 24 1, Eishohigashi machi, Isahaya 854 8501, Japan
Int J Surg Pathol 14:243-6. 2006..A combined resection of the superior vena cava and pericardium was performed. Immunohistochemically, the tumor cells were positive for CD5...
- A retrospective comparative study of recombinant human thrombomodulin and gabexate mesilate in sepsis-induced disseminated intravascular coagulation patientsTakahiro Takazono
Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki Municipal Hospital, Nagasaki, Japan Department of Respiratory Diseases, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki, Japan Electronic address
J Infect Chemother 20:484-8. 2014..The platelet counts of the rhTM group significantly improved compared to the GM group (P = 0.004). Recombinant human thrombomodulin might be more effective for sepsis-induced DIC than GM...
- [Case of pulmonary adenocarcinoma with co-existing pulmonary actinomycosis in one region of the lung]Shotaro Ide
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Sasebo City General Hospital
Nihon Kokyuki Gakkai Zasshi 47:823-7. 2009..Although lung cancer with coexisting pulmonary actinomycosis is rare, clinicians should take into consideration the fact that lung cancer and pulmonary actinomycosis can co-exist in the same patient...
- Pulmonary cryptococcosis presenting as endobronchial lesions in a patient under corticosteroid treatmentYuichi Inoue
Department of Internal Medicine, Isahaya Insurance General Hospital, Nagasaki
Intern Med 46:519-23. 2007..After 40 days of treatment with fluconazole, the shadow of her lung mass decreased in size to that of a scarred lesion and her white, elevated bronchial lesions disappeared...
- Utility of a Sputum Antigen Detection Test in Pneumococcal Pneumonia and Lower Respiratory Infectious Disease in AdultsKiyoyasu Fukushima
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Japanese Red Cross Nagasaki Genbaku Isahaya Hospital, Japan
Intern Med 54:2843-50. 2015..To compare the utility of Gram staining, a urinary antigen detection kit and a sputum antigen detection kit were examined for the rapid and early detection of pneumococcal pneumonia and lower respiratory infectious diseases...
- Mycobacterium avium complex pleuritisKatsunori Yanagihara
The Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan
Respiration 69:547-9. 2002..MAC was only identified by culture and PCR. No other bacteria were detected. Complete resolution of the pleural effusion occurred after administration of anti-tubercular agents (isoniazid, rifampin, ethambutol) and clarithromycin...
- Evaluation of a rapid immunochromatographic ODK0501 assay for detecting Streptococcus pneumoniae antigen in sputum samples from patients with lower respiratory tract infectionKoichi Izumikawa
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan
Clin Vaccine Immunol 16:672-8. 2009..pneumoniae antigen among patients with underlying chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. In conclusion, ODK0501 is noninvasive, rapid, and an accurate tool for diagnosing respiratory infection caused by S. pneumoniae...
- Interstitial pneumonia probably associated with sorafenib treatment: An alert of an adverse eventShotaro Ide
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Sasebo City General Hospital, 9 3 Hirase, Sasebo, Nagasaki 857 8511, Japan
Lung Cancer 67:248-50. 2010..Oncologists supervising future clinical trials for lung cancer should be alert to the fact that sorafenib can potentially induce serious interstitial lung disease, although this might depend on racial differences...
- [A case of brain metastasis discovered after surgery for lung cancer based on changes in CEA, in which long-term survival was obtained by repeated gammaknife irradiation]Hiroshi Kakeya
Department of Internal Medicine, Health Insurance Isahaya General Hospital
Nihon Kokyuki Gakkai Zasshi 43:736-40. 2005..Long-term survival was possible by repeated gammaknife irradiation for brain metastases. Monitoring of CEA played an important role in finding recurrent brain metastasis in this patient...
- [Nontuberculous mycobacterial infections involving solitary pulmonary nodules]Yuichi Inoue
Internal Medicine, Isahaya Insurance General Hospital
Nihon Kokyuki Gakkai Zasshi 45:655-60. 2007..We conclude that the solitary pulmonary nodule of NTM is often due to M. avium and that transthoracic fine-needle aspiration is an easy and effective method of detecting NTM...
- [Clinical evaluation of transbronchial needle aspiration for histological specimens]Toyomitsu Sawai
Department of Internal Medicine, Health Insurance Isahaya General Hospital
Nihon Kokyuki Gakkai Zasshi 42:929-33. 2004..The use of a 19 G TBNA appears effective for obtaining tissue for histological examination and diagnosis of benign conditions. Training in this technique should increase the diagnostic utility of the histology needle...
- [Therapeutic effect of macrolide antibiotics on murine model of hematogenous pulmonary MRSA infection]Toyomitsu Sawai
Jpn J Antibiot 56:54-6. 2003
- [Thoracic actinomycosis: clinical, radiological, and pathological findings in 11 cases]Naoko Mato
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Department of Medicine, Jichi Medical School
Nihon Kokyuki Gakkai Zasshi 41:514-20. 2003..These results suggest that radiological findings, such as LAA and bronchial and bronchiolar dilatation, are characteristic for TA, and can be useful in making a diagnosis of TA...
- Pulmonary nocardiosis with bilateral diffuse granular lung shadows in a patient with subcutaneous panniculitic T-cell lymphomaMunehiro Enomoto
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Department of Medicine, Jichi Medical School, Minamikawachi, Tochigi
Intern Med 41:986-9. 2002..It is suggested that pulmonary nocardiosis should be considered in the differential diagnosis of diffuse granular shadows on chest X-rays, especially in immunocompromised patients...