Affiliation: Graduate School of Science
- Rapid detection of semenogelin by one-step immunochromatographic assay for semen identificationItaru Sato
Scientific Crime Laboratory, Kanagawa Perfectual Police, Yokohama, Japan
J Immunol Methods 287:137-45. 2004..We conclude that this immunoassay method is a useful confirmatory test for the identification of semen. The immunochromatographic system for forensic testing or research use will become available commercially soon...
- Use of the "SMITEST" PSA card to identify the presence of prostate-specific antigen in semen and male urineItaru Sato
Department of Legal Medicine, St Marianna University School of Medicine, 2 16 1 Sugao, Miyamae ku, Kawasaki, Kanagawa 216 8511, Japan
Forensic Sci Int 127:71-4. 2002..We conclude that the PSA card is useful for identification of PSA in both semen and adult male urine...
- Applicability of Nanotrap Sg as a semen detection kit before male-specific DNA profiling in sexual assaultsItaru Sato
Scientific Crime Laboratory, Kanagawa Prefectural Police, 155 1 Yamashita cho, Naka ku, Yokohama 231 0023, Japan
Int J Legal Med 121:315-9. 2007..The potential of Nanotrap Sg for identifying forensic samples with male-specific DNA was clearly demonstrated...
- Urinary prostate-specific antigen is a noninvasive indicator of sexual development in male childrenItaru Sato
Forensic Biology Unit, Scientific Crime Laboratory, Kanagawa Prefectural Police, 155 1, Naka ku, Yamashita cho, Yokohama, 231 0023, Japan
J Androl 28:150-4; discussion 155-7. 2007..We conclude that urinary PSA is a non-invasive, useful indicator for developmental studies from neonatal and adolescent males, which can be measured with a confirmatory semiquantitative PSA assay...
- Quantification of seminal plasma motility inhibitor/semenogelin in human seminal plasmaKaoru Yoshida
Department of Urology, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Kawasaki, Japan
J Androl 24:878-84. 2003..793, P <.0001). This result supports that SPMI, one of the fragments of Sg, has its inhibitory effect on ejaculated spermatozoa in liquefied semen under physiological conditions...
- Seasonal changes in urinary prostate-specific antigenic activity in male Japanese macaques (Macaca fuscaa fuscata)Itaru Sato
Forensic Biology Unit, Scientific Crime Laboratory, Kanagawa Prefectural Police, Naka ku, Yamashita cho 155 1, Yokohama, Japan
J Androl 28:821-6. 2007..Increased PSA activity was observed concurrent with menstrual blood loss in females. These results suggest a link between PSA activity and testosterone levels, which could be influenced by changes in the female menstrual cycle...
- Forensic hair analysis to identify animal species on a case of pet animal abuseItaru Sato
Scientific Crime Laboratory, Kanagawa Prefectural Police, Yokohama, 231 0023, Japan
Int J Legal Med 124:249-56. 2010..Construction of a database of mammalian hairs would be useful not only in forensic science, but also for investigating smuggling of endangered species in contravention of the Washington Convention...