Affiliation: Fukushima Medical University
- Sodium valproate at therapeutic concentrations changes Ca2+ response accompanied with its weak inhibition of protein kinase C in human astrocytoma cellsMasatake Kurita
Department of Neuropsychiatry, School of Medicine, Fukushima Medical University, 1 Hikarigaoka, Fukushima 960 1295, Japan
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 31:600-4. 2007..VPA-induced reduction of PKC activity and [Ca(2+)](i) elevation may play a role in the treatment of mood disorder...
- Effects of fluvoxamine on behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia in Alzheimer's disease: a report of three casesMasatake Kurita
Kotokukai Sato Hospital, Yamagata, 960 2156, Japan
Fukushima J Med Sci 52:143-8. 2006..To report 3 cases of severe behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia (BPSD) in Alzheimer's disease (AD) with fluvoxamine treatment and to discuss the treatment implications for use of the drug...
- Lithium chloride at a therapeutic concentration reduces Ca2+ response in protein kinase C down-regulated human astrocytoma cellsMasatake Kurita
Department of Neuropsychiatry, School of Medicine, Fukushima Medical University, Hikarigaoka 1, Fukushima, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 442:17-22. 2002....
- Yokukansan improves behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia by suppressing dopaminergic functionKenji Takeyoshi
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan Sato Hospital, Koutokukai, Nanyo, Yamagata, Japan
Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat 12:641-9. 2016..An improvement in BPSD condition with the intake of yokukansan is suggested to occur through a suppressed dopaminergic function, which is similar to the effect of aripiprazole. ..
- The noradrenaline metabolite MHPG is a candidate biomarker from the manic to the remission state in bipolar disorder I: a clinical naturalistic studyMasatake Kurita
Sato Hospital, Koutokukai, 948 1 Kunugizuka, Nanyo, Yamagata, Japan Department of Cellular Signaling, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, 6 3 Aoba, Aramaki, Aoba ku, Sendai, Japan Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 9:e100634. 2014..The MHPG level is likely to reflect the clinical characteristics of the manic syndrome in BDI, and noradrenaline may reflect the pathophysiology from manic to remission states. ..
- Plasma brain-derived neurotrophic factor levels predict the clinical outcome of depression treatment in a naturalistic studyMasatake Kurita
Sato Hospital, Koutokukai, Nanyo, Yamagata, Japan
PLoS ONE 7:e39212. 2012..Our results show that plasma BDNF levels are associated with clinical outcomes during the treatment of depression. We suggest that plasma BDNF could potentially serve as a prognostic biomarker for depression, predicting clinical outcome...
- Case of bipolar disorder successfully stabilized with clonazepam, valproate and lithium after numerous relapses for 47 yearsHirobumi Mashiko
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 58:340-1. 2004