Affiliation: Ehime University
- Role of the glutamic and aspartic residues in Na+-ATPase function in the ZrENA1 gene of Zygosaccharomyces rouxiiYasuo Watanabe
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Department of Applied Bioscience, Faculty of Agriculture, Ehime University, 3 5 8 Tarumi, Matsuyama shi, 790 8566, Japan
FEMS Microbiol Lett 209:39-43. 2002..A lower level of salt tolerance was bestowed by the mutant genes D852A and E981A present in TMDs and D748A and D749A present in cytoplasmic space, compared with the wild-type gene (ZrENA1)...
- Heterologous expression of Na+/H+ antiporter gene (CvNHA1) from salt-tolerant yeast Candida versatilis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae Na+-transporter deficient mutantsYasuo Watanabe
Department of Biological Resources, Faculty of Agriculture, Ehime University, 3 5 7 Tarumi, Matsuyama, Ehime 790 8566, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 72:1005-14. 2008....
- Heterologous expression of Zygosaccharomyces rouxii glycerol 3-phosphate dehydrogenase gene (ZrGPD1) and glycerol dehydrogenase gene (ZrGCY1) in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeYasuo Watanabe
Department of Biological Resources, Faculty of Agriculture, Ehime Univeristy, Matsuyama, Ehime790 8566, Japan
FEMS Yeast Res 4:505-10. 2004..cerevisiae (Gpd1p). When the ORFs of the S. cerevisiae glycerol 3-phosphatase gene (GPP2) and ZrGPD1 were simultaneously expressed, glycerol production increased, compared with that in yeast expressing only ZrGPD1...
- Expression of glycerol 3-phosphate dehydrogenase gene (CvGPD1) in salt-tolerant yeast Candida versatilis is stimulated by high concentrations of NaClYasuo Watanabe
Department of Biological Resources, National University Corporation Ehime University, Matsuyama, Ehime, Japan
Yeast 25:107-16. 2008..versatilis cells was stimulated by high concentrations of NaCl. The relationship between expression of CvGPD1 and growth of C. versatilis cells in the mash of Japanese seasonings (miso- and shoyu-moromi) is also discussed...
- Co-expression of the Na(+)/H(+)-antiporter and H(+)-ATPase genes of the salt-tolerant yeast Zygosaccharomyces rouxii in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeYasuo Watanabe
Department of Biological Resources, Faculty of Agriculture, National University Corporation Ehime University, Matsuyama, Ehime 790 8566, Japan
FEMS Yeast Res 5:411-7. 2005....
- Purification and characterization of phospholipase B from Candida utilisShuji Fujino
Laboratory of Food Biochemistry, Department of Bioresources, Faculty of Agriculture, Ehime University, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 70:377-86. 2006....
- An enzymatic method to estimate the content of L-hydroxyprolineSeiya Watanabe
Faculty of Agriculture, Ehime University, 3 5 7 Tarumi, Matsuyama, Ehime 790 8566, Japan Electronic address
J Biotechnol 199:9-16. 2015..004-1mM and 0.05-1mM, respectively, and were consistent with those determined by HPLC. This enzymatic method was used to measure the content of T4LHyp in the acid-hydrolysate of collagen, and blood plasma. ..
- Identification and characterization of bifunctional proline racemase/hydroxyproline epimerase from archaea: discrimination of substrates and molecular evolutionSeiya Watanabe
Faculty of Agriculture, Ehime University, Matsuyama, Ehime, 790 8566, Japan
PLoS ONE 10:e0120349. 2015..A phylogenetic analysis indicated that such unique broad substrate specificity was derived from an ancestral enzyme of this superfamily. ..
- Identification and characterization of D-hydroxyproline dehydrogenase and Delta1-pyrroline-4-hydroxy-2-carboxylate deaminase involved in novel L-hydroxyproline metabolism of bacteria: metabolic convergent evolutionSeiya Watanabe
Faculty of Agriculture, Ehime University, 3 5 7 Tarumi, Matsuyama, Ehime 790 8566, Japan
J Biol Chem 287:32674-88. 2012....
- A lactoferrin-derived peptide with cationic residues concentrated in a region of its helical structure induces necrotic cell death in a leukemic cell line (HL-60)Junko Onishi
Faculty of Agriculture, Ehime University, 3 5 7 Tarumi, Matsuyama, Japan
J Pept Sci 14:1032-8. 2008....
- Glutamate regulation of DARPP-32 phosphorylation in neostriatal neurons involves activation of multiple signaling cascadesAkinori Nishi
Department of Pharmacology, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume, Fukuoka 830 0011, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:1199-204. 2005....
- Regulation of brain cell environment on neuronal protection: role of TNFalpha in glia cellsHiroko Hamano
Department of Anesthesiology, Tokyo Medical University, 6 7 1 Nishi shinjuku, Shinjuku ku, 160 0023, Tokyo, Japan
Life Sci 72:565-74. 2002..In addition, the production of TNFalpha is not directly related to the trigger of cell injury...
- The atomic structure of rice dwarf virus reveals the self-assembly mechanism of component proteinsAtsushi Nakagawa
Institute for Protein Research, Osaka University, 3 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Structure 11:1227-38. 2003..These interactions suggest how the 900 protein components are built into a higher-ordered virus core structure...
- In vitro activities of piperacillin against beta-lactamase-negative ampicillin-resistant Haemophilus influenzaeYoshiro Morikawa
Yodogawa Christian Hospital, Higashiyodogawa ku, Osaka, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:1229-34. 2004....
- Structure-activity relationship and biological property of cortistatins, anti-angiogenic spongean steroidal alkaloidsShunji Aoki
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, Yamada oka 1 6, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem 15:6758-62. 2007....
- Novel isomarabarican triterpenes, exhibiting selective anti-proliferative activity against vascular endothelial cells, from marine sponge Rhabdastrella globostellataShunji Aoki
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, Yamada oka 1 6, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem 15:4818-28. 2007..Moreover, 4 induced apoptosis of HUVECs, whereas it exhibited no effect on VEGF-induced phosphorylation of ERK1/2 in HUVECs...
- Phosphoinositide metabolism during membrane ruffling and macropinosome formation in EGF-stimulated A431 cellsNobukazu Araki
Department of Histology and Cell Biology, School of Medicine, Kagawa University, Miki, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
Exp Cell Res 313:1496-507. 2007..This study emphasizes that locally controlled levels of phosphoinositides are important for regulating the function of actin-binding proteins which effect changes in the membrane architecture...
- Changes in expression of GABAA alpha4 subunit mRNA in the brain under anesthesia induced by volatile and intravenous anestheticsShusuke Sekine
Department of Anesthesiology, Tokyo Medical University, 160 0023, Tokyo, Japan
Neurochem Res 31:439-48. 2006..These results indicate that the GABAA receptor alpha4 subunit plays an important role in regulating the anesthetic stage of i.v. anesthetics...
- Calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase I inhibits neuronal nitric-oxide synthase activity through serine 741 phosphorylationTao Song
Department of Cell Physiology, Kagawa University, Faculty of Medicine, 1750 1 Ikenobe, Miki cho, Kida gun, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
FEBS Lett 570:133-7. 2004..These results raise the possibility of a novel cross-talk between nNOS and CaM-K I through the phosphorylation of Ser741 on nNOS...
- Extraordinary changes in excitatory amino acid levels in cerebrospinal fluid of influenza-associated encephalopathy of childrenHisashi Kawashima
Department of Paediatrics, Tokyo Medical University, 6 7 1 Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 0023, Japan
Neurochem Res 29:1537-40. 2004..The high mortality in the disease may correlate with the hyperactivity of supra-spinal glutamate neurons and the subsequent high activity levels of NOx in CNS...
- Increases in COX II mRNA in the rat spinal cord induced by cauda equina tractionKiyoko Hirabayashi
Department of Anesthesiology, Tokyo Medical University, Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Neurosci 116:575-86. 2006..These results indicate that significant induction of spinal COX II mRNA was caused by cauda equina traction and that such induction plays a regulatory role in the nociceptive pain pathway...