Affiliation: Cancer Institute Hospital
- Modeling late entry bias in survival analysisMasaaki Matsuura
Cancer Institute, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Tokyo 135 8550, Japan
Biometrics 61:559-66. 2005..We apply this method to mortality analysis among atomic bomb survivors defined in a geographical study region...
- Role of insulin-like growth factor binding protein 2 in lung adenocarcinoma: IGF-independent antiapoptotic effect via caspase-3Toshiro Migita
The Cancer Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Pathol 176:1756-66. 2010..IGFBP-2, therefore, may offer a novel therapeutic target and serve as an antiapoptotic biomarker for lung adenocarcinoma...
- High-grade breast cancers include both highly sensitive and highly resistant subsets to cytotoxic chemotherapyTomo Osako
Divisions of Pathology, Cancer Institute Hospital, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, 3 8 31, Ariake, Koto ku, Tokyo, 135 8550, Japan
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 136:1431-8. 2010..To determine the highly sensitive and highly resistant subsets to cytotoxic chemotherapy, we evaluated predictive factors for pCR and PD to NAC, and assessed the similarities in these factors...
- Activation status of receptor tyrosine kinase downstream pathways in primary lung adenocarcinoma with reference of KRAS and EGFR mutationsMiyako Hiramatsu
Division of Pathology, The Cancer Institute, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research JFCR, 3 8 31 Ariake, Koto ku, Tokyo 135 8550, Japan
Lung Cancer 70:94-102. 2010..The signal proteins were differently related to mutation status from cultured cells...
- Common and discriminative clinicopathological features between breast cancers with pathological complete response or progressive disease in response to neoadjuvant chemotherapyTomo Osako
Division of Pathology, Cancer Institute Hospital of the Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, 3 10 6, Ariake, Koto ku, Tokyo, 135 8550, Japan
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 136:233-41. 2010....
- Common peak approach using mass spectrometry data sets for predicting the effects of anticancer drugs on breast cancerMasaru Ushijima
Genome Center, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Inform 3:285-93. 2007..The analysis gives good performance in the sense of test errors for classifying the class labels for a given feature vector of selected peak values...
- Late toxicity after definitive concurrent chemoradiotherapy for thoracic esophageal carcinomaMadoka Morota
Department of Radiation Oncology, The Cancer Institute Hospital, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 75:122-8. 2009..To evaluate late cardiopulmonary toxicities after concurrent chemoradiotherapy (CCRT) for esophageal carcinomas...
- ATP citrate lyase: activation and therapeutic implications in non-small cell lung cancerToshiro Migita
Divisions of Pathology, The Cancer Institute, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Res 68:8547-54. 2008..Taken together, these findings suggest that ACLY is involved in lung cancer pathogenesis associated with metabolic abnormality and might offer a novel therapeutic target...
- Predictive factors for efficacy of capecitabine in heavily pretreated patients with metastatic breast cancerTomo Osako
Department of Medical Oncology, Cancer Institute Hospital, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, 3 10 6, Ariake, Koto ku, Tokyo, 135 8550, Japan
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 63:865-71. 2009....
- Histological features of breast cancer, highly sensitive to chemotherapyRie Horii
Department of Pathology, The Cancer Institute of the Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Koto ku, Tokyo, 135 8550, Japan
Breast Cancer 14:393-400. 2007..To establish tailor-made therapy for breast cancer, we investigated the possibility of predicting chemotherapy sensitive cases based on pre-therapeutic histological features...
- Functional pathway characterized by gene expression analysis of supraclavicular lymph node metastasis-positive breast cancerYoko Oishi
Department of Molecular Diagnosis, Cancer Institute, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Tokyo, Japan
J Hum Genet 52:271-9. 2007..We also determined that immunohistostaining for the Stathmin1 gene product is a potential tool for predicting the outcome of breast cancer patients with supraclavicular lymph node metastasis...
- Acyl-CoA synthetase as a cancer survival factor: its inhibition enhances the efficacy of etoposideTetsuo Mashima
Division of Molecular Biotherapy, Cancer Chemotherapy Center, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Koto ku, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Sci 100:1556-62. 2009..These results indicate that ACS is an apoptosis suppressor and that ACS inhibition could be a rational strategy to amplify the antitumor effect of etoposide...
- A large-scale gene expression comparison of microdissected, small-sized endometrial cancers with or without hyperplasia matched to same-patient normal tissueYuko Sugiyama
Department of Gynecology, Cancer Institute Hospital, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 9:5589-600. 2003..The purpose of our study is to identify genes involved in carcinogenesis of endometrial cancer, especially those differentially expressed by type I and type II cancers...
- Identification of the molecular mechanisms for dedifferentiation at the invasion front of colorectal cancer by a gene expression analysisYoshimasa Oku
Genome Center, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 14:7215-22. 2008..The aim of this study is to identify gene expression signatures that accompany dedifferentiation at the cancer invasion front in colorectal cancer...
- Analysis of cancer mortality among atomic bomb survivors in Hiroshima Prefecture, 1968-1997Tamara Zhunussova
Department of Epidemiology, Research Institute for Radiation Biology and Medicine, Hiroshima University, 1 2 3, Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima, 734 8553, Japan
Hiroshima J Med Sci 52:1-7. 2003..In particular the sharply increased excess relative risk for female breast cancer shown in 1988-1992 dramatically declined during the period 1993-1997...
- Clinical importance of estrogen receptor-beta evaluation in breast cancer patients treated with adjuvant tamoxifen therapyNaoko Honma
Research Team for Geriatric Diseases, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology, Tokyo, Japan
J Clin Oncol 26:3727-34. 2008..A large and systematic study is needed to address these important issues...
- Identification of candidate predictive markers of anticancer drug sensitivity using a panel of human cancer cell linesShingo Dan
Division of Molecular Pharmacology, Cancer Chemotherapy Center, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, 1 37 1 Kami Ikebukuro, Toshima ku, Tokyo 170 8455
Cancer Sci 94:1074-82. 2003..The present results suggest that AKR1B1 and CTSH may be good markers for prediction of sensitivity to certain drugs and that our panel of 39 cell lines has the potential to identify candidate predictive marker genes...
- Identifying haplotype block structure using an ancestor-derived modelHironori Fujisawa
The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Tokyo 106 8569, Japan
J Hum Genet 52:738-46. 2007..The proposed method was powerful from the viewpoint of hotspot sensitivity and was robust to mutation except at the edge of a sequence...
- Reassessment of the cancer mortality risk among Hiroshima atomic-bomb survivors using a new dosimetry system, ABS2000D, compared with ABS93DHiroaki Katayama
Department of Information Technology, Radiation Effects Research Foundation, 5 2 Hijiyama Koen, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 732 0815, Japan
J Radiat Res 43:53-64. 2002..Therefore, it is indicated that a modification of the neutron-dose estimates would not markedly change the conclusions about the cancer mortality risk...