Masa aki Sato
Affiliation: ATR Computational Neuroscience Laboratories
- Brain activity underlying auditory perceptual learning during short period training: simultaneous fMRI and EEG recordingAna Cláudia Silva de Souza
Universidade Federal de Sao Joao del Rei, Ouro Branco, Brazil
BMC Neurosci 14:8. 2013..We investigated whether the practice effects are determined solely by activity in stimulus-driven mechanisms or whether high-level attentional mechanisms, which are linked to the perceptual task, control the learning process...
- Hierarchical Bayesian estimation for MEG inverse problemMasa aki Sato
ATR Computational Neuroscience Laboratories, 2 2 2 Hikaridai, Seika, Soraku, Kyoto 619 0288, Japan
Neuroimage 23:806-26. 2004..Simulation results demonstrate that our method appropriately resolves the inverse problem even if fMRI data convey inaccurate information, while the Wiener filter method is seriously deteriorated by inaccurate fMRI information...
- Evaluation of hierarchical Bayesian method through retinotopic brain activities reconstruction from fMRI and MEG signalsTaku Yoshioka
National Institute of Information and Communications Technology, Soraku, Kyoto 619 0288, Japan
Neuroimage 42:1397-413. 2008..These results indicate the potential capability for the hierarchical Bayesian method combining MEG with fMRI to improve the spatiotemporal resolution of noninvasive brain activity measurement...
- Reduction of global interference of scalp-hemodynamics in functional near-infrared spectroscopy using short distance probesTakanori Sato
Nagaoka University of Technology, 1603 1 Kamitomioka, Nagaoka, Niigata 940 2188, Japan ATR Brain Information Communication Research Lab Group, 2 2 2 Hikaridai, Keihanna Science City, Kyoto 619 0288, Japan
Neuroimage 141:120-32. 2016..These results suggest that combining measurements from four Short-channels with a GLM provides robust estimation of cerebral activity at a low cost. ..
- Cortical current source estimation from electroencephalography in combination with near-infrared spectroscopy as a hierarchical priorTakatsugu Aihara
ATR Computational Neuroscience Laboratories, Kyoto 619 0288, Japan
Neuroimage 59:4006-21. 2012..The results suggest that VBMEG with NIRS prior performs well, even with as few as 19 EEG sensors. These findings indicate the potential value of clinically applying VBMEG using a combination of EEG and NIRS...
- Premotor cortex mediates perceptual performanceDaniel Callan
ATR Computational Neuroscience Laboratories, Kyoto, Japan
Neuroimage 51:844-58. 2010....
- Sparse estimation automatically selects voxels relevant for the decoding of fMRI activity patternsOkito Yamashita
ATR Computational Neuroscience Laboratories, Japan
Neuroimage 42:1414-29. 2008..We conclude that SLR provides a robust method for fMRI decoding and can also serve as a stand-alone tool for voxel selection...
- Multi-subject and multi-task experimental validation of the hierarchical Bayesian diffuse optical tomography algorithmOkito Yamashita
Neural Information Analysis Laboratories, ATR, 2 2 2 Hikaridai, Keihanna Science City, Kyoto 619 0288, Japan Brain Functional Imaging Technologies Group, CiNet, 1 4 Yamadaoka, Suita City, Osaka 565 0871, Japan Electronic address
Neuroimage 135:287-99. 2016..Compared with the current gold-standard method, the new method showed fewer false positives, which resulted in improved spatial-pattern similarity, although the localization errors of the main activity clusters were comparable. ..
- Hierarchical Bayesian estimation improves depth accuracy and spatial resolution of diffuse optical tomographyTakeaki Shimokawa
ATR Neural Information Analysis Laboratories, Kyoto 619 0288, Japan
Opt Express 20:20427-46. 2012..This discrimination ability was possible even if the depths of the two absorbers were different from each other. These results show the high spatial resolution of the proposed method in both depth and horizontal directions...
- A hierarchical Bayesian method to resolve an inverse problem of MEG contaminated with eye movement artifactsYusuke Fujiwara
Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Nara 630 0192, Japan
Neuroimage 45:393-409. 2009..Our method should be widely applicable to MEG data obtained in tasks with non-negligible eye movements...
- Estimating repetitive spatiotemporal patterns from resting-state brain activity dataYusuke Takeda
Department of Computational Brain Imaging, ATR Neural Information Analysis Laboratories, 2 2 2 Hikaridai, Seika cho, Soraku gun, Kyoto 619 0288, Japan Electronic address
Neuroimage 133:251-65. 2016..Using this method, it is possible to reveal discrete events spontaneously occurring in our brains, such as memory retrieval. ..
- Estimation of hyper-parameters for a hierarchical model of combined cortical and extra-brain current sources in the MEG inverse problemKen ichi Morishige
Department of Intelligent Systems Design Engineering, Toyama Prefectural University, 5180 Kurokawa, Imizu shi, Toyama 939 0398, Japan Cognitive Mechanisms Laboratories, Advanced Telecommunications Research Institute International, 2 2 2 Hikaridai, Keihanna Science City, Kyoto 619 0288, Japan Electronic address
Neuroimage 101:320-36. 2014..Furthermore, we applied our proposed method to measured MEG data during covert pursuit of a smoothly moving target and confirmed its effectiveness. ..
- A generalized method to estimate waveforms common across trials from EEGsYusuke Takeda
ATR Computational Neuroscience Laboratories, 2 2 2 Hikaridai, Keihanna Science City, Kyoto 619 0288, Japan
Neuroimage 51:629-41. 2010..This method can be used in general situations where the number and the delays of EEG waveforms common across trials are unknown...
- Single-trial reconstruction of finger-pinch forces from human motor-cortical activation measured by near-infrared spectroscopy (NIRS)Isao Nambu
ATR Computational Neuroscience Laboratories, Kyoto, Japan
Neuroimage 47:628-37. 2009..These data demonstrate the potential for reconstructing different levels of external loads (forces) from those of the internal loads (activation) in the human brain using NIRS...
- The effects of feature attention on prestimulus cortical activity in the human visual systemKazuhisa Shibata
Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Graduate School of Information Science, 8916 5 Takayama cho, Ikoma shi, Nara 630 0101, Japan
Cereb Cortex 18:1664-75. 2008..These results suggest that, although both spatial and feature attention modulate prestimulus activity within specific visual areas, neural mechanisms underlying these effects might be different...
- A Bayesian missing value estimation method for gene expression profile dataShigeyuki Oba
Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916 5 Takayama, Ikoma 630 0192, Japan
Bioinformatics 19:2088-96. 2003....