Affiliation: Art Park Urology Hospital and Clinic
- Efficacy of inactivated trivalent influenza vaccine in alleviating the febrile illness of culture-confirmed influenza in children in the 2000-2001 influenza seasonMakoto Kamada
Nagai Pediatric Clinic, 2 20 Akanechou, Takamatsu, Kagawa 760 0002, and Pediatrics and Child Health, Kurume University Medical Center, Fukuoka, Japan
Vaccine 24:3618-23. 2006..For influenza B the odds ratio for vaccinated children to have a maximum fever exceeding 39.5 degrees C was 0.52 (95% CI, 0.30-0.92) Our findings suggest modest impact of influenza vaccination on limiting severity of disease symptoms...
- Summary for symposium I on the development of a more efficacious influenza vaccine held at the 15th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society for Vaccinology, Tokyo, 2011Takuji Kumagai
Kohjinkai Health Care, Kumagai Pediatric Clinic, West 6, Momijidai, Atsubetsu ku, Sapporo 004 0013, Japan
Vaccine 30:6338-9. 2012..The symposium covered data assessment of the newly developed H5N1 vaccine, adjuvant development for influenza vaccine, the future threat of H5N1 influenza, measures for its control, and the recent development of a mucosal vaccine...
- Varicella-zoster virus-specific cellular immunity in subjects given acyclovir after household chickenpox exposureT Kumagai
Kumagai Pediatric Clinic, W 6, Momijidai, Atsubetsu ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 004 0013, Japan
J Infect Dis 180:834-7. 1999..Although acyclovir given after exposure to VZV is highly effective and does not appear to attenuate the immune response, it remains necessary to confirm whether, in the absence of clinical varicella, persons acquire specific immunity...
- Gelatin-containing diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis (DTP) vaccine causes sensitization to gelatin in the recipientsT Kumagai
Pediatric Allergy and Infectious Diseases Society of Sapporo, Kumagai Pediatric Clinic, W 6, Momijidai, Atsubetsu ku, 004 0013, Sapporo, Japan
Vaccine 18:1555-61. 2000..We conclude that DTP vaccine containing gelatin induces sensitization to gelatin in the recipients, but the mechanism of local reactions remains unknown...
- Gelatin-specific cellular immune responses persist for more than 3 years after priming with gelatin containing DTaP vaccineT Kumagai
Pediatric Allergy and Infectious Diseases Society of Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
Clin Exp Allergy 32:1510-4. 2002..Gelatin-specific cell-mediated immunity develops in subjects inoculated with gelatin containing DTaP vaccine. However, it is not yet known whether such established sensitization to gelatin disappears or persists with time...
- Poor immune responses to influenza vaccination in infantsTakuji Kumagai
Pediatric Allergy and Infectious Diseases Society of Sapporo, Kumagai Pediatric Clinic, W 6, Momijidai, Atsubetsu ku, Sapporo 004 0013, Japan
Vaccine 22:3404-10. 2004..Infants responded poorly to HA influenza vaccine compared with young children...
- Time course characteristics of human herpesvirus 6 specific cellular immune response and natural killer cell activity in patients with exanthema subitumTakuji Kumagai
Pediatric Allergy and Infectious Diseases Society of Sapporo, Kumagai Pediatric Clinic, Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
J Med Virol 78:792-9. 2006..The lymphoproliferative response to phytohemagglutinin ratios implied that HHV-6 infection has some impact on host T-cell immunity during the course of exanthema subitum...
- Virus specific cell-mediated immunity may play a role in controlling reactivated human herpesvirus 6B in patients under measles induced immunosuppressionTakuji Kumagai
Kumagai Pediatric Clinic, Sapporo, Japan
J Med Virol 86:658-65. 2014..The dynamic fluctuations in lymphoproliferative responses in measles may represent the balance between HHV 6B reactivation and its suppression by the host immune system...
- Reactogenicity and immunogenicity of measles-rubella combined vaccine in school-entry-aged subjects with naturally acquired measles immunityTakuji Kumagai
Pediatric Allergy and Infectious Diseases Society of Sapporo, Kumagai Pediatric Clinic, Sapporo, Japan
Pediatr Int 57:597-602. 2015..The reintroduction of measles-rubella combined (MR) vaccination to Japan raised concerns about adverse events as well as immunogenicity related to booster immunization in subjects with naturally acquired immunity to measles or rubella...
- Humoral immune response to influenza A(H1N1)pdm2009 in patients with natural infection and in vaccine recipients in the 2009 pandemicTakuji Kumagai
1 Pediatric Allergy and Infectious Diseases Society of Sapporo, Kumagai Pediatric Clinic, Sapporo, Japan
Viral Immunol 27:368-74. 2014..However, already primed subjects through subclinical infection elicited the unique pattern of IgG subclass responses by vaccination, which differed from those of naive populations...
- Gelatin allergyTetsuo Nakayama
Pediatrics 113:170-1; author reply 170-1. 2004
- Mumps virus reinfection is not a rare event confirmed by reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplificationNaoko Yoshida
Kitasato Institute for Life Sciences, Laboratory of Viral Infection, Tokyo, Japan
J Med Virol 80:517-23. 2008..Mumps virus reinfection was confirmed by RT-LAMP and an IgG avidity test and was not a rare event...
- Molecular epidemiology of mumps virus in Japan and proposal of two new genotypesYoko Inou
Department of Pediatrics, Tokyo Medical College, Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Med Virol 73:97-104. 2004..We should continue to watch on mumps virus molecular epidemiology...
- A comparative study of the incidence of aseptic meningitis in symptomatic natural mumps patients and monovalent mumps vaccine recipients in JapanTakao Nagai
Vaccine Study Group of the Society of Ambulatory and General Pediatrics of Japan, Takamatsu 760 0002, Japan
Vaccine 25:2742-7. 2007..Our results provide an informative data for consideration to resume mumps vaccine as a part of routine immunization schedule for Japanese children...