Affiliation: Ajinomoto Co
- Sense of taste in the gastrointestinal tractKen Iwatsuki
Institute for Innovation, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 118:123-8. 2012..Furthermore, it discusses the future perspectives of chemosensory studies...
- Identification of the vesicular nucleotide transporter (VNUT) in taste cellsKen Iwatsuki
Institute of Life Sciences, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, Suzuki cho, Kawasaki ku, Kawasaki, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 388:1-5. 2009..Our results, together with previous studies, strongly suggest that VNUT plays a role in type II taste cell...
- Detecting sweet and umami tastes in the gastrointestinal tractK Iwatsuki
Institute for Innovation, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, Kawasaki ku, Kawasaki, Japan
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 204:169-77. 2012..In addition, the possibility of purinergic transmission from taste-like cells in the GI tract to vagus nerves is discussed...
- Generation and characterization of T1R2-LacZ knock-in mouseKen Iwatsuki
Institute for Innovation, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, 1 1 Suzuki cho, Kawasaki ku, Kawasaki 210 8681, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 402:495-9. 2010..In summary, the T1R2 knock-in mouse is a powerful tool to analyze the putative targets for sweeteners as well as to study the physiological roles of T1R2 in detecting sugars...
- Correlation Between Activation of the Prelimbic Cortex, Basolateral Amygdala, and Agranular Insular Cortex During Taste Memory FormationAkira Uematsu
Frontier Research Laboratories, Institute for Innovation, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, Kawasaki 210 8681, Japan Current address Laboratory for Neural Circuitry of Memory, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Cereb Cortex 25:2719-28. 2015..Taken together, these findings clearly identify a role of synchronized PL, agranular IC, and BLA activity in CTA learning. ..
- Peripheral chemosensing system for tastants and nutrientsKen Iwatsuki
Institute for Innovation, Ajinomoto Co Inc, Kawasaki ku, Kawasaki, Japan
Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes 19:19-25. 2012..The purpose of this review is to discuss the presence and possible roles of peripheral taste/nutrient sensors, particularly taste receptors...
- Evaluation of the 'liking' and 'wanting' properties of umami compound in ratsAkira Uematsu
Institute of Life Sciences, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, 1 1 Suzuki cho, Kawasaki ku, Kawasaki 210 8681, Japan
Physiol Behav 102:553-8. 2011..The present study also suggest that the hedonic response and incentive salience of umami compound is modulated by brain opioid signaling...