Affiliation: Ajinomoto Co
- The effects of glycine on subjective daytime performance in partially sleep-restricted healthy volunteersMakoto Bannai
Frontier Research Labs, Institute for Innovation, Ajinomoto Co, Inc Kanagawa, Japan
Front Neurol 3:61. 2012..Thus, glycine modulates certain neuropeptides in the SCN and this phenomenon may indirectly contribute to improving the occasional sleepiness and fatigue induced by sleep restriction...
- Characteristic metabolism of free amino acids in cetacean plasma: cluster analysis and comparison with miceKazuki Miyaji
Department of Animal Science and Biotechnology, Azabu University, Sagamihara, Japan
PLoS ONE 5:e13808. 2010..Furthermore, since dolphins are kept in many aquariums for observation, the evaluation of these aminograms may provide useful diagnostic indices for the assessment of cetacean health in artificial environments in the future...
- Dietary deficiency of essential amino acids rapidly induces cessation of the rat estrous cycleKazumi Narita
Department of Integrative Physiology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Fukui, Yoshida gun, Fukui, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e28136. 2011..It could be viewed as an adaptation to the diet, diverting resources away from reproduction and reallocating them to survival until well-balanced amino acid sources are found...
- Effects of (L)-cystine and (L)-theanine supplementation on the common cold: a randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled trialShigekazu Kurihara
Research Institute for Health Fundamentals, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, Kanagawa 210 8681, Japan
J Amino Acids 2010:307475. 2010..These results suggest that CT supplementation may be useful for the prevention of the common cold...
- Multivariable analysis of host amino acids in plasma and liver during infection of malaria parasite Plasmodium yoeliiErisha Saiki
Department of Tropical Medicine, The Jikei University School of Medicine, 3 25 8, Nishi Shinbashi, Tokyo 105 8461, Japan
Malar J 12:19. 2013....
- New therapeutic strategy for amino acid medicine: glycine improves the quality of sleepMakoto Bannai
Frontier Research Laboratories, Institute for Innovation, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 118:145-8. 2012..In this review, we will describe both our recent findings regarding how and where orally administered glycine acts and findings from our rat study and human trials...
- Oral administration of glycine increases extracellular serotonin but not dopamine in the prefrontal cortex of ratsMakoto Bannai
Research Institute for Health Fundamentals, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, Kanagawa, Japan
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 65:142-9. 2011..The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of oral glycine administration on endogenous 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) and dopamine in the prefrontal cortex (PFC) of living rats...
- Pharmacokinetics and cerebral distribution of glycine administered to ratsNobuhiro Kawai
Institute of Life Sciences, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, 1 1 Suzuki cho, Kawasaki ku, Kawasaki shi, Kanagawa, 210 8681, Japan
Amino Acids 42:2129-37. 2012..These results provide further insight into the potential therapeutic applications of glycine...
- The seasonal fluctuation of plasma amino acids in aquarium-maintained bottlenose dolphins (Tursiops truncatus)Kazuki Miyaji
Azabu University School of Veterinary Medicine, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 252 5201, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 74:871-7. 2012....
- Adaptational modification of serine and threonine metabolism in the liver to essential amino acid deficiency in ratsKenji Nagao
Research Institute for Health Fundamentals, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, Kawasaki, Japan
Amino Acids 36:555-62. 2009..Proteolytic responses to the amino acid deficiency may be lessened by storing amino radicals as serine and inducing anorexia through elevation of threonine...
- The Sleep-Promoting and Hypothermic Effects of Glycine are Mediated by NMDA Receptors in the Suprachiasmatic NucleusNobuhiro Kawai
Institute for Innovation, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, Kawasaki, Japan
Neuropsychopharmacology 40:1405-16. 2015..SCN ablation completely abolished the sleep-promoting and hypothermic effects of glycine. These data suggest that exogenous glycine promotes sleep via peripheral vasodilatation through the activation of NMDA receptors in the SCN shell. ..