- Evaluation of Elispot assays: influence of method and operator on variability of results
ZellNet Consulting, Inc, 555 North Avenue, Suite 25 S, Fort Lee NJ 07024, USA
J Immunol Methods 291:175-83. 2004
..This variability was independent of operator or spot number per well. Based on this study, recommendations for standardization and validation procedures of Elispot assay performance and evaluation procedures are presented...
- Standardization and validation issues of the ELISPOT assay
ZellNet Consulting Inc, Fort Lee, NJ, USA
Methods Mol Biol 302:51-86. 2005
..This chapter will give the experienced scientists as well as newcomers to the field an overview over the major standardization issues for each step of the protocol. Guidelines are given on how to validate the ELISPOT performance...
- Results and harmonization guidelines from two large-scale international Elispot proficiency panels conducted by the Cancer Vaccine Consortium (CVC/SVI)
ZellNet Consulting, Inc, Fort Lee, NJ, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 57:303-15. 2008
..These results provide initial harmonization guidelines to optimize Elispot assay performance to the immunotherapy community. Further optimization is in process with ongoing panels...
- Performance of serum-supplemented and serum-free media in IFNgamma Elispot Assays for human T cells
Cancer Vaccine Consortium of the Cancer Research Institute, New York, NY, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 59:609-18. 2010
..Recovery and viability of cells are largely unaffected by serum-free conditions even after overnight resting. Furthermore, one serum-free medium was identified that appears to enhance antigen-specific IFNgamma-secretion...
- Stepping up ELISpot: Multi-Level Analysis in FluoroSpot Assays
ZellNet Consulting, Inc, 555 North Avenue, Suite 25 S, Fort Lee, NJ 07024, USA
Cells 3:1102-15. 2014
- Enzyme-Linked ImmunoSpot (ELISpot) for Single-Cell Analysis
ZellNet Consulting, Inc, 555 North Avenue, Suite 25 S, Fort Lee, NJ, 07024, USA
Methods Mol Biol 1346:27-46. 2015
..This chapter describes the optimized protocol steps of the ELISpot technique, important improvements and tools available for the community, and the current expansion of the technique into polyfunctional cell analysis. ..
- Defining the critical hurdles in cancer immunotherapy
Bernard A Fox
Earle A, Chiles Research Institute, Robert W, Franz Research Center, Providence Cancer Center, Providence Portland Medical Center, Portland, OR, USA
J Transl Med 9:214. 2011
..Each of these hurdles can significantly delay clinical translation of promising advances in immunotherapy yet if overcome, have the potential to improve outcomes of patients with cancer...
- A critical assessment for the value of markers to gate-out undesired events in HLA-peptide multimer staining protocols
Division of Translational and Experimental Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine III, University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
J Transl Med 9:108. 2011
..However, the impact of the introduction of a DUMP channel in multimer assays has so far not been systematically investigated across a broad variety of protocols...
- A systematic approach to biomarker discovery; preamble to "the iSBTc-FDA taskforce on immunotherapy biomarkers"
Lisa H Butterfield
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 15213, USA
J Transl Med 6:81. 2008
..This foreword provides an overview of the task force and invites feedback from readers that might be incorporated in the discussions and in the final document...
- The impact of harmonization on ELISPOT assay performance
ZellNet Consulting, Inc, Fort Lee, NJ, USA
Methods Mol Biol 792:25-36. 2012
..Furthermore, harmonization is discussed in the context of assay standardization and validation strategies...
- Guidelines for the automated evaluation of Elispot assays
ZellNet Consulting, Inc, Fort Lee, New Jersey, USA
Nat Protoc 10:1098-115. 2015
..These guidelines conclude the ongoing harmonization efforts for the enzymatic Elispot assay. ..
- A phase I pilot study of autologous heat shock protein vaccine HSPPC-96 in patients with resected pancreatic adenocarcinoma
Robert G Maki
Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021 6007, USA
Dig Dis Sci 52:1964-72. 2007
..Examination of this novel approach using multiple dose levels is 1 approach to further investigate the immunogenicity and clinical utility of HSPPC-96 vaccination in this setting...
- A harmonized approach to intracellular cytokine staining gating: Results from an international multiconsortia proficiency panel conducted by the Cancer Immunotherapy Consortium (CIC/CRI)
Lisa K McNeil
Pfizer Vaccines, Pearl River, NY 10965, USA
Cytometry A 83:728-38. 2013
- Improved endpoints for cancer immunotherapy trials
Cancer Immunotherapy Consortium of the Cancer Research Institute, New York, NY, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 102:1388-97. 2010
..These recommendations may improve our tools for cancer immunotherapy trials and may offer a more realistic and useful model for clinical investigation...
- Measurement of cytokine release at the single cell level using the ELISPOT assay
Josephine H Cox
U S Military HIV Research Program, Henry M Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, 13 Taft Court, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Methods 38:274-82. 2006
..The history, applications, validation process, and future challenges of the ELISPOT assay are discussed in this chapter...
- A panel of MHC class I restricted viral peptides for use as a quality control for vaccine trial ELISPOT assays
Jeffrey R Currier
The US Military HIV Research Program, Suite 200, 13 Taft Court, Rockville, MD 20851, USA
J Immunol Methods 260:157-72. 2002
..The size, shape and appearance of the spots produced using this peptide panel provided a standard for the establishment of acceptance criteria of spots for the evaluation of ELISPOT plates using an automated reader system...