- Phase 4 Studies in Heart Failure - What is Done and What is Needed?
Cardiologist and Senior Lecturer NT Medical School, Flinders University, Australia
Curr Cardiol Rev 12:216-30. 2016
..We explore the phases of clinical trials, the level of evidence currently available and options for ensuring greater accountability for community level CHF clinical outcomes. ..
- Contextualizing Genetics for Regional Heart Failure Care
Flinders University, NT Medical School, Darwin Australia
Curr Cardiol Rev 12:231-42. 2016
..In this thematic series which discusses the many factors that could be relevant for CHF care, once established treatments are available in the communities; this section addresses a contextual role for medical genetics. ..
- Heart Failure in Minority Populations - Impediments to Optimal Treatment in Australian Aborigines
Cardiologist and Senior Lecturer NT Medical School, Flinders University, Tiwi, NT 0811, Australia
Curr Cardiol Rev 12:166-79. 2016
..We provide a synopsis of the problem, highlight the treatment gaps, and define the impediments that present hurdles in optimising CHF care for Indigenous Australians. ..
- Self Managing Heart Failure in Remote Australia - Translating Concepts into Clinical Practice
NT Medical School, Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
Curr Cardiol Rev 12:270-284. 2016
..These challenges are amplified in remote Australia due to geographic and demographic factors, increased burden of disease, and higher incidence of comorbidities. In this review we explore CDSMP for CHF and the challenges for our region...
- Northern Territory perspectives on heart failure with comorbidities – understanding trial validity and exploring collaborative opportunities to broaden the evidence base
Royal Darwin Hospital, Flinders University, Darwin Private Hospital, Tiwi, NT 0811 Electronic address
Heart Lung Circ 24:536-43. 2015
..We also present alternatives that could utilise the core principles from major trials, while incorporating regional considerations, which could benefit clients living in the NT and remote Australia. ..
- Making sense of health care delivery Where does the close to community health care worker fit in? - The case for congestive heart failure
Consultant Cardiologist, Research Fellow and Senior Lecturer Flinders University, NT Medical School, Darwin, Australia Electronic address
Indian Heart J 67:250-8. 2015
- Technology-assisted congestive heart failure care
NT Medical School, Flinders University, Darwin, Australia
Curr Heart Fail Rep 12:173-86. 2015
..Whilst the intentions are laudable and the technology is appealing, this nonetheless requires careful scrutiny. This review aims to describe this technology and explore the current evidence and measures to enhance its implementation. ..
- Implementing guideline based heart failure care in the Northern Territory: challenges and solutions
Consultant Cardiologist, Senior Lecturer Flinders University, Royal Darwin Hospital, Rocklands Drive, Tiwi, PO Box 41326, Casuarina NT 0811 Electronic address
Heart Lung Circ 23:391-406. 2014
..The discussions highlighted could have implications for health service delivery throughout regional centres in Australia and health systems in other countries. ..
- Northern Territory Heart Failure Initiative-Clinical Audit (NTHFI-CA)-a prospective database on the quality of care and outcomes for acute decompensated heart failure admission in the Northern Territory: study design and rationale
Department of Cardiology, Royal Darwin Hospital, Tiwi, Northern Territory, Australia
BMJ Open 4:e004137. 2014
..It is becoming increasingly clear that urban solutions will not affect regional outcomes. To understand regional issues relevant to heart failure management, an understanding of the key performance indicators in that setting is critical...
- AUStralian Indigenous Chronic Disease Optimisation Study (AUSI-CDS) prospective observational cohort study to determine if an established chronic disease health care model can be used to deliver better heart failure care among remote Indigenous Australian
Flinders Human Behaviour and Health Research Unit FHBHRU, Margaret Tobin Centre, Flinders University, Bedford Park, SA 5001, Australia Royal Darwin Hospital, Division of Medicine, Level 7 Royal Darwin Hospital, Rocklands Drive, Tiwi, NT 0810, Australia Electronic address
Heart Lung Circ 22:930-9. 2013
..There is a need for research on ways to provide chronic disease management to this group. We therefore designed a study to assess a model of patient focussed comprehensive care for Indigenous Australians with heart failure...
- Cardio-renal syndrome: new perspective in diagnostics
Centre of Cardiovascular Research and Education in Therapeutics, Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Monash University and Alfred Hospital, Melbourne Victoria, Australia
Semin Nephrol 32:3-17. 2012
- The role and management of sympathetic overactivity in cardiovascular and renal complications of diabetes
Royal Darwin Hospital, Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Diabetes Metab 39:290-8. 2013
..Radiofrequency renal sympathectomy and baroreflex activation technologies also offer exciting new ways to tackle the challenge of sympathetic overactivity. ..