- The major traumas in youth footballP Volpi
Centro di Traumatologia dello Sport e Chirurgia Artroscopica, Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi, Via Galeazzi, 4, 20161 Milan, Italy
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 11:399-402. 2003..As regards the age categories we detected a prevalence of osteochondrosis, traumatic detachments, and some fractures in the younger players, while in the older athletes we observed more sprains, muscle lesions, and tendonopathies...
- Surgical treatment of anterior cruciate ligament injuries in adolescents using double-looped semitendinosus and gracilis tendons: supraepiphysary femoral and tibial fixationPiero Volpi
Center for Sport Traumatology and Arthroscopic Surgery, Galeazzi Orthopedic Institute, Milan, Italy
Arthroscopy 20:447-9. 2004..We report on a technique analogous to that applied to adults, using doubled hamstring tendons that are fixed with 2 transverse femoral and tibial bioabsorbable cross pins without interfering with the growth cartilage...
- Why menisci show higher healing rate when repaired during ACL reconstruction? Growth factors release can be the explanationL De Girolamo
IRCCS Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi, Via R Galeazzi, 4, Milan, Italy
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 23:90-6. 2015....
- Trans-physeal anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction in adolescentsP Volpi
Knee Orthopaedics and Sport Traumatology Unit, Humanitas Clinical and Research Center, Via Manzoni 56, 20089, Rozzano, Milan, Italy
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 24:707-11. 2016....
- High articular levels of the angiogenetic factors VEGF and VEGF-receptor 2 as tissue healing biomarkers after single bundle anterior cruciate ligament reconstructionE Galliera
Dipartimento di Morfologia Umana e Scienze Biomediche, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
J Biol Regul Homeost Agents 25:85-91. 2011..These results could suggest that VEGF and VEGFRs could be considered as good biomarkers of tissue healing after knee joint surgery...
- High accuracy in knee alignment and implant placement in unicompartmental medial knee replacement when using patient-specific instrumentationP Volpi
Knee Surgery and Sport Traumatology Unit, Humanitas Clinical and Research Center, Via Manzoni 56, 20089, Rozzano, Milan, Italy
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 23:1292-8. 2015..The goal of this study was to examine the ability of patient-specific instrumentation to accurately reproduce postoperatively what the surgeon had planned preoperatively...
- Modified autologous matrix-induced chondrogenesis (AMIC) for the treatment of a large osteochondral defect in a varus knee: a case reportL De Girolamo
Orthopaedic Biotechnologies Lab, IRCCS Galeazzi Orthopaedic Institute, Milan, Italy
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 20:2287-90. 2012..A hyaline-like cartilage completely covered the defect and was congruent with the surrounding condyle cartilage as revealed by MRI and by a second-look arthroscopy. Level of evidence IV...
- The role of the rehabilitation brace in restoring knee extension after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: a prospective controlled studyG Melegati
Center for Sports Rehabilitation, Galeazzi Orthopedics Institute, Milan, Italy
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 11:322-6. 2003..KT 1000 arthrometric scores showed no difference between the two groups (Group A 1.8 mm, Group B 1.5; n.s.)...
- Growth factors in the management of sport-induced tendinopathies: results after 24 months from treatment. A pilot studyP Volpi
Sports Traumatology and Arthroscopic Surgery Unit, IRCCS Galeazzi Orthopaedic Institute, Milan, Italy
J Sports Med Phys Fitness 50:494-500. 2010..This paper describes the local and the systemic effects of US-guided autologous PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) injections in chronic tendinopathies in sportspersons...
- Lateral unicompartimental knee arthroplasty: indications, technique and short-medium term resultsPiero Volpi
Sports Traumatology and Arthroscopic Surgery Unit, Galeazzi Orthopedics Institute, R Galeazzi street 4, 20161, Milan, Italy
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 15:1028-34. 2007..The lateral UKA prosthesis can be regarded as a sound alternative to total knee replacement. Correct patient selection on the basis of optimum surgical indications, however, is essential...
- Comparative evaluation of knee stability following reconstruction of the anterior cruciate ligament with the bone-patellar tendon-bone and the double semitendinosus-gracilis methods: 1- and 2-year prospective studyMatteo Denti
Sports Traumatology and Arthroscopic Surgery Unit, Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi, Via Galeazzi, 4, 20161, Milan, Italy
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 14:637-40. 2006..80 and 0.96 (first and second years) versus 1.18 and 1.20. Both methods, in fact, resulted in very satisfactory anterior knee stability, even when applied in two dissimilar groups of patients...
- Muscle strains in soccer: a five-year survey of an Italian major league teamPiero Volpi
Sports Traumatology and Arthroscopic Surgery Unit, Galeazzi Orthopedics Institute, Milan, Italy
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 12:482-5. 2004..Lack of training was one of the causes of such injuries; in fact the training/match ratio of those seasons (3.6 to 1) show that there was little time for training compared to the number of matches...