Affiliation: Via Ponte Don Melillo
- Buccal localization of Crohn's disease with long-term infliximab therapy: a case reportCarolina Ciacci
Gastroenterology Unit, Department of Medicine and Surgery, University of Salerno, Baronissi Campus, Via S, Allende, 84081 Baronissi, Salerno, Italy
J Med Case Rep 8:397. 2014....
- A multicentre case control study on complicated coeliac disease: two different patterns of natural history, two different prognosesFederico Biagi
Coeliac Centre First Department of Internal Medicine, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, University of Pavia, P, le Golgi, 19, I 27100, Pavia, Italy
BMC Gastroenterol 14:139. 2014..Our aim was to study the prognosis and survival of A and B cases...
- Butyrate attenuates lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammation in intestinal cells and Crohn's mucosa through modulation of antioxidant defense machineryIlaria Russo
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Federico II University of Naples, Napoli, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e32841. 2012..In conclusion, butyrate rescues the redox machinery and controls the intracellular ROS balance thus switching off EC-LPS induced inflammatory response in intestinal epithelial cells and in CrD colonic mucosa...
- A randomised clinical trial (RCT) of a symbiotic mixture in patients with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS): effects on symptoms, colonic transit and quality of lifeCarmelina Cappello
Chirurgia Generale e Geriatrica, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Via Pansini 5, 80131 Napoli, Italy
Int J Colorectal Dis 28:349-58. 2013....
- Life events and the onset of celiac disease from a patient's perspectiveCarolina Ciacci
Department of Medicine and Surgery, University of Salerno, via S Allende 84081, Salerno 84081, Italy
Nutrients 5:3388-98. 2013....
- Gliadin does not induce mucosal inflammation or basophil activation in patients with nonceliac gluten sensitivityCristina Bucci
Gastrointestinal Unit, Department of Medicine and Surgery, University of Salerno, Salerno, Italy
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 11:1294-1299.e1. 2013..We investigated immunologic responses of duodenal mucosa samples and peripheral blood basophils, isolated from NCGS patients, after exposure to gliadin...
- In vitro gliadin challenge: diagnostic accuracy and utility for the difficult diagnosis of celiac diseaseRaffaella Tortora
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Federico II University of Naples, Italy
Am J Gastroenterol 107:111-7. 2012..Diagnosis of celiac disease is difficult when treatment with gluten-free diet (GFD) is started before diagnosis and/or when the results of tests are inconsistent. The objective of this study was to evaluate the in vitro gliadin challenge...
- The occurrence of lower limb enthesopathy in coeliac disease patients without clinical signs of articular involvementMariangela Atteno
Rheumatology Research Unit, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University Federico II of Naples, Via S Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Rheumatology (Oxford) 52:893-7. 2013..The aim of this study was to investigate the presence of entheseal abnormalities by US in patients with CD without clinical signs of articular involvement as compared with healthy control subjects...
- Urinary stone disease in adults with celiac disease: prevalence, incidence and urinary determinantsCarolina Ciacci
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Federico II University, Naples, Italy
J Urol 180:974-9. 2008..Data are missing on urinary stone disease in celiac disease, a common malabsorptive disorder. In this study we analyzed urinary stone disease and urine composition in adults with celiac disease...
- The prevalence of sexual behavior disorders in patients with treated and untreated gastroesophageal reflux diseasePaola Iovino
Area di Endoscopia Digestiva Diagnostica ed Operatoria, Dipartimento di Chirurgia Generale, Oncologica, Geriatrica e Tecnologie Avanzate, Universita Federico II, Napoli, Italy
Surg Endosc 21:1104-10. 2007..Sexual behavior is often altered in chronic illness. The aim of this study was to evaluate sexual behavior in patients affected with GERD before and after medical or surgical treatment in comparison to healthy controls (HC)...
- From menarche to menopause: the fertile life span of celiac womenAntonella Santonicola
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University Federico II of Naples, Naples, Italy
Menopause 18:1125-30. 2011..We evaluated menopause-associated disorders and fertile life span in women with celiac disease (CD) under untreated conditions and after long-term treatment with a gluten-free diet...
- Prevalence of functional dyspepsia and its subgroups in patients with eating disordersAntonella Santonicola
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Naples, Federico II, 80131 Naples, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 18:4379-85. 2012..To study the prevalence of functional dyspepsia (FD) (Rome III criteria) across eating disorders (ED), obese patients, constitutional thinner and healthy volunteers...
- Bone mass in women with celiac disease: role of exercise and gluten-free dietValentina Passananti
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University Federico II of Naples, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 44:379-83. 2012..Celiac patients report fatigue and reduced social activities, which may decrease physical activity. This study investigated the physical activity, fatigue and bone mineral density in celiac women at diagnosis and during diet...
- Anisakis, just think about it in an emergency!Cristina Bucci
Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine and Surgery, University of Salerno, Campus di Baronissi, Via S Allende, 84081 Baronissi SA, Salerno, Italy
Int J Infect Dis 17:e1071-2. 2013..Here we describe two cases of infection by Anisakis simplex due to ingestion of marinated anchovies in a coastal area of the Tyrrhenian Sea and discuss the types and varieties of Anisakis infection in humans. ..
- The Italian translation of the celiac disease-specific quality of life scale in celiac patients on gluten free dietFabiana Zingone
University of Salerno, Department of Medicine and Surgery, Salerno, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 45:115-8. 2013..A recently devised tool, the celiac disease-specific quality of life scale has been proposed to assess specifically quality of life in celiac patients...
- Celiac disease: in vitro and in vivo safety and palatability of wheat-free sorghum food productsCarolina Ciacci
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Federico II, Napoli, Italy
Clin Nutr 26:799-805. 2007..Thus the aim of the present study was to assess safety and tolerability of sorghum flour products in adult celiac disease patients, utilizing an in vitro and in vivo challenge...
- The severity of irritable bowel syndrome or the presence of fibromyalgia influencing the perception of visceral and somatic stimuliFabrizio Tremolaterra
Gastrointestinal Unit, Department of Medicine and Surgery, University of Salerno, Via S, Allende, 84081 Baronissi, SA, Italy
BMC Gastroenterol 14:182. 2014..Our aim was to study visceral and somatic sensitivity in mild IBS patients and in severe IBS patients with or without FMS...
- Hereditary fructose intolerance and celiac disease: a novel genetic associationCarolina Ciacci
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica e Sperimentale, Universita di Napoli Federico II, Napoli, Italy
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 4:635-8. 2006..Celiac disease (CD) has been associated with several genetic disorders, but has not been associated with hereditary fructose intolerance (HFI)...
- Socioeconomic variation in the incidence of childhood coeliac disease in the UKFabiana Zingone
Division of Epidemiology and Public Health, City Hospital Campus, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK Department of Medicine and Surgery, University of Salerno, Salerno, Italy
Arch Dis Child 100:466-73. 2015..Serological studies indicate that evidence of coeliac disease (CD) exists in about 1% of all children, but we lack estimates of current diagnostic patterns among children and how they vary by socioeconomic group...
- New onset of constipation during long-term physical inactivity: a proof-of-concept study on the immobility-induced bowel changesPaola Iovino
Department of Medicine and Surgery, University of Salerno, Salerno, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e72608. 2013..The pathophysiological mechanisms underlining constipation are incompletely understood, but prolonged bed rest is commonly considered a relevant determinant...
- Assessment of proximal gastric accommodation in patients with functional dyspepsiaPaola Iovino
Paola Iovino, Carolina Ciacci, Gastrointestinal Unit, Department of Medicine and Surgery, University of Salerno, 84081 Salerno, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 19:9137-8. 2013..Therefore, impaired gastric accommodation does not serve as a clear marker of the cardinal symptoms experienced by patients with functional dyspepsia in daily life. ..
- Optimal bowel cleansing for colonoscopy: split the dose! A series of meta-analyses of controlled studiesCristina Bucci
Gastroenterology, University of Salerno, Italy Gastroenterology and Endoscopy Unit, L Curto Hospital, Polla Salerno, Italy
Gastrointest Endosc 80:566-576.e2. 2014..Colonoscopy is considered the criterion standard for detecting colorectal cancer; adequate preparation is crucial for an effective colonoscopy, but definitive data on the optimal preparation are lacking...
- Difficult diagnosis of celiac disease: diagnostic accuracy and utility of chromo-zoom endoscopyPaola Iovino
Gastrointestinal Unit, Department of Medicine and Surgery, University of Salerno, Salerno, Italy
Gastrointest Endosc 77:233-40. 2013..Chromo-zoom endoscopy has been demonstrated to be valuable in assessing the degree of intestinal villous atrophy in patients with suspected celiac disease...
- Celiac disease: Alternatives to a gluten free dietFabiana Zingone
Fabiana Zingone, Pietro Capone, Carolina Ciacci, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Federico II University, 80131 Naples, Italy
World J Gastrointest Pharmacol Ther 1:36-9. 2010..However, recent understanding of the molecular basis for this disorder has improved and enabled the identification of targets for new therapies. This article aims to critically summarize these recent studies...
- Allergy prevalence in adult celiac diseaseCarolina Ciacci
Gastrointestinal Unit, Federico II University of Naples, Via Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
J Allergy Clin Immunol 113:1199-203. 2004..The matter of possible coexistence of T(H)1- and T(H)2-type diseases is still debated...