- A phase-II trial of all trans retinoic acid and low-dose cytosine arabinoside for the treatment of high-risk myelodysplastic syndromesA Venditti
Hematology, University o Tor Vergata, St Eugenio Hospital, Rome, Italy
Ann Hematol 79:138-42. 2000..Optimizing this approach might be pursued by selecting, on a biological basis, those cases more likely to respond or by incorporating other differentiating agents or growth factors...
- Level of minimal residual disease after consolidation therapy predicts outcome in acute myeloid leukemiaA Venditti
Cattedra di Ematologia, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, Divisione di Ematologia, Rome, Italy
Blood 96:3948-52. 2000..5 x 10(-4) cells or higher at the end of consolidation strongly predicts relapse and is significantly associated with an MDR1 phenotype and intermediate or unfavorable cytogenetic findings. (Blood. 2000;96:3948-3952)..
- Pretransplant minimal residual disease level predicts clinical outcome in patients with acute myeloid leukemia receiving high-dose chemotherapy and autologous stem cell transplantationA Venditti
Cattedra di Ematologia, Divisione di Ematologia, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Leukemia 17:2178-82. 2003....
- The kinetics of reduction of minimal residual disease impacts on duration of response and survival of patients with acute myeloid leukemiaF Buccisano
Department of Biopatologia e Diagnostica per Immagini, Policlinico Tor Vergata and Ospedale S Eugenio, Rome, Italy
Leukemia 20:1783-9. 2006..001, for all comparisons). In conclusion: (1) the threshold of 3.5 x 10(-4) is valid in discriminating risk categories in adult AML and (2) post-Cons MRD assessment is critical to predict disease outcome...
- Minimally differentiated acute myeloid leukaemia (AML-M0): cytochemical, immunophenotypic and cytogenetic analysis of 19 casesA Venditti
Cattedra di Ematologia, Ospedale S Eugenio, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, Italy
Br J Haematol 88:784-93. 1994..No cases of (t9;22), Ph chromosome were observed. Interestingly three out of five patients with faint alpha NBE/alpha ANAE positivity relapsed as typical M4 (one case) or M5a (two cases)...
- Feasibility of peripheral blood stem cell rescue as intensification in elderly patients with acute myelocytic leukaemia: a pilot study from the Gimema Group. Gruppo Italiano Malattie Ematologiche Maligne Dell'AdultoM Montillo
Divisione di Ematologia, Ospedale Niguarda Ca Granda, Milan, Italy
Br J Haematol 111:334-7. 2000..Psychosocial problems impaired treatment of some patients on an out-patient basis. Resistant disease, toxicity and logistic problems reduced the number of patients to whom this procedure could actually be applied...
- Quantitative analysis of Fas and bcl-2 expression in hematopoietic precursorsL Maurillo
Cattedra di Ematologia, Universita Tor Vergata, Divisione di Ematologia, Ospedale S Eugenio, Piazzale Umanesimo 10, 00144 Rome, Italy
Haematologica 86:237-43. 2001..The expression of bcl-2 and Fas was then compared with that of other markers usually associated with immaturity; functional tests using the agonistic antibody anti- Fas CH11 were also carried out...
- Deregulation of the mitochondrial apoptotic machinery and development of molecular targeted drugs in acute myeloid leukemiaG Del Poeta
Cattedra di Ematologia, Universita Tor Vergata, Ospedale S Eugenio, P le Umanesimo, 10, 00144 Roma, Italy
Curr Cancer Drug Targets 8:207-22. 2008..The elucidation of the apoptotic machinery and of its defects in AML lays the basis for developing new drugs able to trigger apoptosis and overcome therapy resistance...
- O6-(4-bromothenyl)guanine (PaTrin-2), a novel inhibitor of O6-alkylguanine DNA alkyl-transferase, increases the inhibitory activity of temozolomide against human acute leukaemia cells in vitroM Turriziani
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Rome Tor Vergata, School of Medicine, Via Montpellier 1, Rome, Italy
Pharmacol Res 53:317-23. 2006..In conclusion, these results appear to provide disease-oriented rational basis to design novel clinical protocols for the treatment of acute leukaemia with combined administration of PAT and triazene compounds...
- Acute megakaryoblastic leukemia: experience of GIMEMA trialsL Pagano
Cattedra di Ematologia, Universita Cattolica S Cuore, Roma, Italy
Leukemia 16:1622-6. 2002..Furthermore, a high number of deaths in CR were observed. On the basis of these data, a specific therapeutic approach, possibly with innovative treatments, should be evaluated...
- Venetoclax: Bcl-2 inhibition for the treatment of chronic lymphocytic leukemiaG Del Poeta
Hematology, Dipartimento di Biomedicina e Prevenzione, Universit à degli Studi di Roma Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Drugs Today (Barc) 52:249-60. 2016....
- Mini-extracorporeal circulation minimizes coagulation abnormalities and ameliorates pulmonary outcome in coronary artery bypass grafting surgeryJ Zeitani
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Tor Vergata University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Perfusion 28:298-305. 2013..001 for all comparisons). Our study suggests that MECC induces less coagulation disorders, leading to lower postoperative blood loss and better postoperative lung function. This approach may be advantageous in high-risk patients...
- Fulminant B hepatitis in a surface antigen-negative patient with B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukaemia after rituximab therapyP Niscola
Leukemia 19:1840-1. 2005
- Nanomolar level of resveratrol (trans-3,5,4'-trihydroxystilbene) is required, but is not sufficient, to inhibit the growth of human monocytoid tumor cells through an apoptotic-like mechanismM M Corsi
Clinical Pathology Laboratory, Institute of General Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Drugs Exp Clin Res 28:235-42. 2002..It is also suggested that the synergistic action of other wine components with resveratrol might, at least partially, explain its chemopreventive activity...