- Percutaneous US-guided thermal ablation of a lung metastasisAndrea Veltri
Istituto di Radiologia Diagnostica e Interventistica, Universita degli Studi di Torino, Torino, Italy
Radiol Med 105:237-42. 2003
- Percutaneous US-guided RF thermal ablation for malignant renal tumors: preliminary results in 13 patientsAndrea Veltri
Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University of Turin, Via Genova 3, 10126 Turin, Italy
Eur Radiol 14:2303-10. 2004..Based on the results of this study and of the literature, mid-term results on the clinical usefulness are very encouraging...
- Radiofrequency thermal ablation (RFA) after transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) as a combined therapy for unresectable non-early hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)Andrea Veltri
Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University of Turin, Via Genova 3, 10126, Torino, Italy
Eur Radiol 16:661-9. 2006..Its overall usefulness has yet to be established by a larger series and risk-benefit analysis...
- Experiences in US-guided percutaneous radiofrequency ablation of 44 renal tumors in 31 patients: analysis of predictors for complications and technical successAndrea Veltri
Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University of Turin, Via Genova 3, Turin 10126, Italy
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 29:811-8. 2006..Our objective was to statistically evaluate our mid-term results of percutaneous US-guided RFA in order to define predictors for complications and technical success...
- Percutaneous RF thermal ablation of renal tumors: is US guidance really less favorable than other imaging guidance techniques?Andrea Veltri
Institute of Radiology, University of Turin, ASO S Luigi Gonzaga, Orbassano, TO, Italy
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 32:76-85. 2009..Thus the interventional radiologist can choose his or her preferred technique taking into account personal experience and available equipment...
- Revisiting nephrocalcinosis: A single-centre perspective. A northern Italian experienceGiorgina Barbara Piccoli
SS Nephrology, ASOU San Luigi, Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
Nephrology (Carlton) 21:97-107. 2016..The aim of this study is to report the prevalence and main clinical features of nephrocalcinosis diagnosed in a newly opened nephrology outpatient unit...
- Apparent diffusion coefficient measurements in diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging of the anterior mediastinum: inter-observer reproducibility of five different methods of region-of-interest positioningAdriano Massimiliano Priola
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, San Luigi Gonzaga University Hospital, Regione Gonzole 10, 10043, Orbassano, Torino, Italy
Eur Radiol . 2016..To investigate inter-reader reproducibility of five different region-of-interest (ROI) protocols for apparent diffusion coefficient (ADC) measurements in the anterior mediastinum...
- Radiofrequency thermal ablation of small tumors in transplanted kidneys: an evolving nephron-sparing optionAndrea Veltri
Institute of Radiology, University of Turin, Torino, Italy
J Vasc Interv Radiol 20:674-9. 2009..RF ablation can be considered a safe, function-preserving, and effective evolving therapeutic option for small tumors in transplanted kidneys...
- T1a as the sole selection criterion for RFA of renal masses: randomized controlled trials versus surgery should not be postponedAndrea Veltri
Department of Oncology, University of Turin, Regione Gonzole 10, 10043, Orbassano, TO, Italy
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 37:1292-8. 2014..To evaluate the long-term effects of radiofrequency ablation (RFA) of renal masses (RM) and compare them with surgery...
- Tailoring dialysis and resuming low-protein diets may favor chronic dialysis discontinuation: report on three casesGiorgina Barbara Piccoli
SS Nephrology ASOU san Luigi, Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
Hemodial Int 18:590-5. 2014..Within the limits of small numbers, our case series may suggest a role for personalized dialysis treatments and for including low-protein diets in the therapy, in enhancing long-term RFR in elderly dialysis patients. ..
- Clinical implications and added costs of incidental findings in an early detection study of lung cancer by using low-dose spiral computed tomographyAdriano M Priola
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, San Luigi Gonzaga University Hospital, Orbassano, Torino, Italy
Clin Lung Cancer 14:139-48. 2013....
- Long-term follow-up of ultrasound-guided botulinum toxin-A injections for sialorrhea in neurological dysphagiaPierangelo Barbero
Clinical and Biological Sciences Department, Neurology Unit, University of Torino, San Luigi Gonzaga Hospital, Orbassano, Torino, Italy
J Neurol 262:2662-7. 2015..These results should encourage the use of BoNT-A in the treatment of severe sialorrhea and highlight the role of ultrasound guidance to obtain optimal results in terms of safety and reproducible outcomes. ..
- The imaging spectrum of pulmonary tuberculosisLuciano Cardinale
San Luigi Hospital, University of Turin, Orbassano, Italy
Acta Radiol 56:557-64. 2015..Furthermore, we consider the emerging role of alternative methods of imaging, such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), that can be helpful and highly accurate for a better definition of some signs of tuberculosis...
- Diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging: new perspectives in the diagnostic pathway of non-complicated acute pyelonephritisAgostino De Pascale
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, San Luigi Gonzaga Hospital, University of Torino, Orbassano, Torino, Italy
Eur Radiol 23:3077-86. 2013..Diffusion-weighted (DW) MRI might be useful, quicker and cheaper than the standard gadolinium-enhanced (GE) MRI. The aim of this study is to compare DW-MRI with GE-MRI to test its diagnostic accuracy in APN...
- Early response to chemotherapy in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer assessed by [18F]-fluoro-deoxy-D-glucose positron emission tomography and computed tomographySilvia Novello
Department of Oncology, University of Turin, AOU San Luigi Orbassano TO, Italy
Clin Lung Cancer 14:230-7. 2013....
- Radiofrequency ablation versus ethanol injection for early hepatocellular carcinoma: A randomized controlled trialFranco Brunello
Divisione di Gastro Epatologia, Ospedale San Giovanni Battista di Torino, Turin, Italy
Scand J Gastroenterol 43:727-35. 2008....