- Potential costs and effects of the National Service Framework for Coronary Heart Disease in the UKVenanzio Vella
Department of Health, Italian Cooperation, Pietermaritzburg, Republic of South Africa
Pharmacoeconomics 21:49-60. 2003..To estimate the costs and effect of implementing the National Service Framework for Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) in the UK...
- Goitre decline in Italy and contribution of the silent and active prophylaxisVenanzio Vella
Epidemiology Unit, Department of Health, Natalia Building, South Tower, 330 LongMarket Street, Pietermaritzburg, 3200, South Africa
Br J Nutr 94:818-24. 2005..AP is about three times faster than SP in increasing iodine intake, but policy-makers should estimate the incremental cost-effectiveness of AP net of the iodine increase already occurring naturally with the SP...
- Retrospective study on the critical factors for retaining patients on antiretroviral therapy in KwaZulu-Natal, South AfricaVenanzio Vella
Department of Health, Italian Cooperation, Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 55:109-16. 2010..To analyze the critical factors favoring the retention of patients under antiretroviral therapy (ART) in KwaZulu-Natal (KZN), South Africa...
- Cost-effectiveness of staff and workload profiles in retaining patients on antiretroviral therapy in KwaZulu-Natal, South AfricaVenanzio Vella
Italian Cooperation, Department of Health, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
AIDS Care 23:1146-53. 2011..There is paucity of information on the cost-effectiveness of delivery strategies to retain patients on antiretroviral therapy (ART) and this study tries to fill this gap...
- Household contact investigation of multidrug-resistant and extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis in a high HIV prevalence settingV Vella
Italian Cooperation, Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 15:1170-5, i. 2011..Epidemiological data suggest nosocomial transmission as the primary route of spread; however, transmission among household contacts has not yet been investigated...