Affiliation: University of Palermo
- Risk of classical Kaposi sarcoma by plasma levels of Epstein-Barr virus antibodies, sCD26, sCD23 and sCD30Colleen Pelser
Infections and Immunoepidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Infect Agent Cancer 5:18. 2010..To clarify the immunological alterations leading to classical Kaposi sarcoma (cKS) among people infected with KS-associated herpesvirus (KSHV)...
- Immunization status of internationally adopted children in ItalyEnza Viviano
Department of Hygiene and Microbiology, University of Palermo, via del Vespro 133, 90127 Palermo, Italy
Vaccine 24:4138-43. 2006....
- Human herpesvirus 8 seroprevalence among internationally adopted children coming from Eastern EuropeEnza Viviano
Department of Science for Health Promotion, Hygiene Section, University of Palermo, Italy
New Microbiol 32:11-5. 2009....
- Penile, urethral, and seminal sampling for diagnosis of human papillomavirus infection in menLucia Giovannelli
Dipartimento di Igiene e Microbiologia, Universita di Palermo, Palermo, Italy
J Clin Microbiol 45:248-51. 2007..9%, 50.0%, 33.3%, 100%, and 97.2%, respectively. The use of PB and UB appears to be the most accurate method; as an alternative to UB, the use of SE with PB could be used to improve the rate of HPV DNA detection in men...
- Differences in Kaposi sarcoma-associated herpesvirus-specific and herpesvirus-non-specific immune responses in classic Kaposi sarcoma cases and matched controls in SicilyEmanuele Amodio
Department of Sciences for Health Promotion G D Alessandro, Section of Hygiene, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
Cancer Sci 102:1769-73. 2011..04) per KSHV response. The CMV/EBV Elispot responses were irrelevant. Deficiency of both KSHV-specific and KSHV-non-specific immunity is associated with classic KS. This might clarify why Kaposi sarcoma responds to immune reconstitution...
- Human papillomavirus is commonly present in psoriatic skin and normal skin samples from healthy subjectsEnza Viviano
J Dermatol Sci 45:141-3. 2007