Affiliation: University of Brescia
- Catechol-O-methyltransferase Val158Met polymorphism in schizophrenia: associations with cognitive and motor impairmentSilvana Galderisi
Department of Psychiatry, University of Naples SUN, Naples, Italy
Neuropsychobiology 52:83-9. 2005..These results support the hypothesis that the COMT Val(158)Met polymorphism influences executive functions in schizophrenia and the neuromotor performance in the deficit subtype only...
- Violence and schizophrenia: commentaryAntonio Vita
Schizophr Res 94:377-8; author reply 379. 2007
- The Effect of Antipsychotic Treatment on Cortical Gray Matter Changes in Schizophrenia: Does the Class Matter? A Meta-analysis and Meta-regression of Longitudinal Magnetic Resonance Imaging StudiesAntonio Vita
University of Brescia, School of Medicine Department of Mental Health, Spedali Civili Hospital, Brescia, Italy Electronic address
Biol Psychiatry 78:403-12. 2015..The aim of this study was to determine the role of potential moderators of such changes, in particular of the amount and type of antipsychotic medication intake...
- Predictors of cognitive and functional improvement and normalization after cognitive remediation in patients with schizophreniaAntonio Vita
Department of Clinical and Experimental Sciences, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy Department of Psychiatry, Spedali Civili Hospital, Brescia, Italy Electronic address
Schizophr Res 150:51-7. 2013....
- Progressive loss of cortical gray matter in schizophrenia: a meta-analysis and meta-regression of longitudinal MRI studiesA Vita
School of Medicine, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
Transl Psychiatry 2:e190. 2012....
- Factors related to different reasons for antipsychotic drug discontinuation in the treatment of schizophrenia: a naturalistic 18-month follow-up studyAntonio Vita
Department of Psychiatry, Spedali Civili Hospital, Brescia, Italy University of Brescia, School of Medicine, Brescia, Italy
Psychiatry Res 200:96-101. 2012..Some of these factors, such as the frequency of visits to the care unit, underline the need to take into account the role of the care delivery system as potentially influencing the effectiveness of antipsychotics in the "real world"...
- Effectiveness of different modalities of cognitive remediation on symptomatological, neuropsychological, and functional outcome domains in schizophrenia: a prospective study in a real-world settingAntonio Vita
University of Brescia, School of Medicine, Brescia, Italy
Schizophr Res 133:223-31. 2011....
- Gray matter, white matter, brain, and intracranial volumes in first-episode bipolar disorder: a meta-analysis of magnetic resonance imaging studiesAntonio Vita
University of Brescia I, School of Medicine, Brescia, Italy
Bipolar Disord 11:807-14. 2009..To perform a comprehensive quantitative analysis of the existing magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) studies of the brain conducted on patients with first-episode bipolar disorder (BD)...
- The effects of antipsychotic treatment on cerebral structure and function in schizophreniaAntonio Vita
Psychiatric Unit, Department of Mental Health, Spedali Civili, University of Brescia, Italy
Int Rev Psychiatry 19:429-36. 2007....
- Interview-based assessment of cognition in schizophrenia: applicability of the Schizophrenia Cognition Rating Scale (SCoRS) in different phases of illness and settings of careAntonio Vita
University of Brescia, School of Medicine, Brescia, Italy Department of Mental Health, Spedali Civili Hospital, Brescia, Italy
Schizophr Res 146:217-23. 2013..The Schizophrenia Cognition Rating Scale (SCoRS), an interview-based assessment of cognition, has proved to be a valid measure of cognitive performance in patients with schizophrenia...
- Cognitive remediation in the early course of schizophrenia: a critical reviewStefano Barlati
Department of Psychiatry, Spedali Civili Hospital, Brescia, Italy
Curr Pharm Des 18:534-41. 2012....
- Patterns of structural MRI abnormalities in deficit and nondeficit schizophreniaSilvana Galderisi
Department of Psychiatry, University of Naples SUN, Largo Madonna delle Grazie, 80138 Naples, Italy
Schizophr Bull 34:393-401. 2008..These findings do not support the hypothesis that DS is the extreme end of a severity continuum within schizophrenia...
- Characterization of premorbid functioning during childhood in patients with deficit vs. non-deficit schizophrenia and in their healthy siblingsPaola Bucci
Department of Psychiatry, University of Naples SUN, Italy
Schizophr Res 174:172-6. 2016..These findings support the hypothesis that DS has a different developmental trajectory with respect to NDS, and that premorbid adjustment is one of the essential aspects of its characterization. ..
- Feasibility and effectiveness of cognitive remediation in the treatment of borderline personality disorderAntonio Vita
a Department of Clinical and Experimental Sciences, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
Neuropsychol Rehabil . 2016..The findings of this pilot study suggest the feasibility and potential effectiveness on specific cognitive domains, but modest clinical usefulness of a computerised modality of cognitive remediation in the treatment of BPD...
- Persistence of effectiveness of cognitive remediation interventions in schizophrenia: a 1-year follow-up studyGiacomo Deste
Department of Mental Health, Spedali Civili Hospital, Brescia, Italy
Schizophr Res 161:403-6. 2015..This study aimed to investigate the 1-year persistence of the effectiveness of cognitive remediation...
- Brain structural abnormalities at the onset of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder: a meta-analysis of controlled magnetic resonance imaging studiesLuca De Peri
University of Brescia I School of Medicine, Brescia, Italy
Curr Pharm Des 18:486-94. 2012..The common vs specific trajectories of brain pathomorphology in schizophrenia and bipolar disorder are discussed...
- Does cognitive remediation modify the use of psychiatric services and the patterns of care of patients with schizophrenia?Antonio Vita
Department of Mental Health, Spedali Civili Hospital, Brescia, Italy University of Brescia, School of Medicine, Brescia, Italy Electronic address
Schizophr Res 175:85-9. 2016..CR may modify the use of psychiatric services and the patterns of care of patients with schizophrenia. ..
- Efficacy and tolerability of asenapine for acute mania in bipolar I disorder: meta-analyses of randomized-controlled trialsAntonio Vita
Department of Clinical and Experimental Sciences, Neuroscience Section, University of Brescia, Italy
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 28:219-27. 2013..On the basis of these results, asenapine can be considered as an effective and tolerable treatment for manic and mixed episodes of BD. ..
- Effects of cognitive remediation therapy on neurocognition and negative symptoms in schizophrenia: an Italian naturalistic studyMariangela Lanfredi
a Unit of Psychiatry, IRCCS Istituto Centro San Giovanni di Dio Fatebenefratelli, Brescia, Italy
Cogn Neuropsychiatry . 2016..The current study aimed to investigate whether cognitive gains were associated to improvements in negative symptoms' severity in patients with schizophrenia living in two Italian psychiatric facilities...
- Antipsychotics, antidepressants, anticonvulsants, and placebo on the symptom dimensions of borderline personality disorder: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled and open-label trialsAntonio Vita
School of Medicine, University of Brescia, Italy
J Clin Psychopharmacol 31:613-24. 2011....
- Pathways to functional outcome in subjects with schizophrenia living in the community and their unaffected first-degree relativesSilvana Galderisi
Department of Psychiatry, University of Naples SUN, Largo Madonna delle Grazie, 80138 Naples, Italy Electronic address
Schizophr Res 175:154-60. 2016..The present multicenter study aimed to explore whether variables associated with real-life functioning are similar in schizophrenia patients and their unaffected relatives...
- Lithium in drinking water and suicide prevention: a review of the evidenceAntonio Vita
aDepartment of Clinical and Experimental Sciences, University of Brescia bDepartment of Mental Health, Spedali Civili Hospital, Brescia, Italy
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 30:1-5. 2015..We have systematically reviewed all the articles published on this issue to date. The available literature indicates that higher lithium levels in drinking water may be associated with reduced risk of suicide in the general population. ..
- Historical, psychopathological, neurological, and neuropsychological aspects of deficit schizophrenia: a multicenter studySilvana Galderisi
University of Naples Department of Psychiatry, Italy
Am J Psychiatry 159:983-90. 2002....
- COMT Val(158)Met and BDNF C(270)T polymorphisms in schizophrenia: a case-control studySilvana Galderisi
Department of Psychiatry, University of Naples SUN, Largo Madonna delle Grazie 1, 80138 Naples, Italy
Schizophr Res 73:27-30. 2005..These results do not support the hypothesis that the COMT Val(158)Met or BDNF C(270)T gene polymorphisms are associated with liability to schizophrenia...
- Tools for measuring clinical effectivenessDieter Naber
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 14:S435-44. 2004..If this approach to evaluating treatment outcomes is adopted, clinicians will be better placed to differentiate therapeutic interventions on the basis of clinical effectiveness...
- Aripiprazole in the treatment of schizophrenia: a consensus report produced by schizophrenia experts in ItalyGiovan B Cassano
Universita di Pisa, Casa di Cura S Rossore Viale delle Cascine, Pisa, Italy
Clin Drug Investig 27:1-13. 2007..Switching to aripiprazole from maintenance therapy with another antipsychotic also works well, provided the change is made gradually, involving tapering of the original medication...
- Assessment of clinical and metabolic status, and subjective well-being, in schizophrenic patients switched from typical and atypical antipsychotics to ziprasidoneAlessandro Rossi
Section of Neurosciences, Department of Experimental Medicine, University of L Aquila, L Aquila, Italy
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 23:216-22. 2008..In addition, mean body weight significantly decreased from baseline (P<0.0001). A favorable profile for ziprasidone was found with regard to improved subjective tolerability, quality of life, and medication adherence behavior...
- A genome-wide scan for linkage to chromosomal regions in 382 sibling pairs with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorderLynn E DeLisi
Department of Psychiatry, New York University, New York, NY 10016, USA
Am J Psychiatry 159:803-12. 2002..Since schizophrenia is a complex disorder, a study with sufficient power to detect a locus with a small or moderate gene effect is necessary...