Affiliation: University of L'Aquila
- Validation of the Italian version of the Screening Questionnaire for Disaster Mental Health (SQD) in a post-earthquake urban environmentMarco Valenti
Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche Applicate, Universita dell Aquila, L Aquila, Italy
Ann Ist Super Sanita 49:79-85. 2013....
- Adaptive response of children and adolescents with autism to the 2009 earthquake in L'Aquila, ItalyMarco Valenti
Department of Medicine and Public Health, University of L Aquila, Coppito Hospital Building Delta 6, 67100 L Aquila, Italy
J Autism Dev Disord 42:954-60. 2012..01 for all VABS dimensions). However, immediate intensive post-disaster intervention allowed children and adolescents with autism showing a trend towards partial recovery of adaptive functioning...
- Physical exercise and quality of life in breast cancer survivorsMarco Valenti
Biostatistics, Epidemiology Unit, Faculty of Movement, Sport Science, Department of Medicine, Public Health, University of L Aquila L Aquila, Italy
Int J Med Sci 5:24-8. 2008..Need clearly results for inclusion of physical activity programs in comprehensive, complementary treatment regimes for breast cancer patients in Italian oncology departments...
- Intensive intervention for children and adolescents with autism in a community setting in Italy: a single-group longitudinal studyMarco Valenti
Department of Medicine and Public Health, University of L Aquila, Italy
Child Adolesc Psychiatry Ment Health 4:23. 2010....
- Focus on coal power station installations and population healthMarco Valenti
Dipartimento Medicina e Sanità Pubblica, Universita degli Studi dell Aquila, Italy
Ann Ist Super Sanita 47:305-9. 2011....
- Assessment and treatment of symptoms among Italian medical oncologistsGiampiero Porzio
Medical Oncology Department, Supportive Care Task Force, University of L Aquila, L Aquila, Italy
Support Care Cancer 13:865-9. 2005..This work was conducted to evaluate symptoms assessment and use of patient-tailored protocols in clinical practice among Italian medical oncologists...
- A longitudinal study of quality of life of earthquake survivors in L'Aquila, ItalyMarco Valenti
Department of Applied Clinical Sciences and Biotechnology, Section of Clinical Epidemiology and Environmental Medicine, University of L Aquila, Via Vetoio, Coppito 2, 67100 L Aquila, Italy
BMC Public Health 13:1143. 2013..The aim of this study was to estimate QOL changes over an 18-month period in an adult population sample after the L'Aquila 2009 earthquake...
- Pain evaluation and management: a survey of Italian radiotherapistsGiampiero Porzio
Supportive Care and Rehabilitation Unit, Medical Oncology Department, University of L Aquila, L Aquila, Italy
Support Care Cancer 13:215-8. 2005..The objective of this study was to assess the knowledge possessed and the attitudes held by Italian radiotherapists regarding evaluation and treatment of pain...
- Two systems for empathy in obsessive-compulsive disorder: mentalizing and experience sharingMaria C Pino
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica, Sanita Pubblica, Scienze della Vita e dell Ambiente, Universita degli Studi dell Aquila, L Aquila, Italy
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 38:307-313. 2016..Previous studies have proposed specific emotion recognition deficits in patients with OCD. The ability to recognize emotion is part of the broad construct of empathy that incorporates mentalizing and experience-sharing dimensions...
- Understanding criminal behavior: Empathic impairment in criminal offendersMelania Mariano
a Department of Applied Clinical Sciences and Biotechnology, Section of Clinical Epidemiology and Environmental Medicine, University of L Aquila, L Aquila, Italy
Soc Neurosci . 2016..Taken together, our results suggest that criminal subjects are able to judge and recognize other people's behavior as right or wrong in a social context, but they are not able to recognize and share the suffering of other people...
- Olfactory deficit and hippocampal volume loss for early diagnosis of Alzheimer disease: a pilot studyVincenzo Marigliano
Departments of Aging Science Radiology, Umberto I Hospital, Sapienza, University of Rome, Rome Departments of Applied Sciences, ENT Applied Sciences, Section of Clinical Epidemiology, University of L Aquila, L Aquila, Italy
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 28:194-7. 2014..The aim of this pilot study was to verify the role of olfactory test and volumetric magnetic resonance imaging measure of hippocampus to predict conversion from mild cognitive impairment to Alzheimer disease (AD)...
- Mental health in L'Aquila after the earthquakePaolo Stratta
Centro di Salute Mentale, Azienda Sanitaria Locale 1, L Aquila, Italy
Ann Ist Super Sanita 48:132-7. 2012..In the present work we describe the mental health condition of L'Aquila population in the aftermath of the earthquake in terms of structural, process and outcome perspectives...
- The interaction between body position and vibration frequency on acute response to whole body vibrationRiccardo Di Giminiani
Faculty of Sport Sciences, University of L Aquila, Italy
J Electromyogr Kinesiol 23:245-51. 2013..The present study was designed to investigate the electromyographic (EMG) response in leg muscles to whole-body vibration while using different body positions and vibration frequencies...
- Endothelium/nitric oxide mechanism mediates vasorelaxation and counteracts vasoconstriction induced by low concentration of flavanolsAnnalisa Aggio
Department of Internal Medicine and Public Health, University of L Aquila, Viale S Salvatore, Delta 6 Medicina, 67100, Coppito, AQ, Italy
Eur J Nutr 52:263-72. 2013..The aim of our study was to investigate the effects of two flavanols at different doses on arterial functional state...
- Thoracic stop-flow perfusion in the treatment of refractory malignant pleural mesothelioma: a phase I-II evaluation/trialStefano Guadagni
Department of Surgical Sciences, University of L Aquila, Italy
In Vivo 20:715-8. 2006..4%. Our data show that TSP is a relatively effective second-line treatment in patients with progressive disease after systemic chemotherapy, with a low rate of major complications and treatment-related toxicity...