Maria G Torcia
Affiliation: University of Florence
- Sex differences in the response to viral infections: TLR8 and TLR9 ligand stimulation induce higher IL10 production in malesMaria Gabriella Torcia
Department of Clinical Physiopathology, University of Firenze, Firenze, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e39853. 2012..We investigated whether this variability could be in part attributable to differences in the response to the Toll-Like Receptors (TLR) more involved in the virus recognition...
- Haematological parameters, natural regulatory CD4 + CD25 + FOXP3+ T cells and γδ T cells among two sympatric ethnic groups having different susceptibility to malaria in Burkina FasoGuillaume S Sanou
Centre National de Recherche et de Formation sur le Paludisme, Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
BMC Res Notes 5:76. 2012..abstract:..
- Interferon-alpha-induced inhibition of B16 melanoma cell proliferation: interference with the bFGF autocrine growth circuitM Torcia
Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 262:838-44. 1999..Thus, the molecular mechanisms of IFN-alpha activity on melanoma cells include a specific modulation of the bFGF autocrine circuit...
- Nerve growth factor inhibits apoptosis in memory B lymphocytes via inactivation of p38 MAPK, prevention of Bcl-2 phosphorylation, and cytochrome c releaseM Torcia
Department of Experimental Medicine and Internal Medicine, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Via di Tor Vergata 135, Rome I 00133, Italy
J Biol Chem 276:39027-36. 2001..These data demonstrate that the molecular mechanisms underlying the survival factor function of NGF critically rely upon the continuous inactivation of p38 MAPK, a Bcl-2-modifying enzyme...
- Functional deficit of T regulatory cells in Fulani, an ethnic group with low susceptibility to Plasmodium falciparum malariaMaria G Torcia
Department of Clinical Physiopathology, University of Firenze, Viale Pieraccini 6, 50139 Firenze, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:646-51. 2008..The results suggest that the higher resistance to malaria of the Fulani could derive from a functional deficit of T regulatory cells...
- DC-ATLAS: a systems biology resource to dissect receptor specific signal transduction in dendritic cellsDuccio Cavalieri
Department of Pharmacology, University of Firenze, Firenze, Italy
Immunome Res 6:10. 2010..Here, we present DC-ATLAS, a novel and versatile resource for the interpretation of high-throughput data generated perturbing the signaling network of dendritic cells (DCs)...
- Androgen receptor expression induces FGF2, FGF-binding protein production, and FGF2 release in prostate carcinoma cells: role of FGF2 in growth, survival, and androgen receptor down-modulationPaolo Rosini
Department of Clinical Physiopathology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Prostate 53:310-21. 2002..In this study, we investigated the alterations in FGF2 production and utilization by the PC3 cell line, after transfection with a full-length AR...