- Funding Medical Research Projects: Taking into Account Referees' Severity and Consistency through Many-Faceted Rasch Modeling of Projects' Scores
Luigi Tesio, Department of Neurorehabilitation Sciences, Istituto Auxologico Italiano, IRCCS, Via Giuseppe Mercalli 32, 20122 Milano, Italy
J Appl Meas 16:129-52. 2015
..In repeated assessment exercises it can help the selection of reliable referees. Their severity can be steadily calibrated, thus obviating the need to connect them with other referees assessing the same projects. ..
- The subjective visual vertical: validation of a simple test
Department of Human Physiology, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Italy
Int J Rehabil Res 34:307-15. 2011
..All three patients presented with a significant clockwise dE. This simple test appears to be valid for the routine assessment of spatial disorders in neurological impairments...
- Outcome measurement in behavioural sciences: a view on how to shift attention from means to individuals and why
Department of Human Physiology, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Int J Rehabil Res 35:1-12. 2012
..Individuals who show changes beyond the MRD can be reliably considered as changed. A numerical example of an MRD calculation is shown, and the pros and cons of the mean change and the MRD approach are discussed...
- The 3D trajectory of the body centre of mass during adult human walking: evidence for a speed-curvature power law
Universita degli Studi di Milano, Department of Human Physiology and Chair of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine, Milan, Italy
J Biomech 44:732-40. 2011
..Results need confirmation through more appropriate 3D PL modelling...
- The 3D path of body centre of mass during adult human walking on force treadmill
Department of Human Physiology and Chair of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
J Biomech 43:938-44. 2010
..The familiar inverted pendulum model might be expanded to gyroscopic, "spin-and-turn" models. Abnormalities of the 3D path might flag motor impairments and recovery...
- Rehabilitation and outcome measurement: where is Rasch analysis-going?
Chair of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Eura Medicophys 43:417-26. 2007
..Results point towards a privileged application of Rasch analysis to build and refine questionnaires, rather than to actually measuring people. Commentaries and suggestions are invited...
- Functional assessment in rehabilitative medicine: principles and methods
Department of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Eura Medicophys 43:515-23. 2007
..Thanks to better measurement of variability in persons within rehabilitative medicine, functional assessment can become increasingly more valid and informative...
- A multicenter international study on the Spinal Cord Independence Measure, version III: Rasch psychometric validation
Spinal Department, Loewenstein Rehabilitation Hospital, Raanana, Israel
Spinal Cord 45:275-91. 2007
..A third version of the Spinal Cord Independence Measure (SCIM III), made up of three subscales, was formulated following comments by experts from several countries and Rasch analysis performed on the previous version...
- The use of outcome measures in physical medicine and rehabilitation within Europe
Rheumatology and Rehabilitation Research Unit, Research School of Medicine, University of Leeds, UK
J Rehabil Med 33:273-8. 2001
..For rehabilitation of orthopaedic patients the majority of assessments undertaken are at the impairment level. For patients with neurological disorders the emphasis is mostly upon measures of disability...