Affiliation: University of Milan
- Relationship between thyroid hormones, resting energy expenditure and cardiometabolic risk factors in euthyroid subjectsAngela Spadafranca
International Center for the Assessment of Nutritional Status ICANS, University of Milan, Italy Electronic address
Clin Nutr 34:674-8. 2015..The primary aim was to test whether REE and TSH are associated in euthyroid subjects. The second aim was to evaluate the association between TSH and cholesterol, HDL-cholesterol, triglycerides, glucose and blood pressure...
- Relevance of Mediterranean diet and glucose metabolism for nephrolithiasis in obese subjectsLaura Soldati
Department of Health Sciences, University of Milan, Milano, Italy
J Transl Med 12:34. 2014..This may be supported by higher calcium, urate, oxalate excretion in obese stone formers. Except these parameters, clinical characteristics of obese stone formers were not extensively explored...
- Phaseolus vulgaris extract affects glycometabolic and appetite control in healthy human subjectsAngela Spadafranca
Department of Food, Environmental and Nutritional Sciences, International Center for the Assessment of Nutritional Status, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via Celoria 2, 20133 Milan, Italy
Br J Nutr 109:1789-95. 2013..These results support that further studies are needed to prove the concept of employing PVE as a supplement in mixed balanced meals in obese, glucose-intolerant and diabetic subjects...
- Effect of dark chocolate on plasma epicatechin levels, DNA resistance to oxidative stress and total antioxidant activity in healthy subjectsA Spadafranca
Department of Food Science and Microbiology di S T A M, Division of Human Nutrition, University of Milan, Via Celoria, 2, 20133 Milan, Italy
Br J Nutr 103:1008-14. 2010..T(27+2 h), P = 0.7). Both effects were no longer evident after 22 h. No effect was observed on TAA. WC did not affect any variable. DC may transiently improve DNA resistance to oxidative stress, probably for flavonoid kinetics...
- Circulating salicylic acid is related to fruit and vegetable consumption in healthy subjectsA Spadafranca
Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Alimentari e Microbiologiche, International Center for the Assessment of Nutritional Status, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via G Colombo, 60, 20133 Milan, Italy
Br J Nutr 98:802-6. 2007..It is therefore possible that the beneficial effects of regular FV consumption in man could also depend on low chronic SA exposure...
- Nutritional counselling in disabled people: effects on dietary patterns, body composition and cardiovascular risk factorsS Bertoli
International Center for the Assessment of Nutritional Status, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Eur J Phys Rehabil Med 44:149-58. 2008..The aim of this study was to analyse the applicability and the efficacy of a nutritional counselling intervention in order to improve dietary intake and nutritional status in disabled people...
- Poor agreement between a portable armband and indirect calorimetry in the assessment of resting energy expenditureS Bertoli
International Center for the Assessment of Nutritional Status, University of Milano, Milano, Italy
Clin Nutr 27:307-10. 2008..To evaluate the agreement between resting energy expenditure (REE) estimated by a portable armband and measured by indirect calorimetry...
- Comparison between daidzein and genistein antioxidant activity in primary and cancer lymphocytesP Foti
Division of Human Nutrition, Department of Food Science and Microbiology, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Arch Biochem Biophys 433:421-7. 2005....
- Measurement of salicylic acid in human serum using stable isotope dilution and gas chromatography-mass spectrometryA Battezzati
Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Alimentari e Microbiologiche, International Center for the Assessment of Nutritional Status, Universita degli Studi di Milano, 20133 Milan, Italy
Anal Biochem 354:274-8. 2006..With a detection limit of 0.6 ng and a quantification limit of 2 ng, the method is therefore also adequate for population studies because of the small amount of blood necessary to perform the analyses...