Affiliation: University of Udine
- Alcohol-induced endothelial changes are associated with oxidative stress and are rapidly reversed after withdrawalGiorgio Soardo
Department of Internal Medicine and Liver Unit, Institute of Clinical Pathology, University of Udine School of Medicine, Udine, Italy
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 29:1889-98. 2005..This paradox might reflect a dose-related effect of different alcohol intakes on endothelial function and this, in turn, might depend on changes in oxidative stress...
- Elevated serum CA 19-9 in hepatic actinomycosisGiorgio Soardo
Division of Internal Medicine and Department of Experimental and Clinical Pathology and Medicine, Piazzale Santa Maria della Misericordia I, 33100 University of Udine, Udine, Italy
Scand J Gastroenterol 40:1372-3. 2005
- Effects of alcohol withdrawal on blood pressure in hypertensive heavy drinkersGiorgio Soardo
Department of Internal Medicine, Liver Unit, University of Udine School of Medicine, Udine, Italy
J Hypertens 24:1493-8. 2006..The mechanisms of this association, however, remain elusive. We studied the effects of alcohol withdrawal on blood pressure, hormonal parameters, and circulating markers of endothelial activity...
- Effects of antihypertensive drugs on alcohol-induced functional responses of cultured human endothelial cellsGiorgio Soardo
Division of Internal Medicine Liver Unit, Department of Experimental and Clinical Pathology and Medicine, University of Udine School of Medicine, Udine, Italy
Hypertens Res 31:345-51. 2008..These effects might be particularly beneficial in patients with alcohol-related hypertension...
- Oxidative stress is activated by free fatty acids in cultured human hepatocytesGiorgio Soardo
Liver and Hypertension Unit, Department of Pathology and Experimental and Clinical Medicine, University of Udine, Udine, Italy
Metab Syndr Relat Disord 9:397-401. 2011..We have investigated the response of cultured human hepatoblastoma cells (Hep-G2) that were exposed to FA by measuring markers of oxidative stress and thrombosis and expression of the insulin receptor...
- New risk factors for atherosclerosis in hypertension: focus on the prothrombotic state and lipoprotein(a)Cristiana Catena
Internal Medicine and Hypertension Unit, Department of Experimental and Clinical Pathology and Medicine, University of Udine, Piazzale S Maria della Misericordia, 33100 Udine, Italy
J Hypertens 23:1617-31. 2005....
- Complete Remission of Unresectable Hepatocellular Carcinoma After Combined Sorafenib and Adjuvant Yttrium-90 RadioembolizationDario Lorenzin
1 General Surgery and Transplantation Unit, University Hospital S Maria della Misericordia, Udine, Italy
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 31:65-9. 2016..At 12 months follow-up, there is no evidence of HCC recurrence. ..
- Fluoxetine disposition in patients with chronic hepatitis C treated with interferon-αMario Furlanut
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Department of Experimental and Clinical Pathology and Medicine, University of Udine, Udine, Italy
Clin Pharmacokinet 49:767-72. 2010..We therefore decided to study the effects of the interferon-α-2b pegylated derivative on fluoxetine disposition in patients receiving combination chemotherapy for chronic hepatitis C...
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, adiponectin and insulin resistance in dipper and nondipper essential hypertensive patientsFrancesco Fallo
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Padova, Padua, Italy
J Hypertens 26:2191-7. 2008..We examined the inter-relationship between insulin sensitivity, adiponectin levels, and NAFLD in hypertensive patients with different circadian blood pressure profiles...