Affiliation: University of Sassari
- Effects of topiramate in patients with cerebellar tremorGianPietro Sechi
Neurological Clinic, University of Sassari, Viale San Pietro 10, 07100 Sassari, Italy
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 27:1023-7. 2003..To evaluate the safety and potential beneficial effect of topiramate (TPM) as monotherapy or adjunctive therapy to carbamazepine (CBZ) in patients with cerebellar tremor...
- Advances in clinical determinants and neurological manifestations of B vitamin deficiency in adultsGianPietro Sechi
G P Sechi, E Sechi, and C Fois are with the Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Sassari, Sassari, Italy N Kumar is with the Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Nutr Rev 74:281-300. 2016..Recent advances in the clinical determinants and diagnostic clues of B vitamin deficiency, as well as the suggested therapies for B vitamin disorders, are described. ..
- Ceftriaxone for Alexander's Disease: A Four-Year Follow-UpGianPietro Sechi
Department Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Sassari, Viale S Pietro 10, 07100, Sassari, Italy
JIMD Rep 9:67-71. 2013....
- Three sisters with very-late-onset major depression and parkinsonismGianPietro Sechi
Institute of Neurology, University of Sassari, Sassari, Italy
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 13:122-5. 2007..We suggest that single allele mutations of ATP7B gene may confer a susceptibility for late-onset major depression and parkinsonism...
- Disfluent speech in patients with partial epilepsy: beneficial effect of levetiracetamGianPietro Sechi
Neurological Clinic, Viale San Pietro 10, 07100 Sassari, Italy
Epilepsy Behav 9:521-3. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate the clinical effects of levetiracetam (LEV) in patients with partial epilepsy and disfluent speech...
- Wernicke's encephalopathy: new clinical settings and recent advances in diagnosis and managementGianPietro Sechi
Institute of Clinical Neurology, University of Sassari, Italy
Lancet Neurol 6:442-55. 2007..A systematic approach helps to ensure that patients receive a prompt diagnosis and adequate treatment...
- Restless legs syndrome and periodic limb movements after ischemic stroke in the right lenticulostriate regionGianPietro Sechi
Institute of Neurological Clinic, University of Sassari, Viale San Pietro, 10, I 07100 Sassari, Italy
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 14:157-60. 2008..The discrete brain localization observed in this patient may be a clue to a better understanding of the pathophysiology of RLS and PLM...
- Levetiracetam in stiff-person syndromeGianPietro Sechi
Dept of Neurosciences, University of Sassari, Viale S Pietro, 10, 07100 Sassari, Italy
J Neurol 255:1721-5. 2008..No response was noticed on placebo. Our data indicate that in patients with SPS, LEV is well tolerated and has a therapeutic role in the management of both muscle stiffness and life-threatening paroxysmal respiratory spasms...
- Asterixis and toxic encephalopathy induced by gabapentinGianPietro Sechi
Neurological Clinic, University of Sassari, Viale San Pietro, 10, 07100 Sassari, Italy
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 28:195-9. 2004..To date, only one case of asterixis associated with the use of gabapentin (GBT) has been reported. No data, instead, are available on the occurrence of asterixis related to a dementing encephalopathy during GBT therapy in the elderly...
- "Erratic" complex partial status epilepticus as a presenting feature of MELASDavide Corda
Neurological Clinic, University of Sassari, Sassari, Italy
Epilepsy Behav 8:655-8. 2006..We report for the first time a case in which multifocal CPSE is the presenting feature of MELAS. Our findings document the multifocality of neuronal hyperexcitability in the context of the cerebral strokelike lesion in this syndrome...
- Focal and secondarily generalised convulsive status epilepticus induced by thiocolchicoside in the ratGianPietro Sechi
Neurological Clinic, Viale S Pietro, 10, Sassari, Italy
Seizure 12:508-15. 2003..Our study documents that thiocolchicoside has a powerful convulsant activity in the rat, perhaps due to an antagonistic interaction of the compound with a cortical subtype of the GABA(A) receptor...
- Carbamazepine, clonazepam and focal reflex proprioceptive seizuresGianPietro Sechi
Department of Neurology, University of Sassari, Neurological Clinic, Viale S Pietro 10, 07100 Sassari, Italy
Clin Neuropharmacol 26:327-30. 2003..CBZ was withdrawn and clonazepam (CZP) given 2 mg daily, with complete relief of seizures and choreoathetoid dyskinesias. CZP had a suppressive effect on seizures for over 15 years, without development of tolerance...
- Paradoxical Effect of Levetiracetam in Newly Diagnosed Type II Focal Cortical DysplasiaChiara Fois
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Sassari, Sassari, Italy
Clin Neuropharmacol 39:265-8. 2016..A hint of pathophysiological hypothesis underlying this potential relationship will be also suggested. ..
- Wernicke's encephalopathy in a woman on slimming dietGianPietro Sechi
Department of Neurology, University of Sassari, Viale S Pietro 10, 07100 Sassari, Italy
Neurology 58:1697-8. 2002
- Wernicke encephalopathy after obesity surgery: a systematic reviewAlessandro Serra
Neurology 69:615; author reply 615-6. 2007
- Thyrotoxicosis-associated Wernicke's encephalopathyGianPietro Sechi
J Gen Intern Med 23:897. 2008