Affiliation: University of Cagliari
- Moss (Bryum radiculosum) as a bioindicator of trace metal deposition around an industrialised area in Sardinia (Italy)M Schintu
Dipartimento di Sanita Pubblica, Universita di Cagliari, Via G T Porcell 4, 09124 Cagliari, Italy
Chemosphere 60:610-8. 2005..Correlation was significant only for Pb, Cd, and Zn. For Cr, Cu, and V the results showed high variability, mainly to be ascribed to soil factors...
- Measurement of environmental trace-metal levels in Mediterranean coastal areas with transplanted mussels and DGT techniquesM Schintu
Universita di Cagliari, Dipartimento di Sanita Pubblica, Via GT Porcell 4, 09124 Cagliari, Italy
Mar Pollut Bull 57:832-7. 2008....
- Heavy metal accumulation in surface sediments at the port of Cagliari (Sardinia, western Mediterranean): Environmental assessment using sequential extractions and benthic foraminiferaMarco Schintu
Dipartimento di Scienze Mediche e Sanità Pubblica, Universita degli Studi di Cagliari, Via GT Porcell 4, 09124 Cagliari, Italy Electronic address
Mar Pollut Bull 111:45-56. 2016..The sampling sites characterized by the highest values of biotic indices were located far from the port areas and present an epiphytic and epifaunal biocoenosis. ..
- Interpretation of coastal sediment quality based on trace metal and PAH analysis, benthic foraminifera, and toxicity tests (Sardinia, Western Mediterranean)Marco Schintu
Dipartimento di Sanita Pubblica, Medicina clinica e molecolare, Universita degli Studi di Cagliari, Via GT Porcell 4, 09124 Cagliari, Italy Electronic address
Mar Pollut Bull 94:72-83. 2015..Overall, the toxicity rate was significant in many samples in comparison with other sites studied in other Mediterranean regions. ..
- Macroalgae and DGT as indicators of available trace metals in marine coastal waters near a lead-zinc smelterMarco Schintu
Dipartimento di Sanita Pubblica, Universita di Cagliari, Via GT Porcell, 4 09124, Cagliari, Italy
Environ Monit Assess 167:653-61. 2010..The results pointed out the usefulness of using both DGT and algal methods for a better understanding of trace metal availability in coastal waters...
- Using SPMDs to monitor the seawater concentrations of PAHs and PCBs in marine protected areas (Western Mediterranean)Alessandro Marrucci
Dipartimento di Sanita Pubblica, Medicina clinica e molecolare, Universita di Cagliari, Via GT Porcell, 09124 Cagliari, Italy
Mar Pollut Bull 75:69-75. 2013..The PCBs were generally observed at levels below the detection limits of the utilised method. ..
- [G6PD phenotype and red blood cell sensitivity to the oxidising action of chlorites in drinking water]A Contu
Dipartimento di Sanita Pubblica, Sezione di Igiene, Universita degli Studi di Cagliari
Ann Ig 17:509-18. 2005..However, it is still possible that more relevant changes would follow exposure to chlorites concentrations greater than that observed in the present study...
- Critical analysis of radiochemical methodologies for the assessment of sediment pollution and dynamics in the lagoon of Venice (Italy)S Degetto
ICIS CNR AdR C so Stati Uniti 4, 35127, Padova, Italy
Environ Int 31:1023-30. 2005..In this work the radiochemical approach to the environmental study of the Venice lagoon is examined...
- [Trihalomethanes and chlorites in finished drinking water in Sardinia (Italy) and possible health effects]A Contu
Dipartimento di Sanita Pubblica, Universita degli Studi di Cagliari
Ann Ig 16:639-46. 2004..These results are relevant for epidemiological studies on health effects from DBPs exposure...
- [Coliphages as indicators of fecal contamination in sea water]P Meloni
Dipartimento di Sanita Pubblica, Sezione di Igiene, Universita degli Studi di Cagliari, Via Porcell 4, 09100 Cagliari
Ann Ig 15:111-6. 2003..The results confirm the usefulness of coliphages as indicators of fecal contamination and suggest a level which could be considered a guideline value for their presence in seawater...