Affiliation: University of Milano-Bicocca
- Photon correlation spectroscopy with incoherent lightD Salerno
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale, Universita degli Studi di Milano Bicocca, Monza MI, Italy
Opt Express 19:26416-22. 2011..This results in a "skewed-coherence" light beam allowing that restores the coherence requirements. This approach overcomes the usual need for beam filtering, which would reduce the total brightness of the beam...
- Magnetic tweezers measurements of the nanomechanical properties of DNA in the presence of drugsDomenico Salerno
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale, Universita di Milano Bicocca, Via Cadore 48, Monza MI 20052, Italy
Nucleic Acids Res 38:7089-99. 2010..Finally, a data analysis criterion for discriminating between different molecular interactions among DNA and drugs has been suggested...
- Atomic force microscopy study of DNA conformation in the presence of drugsValeria Cassina
Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Milano Bicocca, Via Cadore 48, 20052, Monza, Milan, Italy
Eur Biophys J 40:59-68. 2011..These single-molecule measurements demonstrate morphological features that reflect the specific modes of drug-DNA interaction. This experimental approach may have implications in the design of therapeutically effective agents...
- Magnetic tweezers measurements of the nanomechanical stability of DNA against denaturation at various conditions of pH and ionic strengthAlessia Tempestini
Dipartimento di Scienze della Salute, Universita di Milano Bicocca, Via Cadore 48, Monza MB 20900, Italy
Nucleic Acids Res 41:2009-19. 2013..Finally, an extension of a theoretical model of plectoneme formation is used to estimate the average denaturation energy, which is found to be linearly correlated to the melting temperature of the DNA double strands...
- Nano-particle characterization by using Exposure Time Dependent Spectrum and scattering in the near field methods: how to get fast dynamics with low-speed CCD cameraDoriano Brogioli
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Bicocca, Via Cadore 48, Monza, MI, 20052, Italy
Opt Express 16:20272-82. 2008..The apparatus and the algorithm have been validated by considering model systems of standard spherical nano-particle...
- Nonfibrillar Abeta 1-42 inhibits glutamate uptake and phosphorylates p38 in human fibroblastsChiara Paola Zoia
Department of Neuroscience and Biomedical Technologies, University of Milano Bicocca, Via Cadore, Monza, Italy
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 25:164-72. 2011..Thus, modulating complex kinase signaling pathway might represent a future therapeutic target in AD...
- Stability of Aβ (1-42) peptide fibrils as consequence of environmental modificationsMaria Gregori
Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Milano Bicocca, Via Cadore 48, 20052, Monza, MI, Italy
Eur Biophys J 39:1613-23. 2010..This information is of fundamental importance when Aβ fibrils are prepared in vitro at acidic pH and then diluted into physiological buffer for biological investigations...