Affiliation: University of Brescia
- Treatment of chronic myeloid leukemia elderly patients in the tyrosine kinase inhibitor eraDomenico Russo
Chair of Hematology, Unit of Blood Diseases and Cell Therapies, University of Brescia AO Spedali Civili Brescia, p le Spedali Civili 1, 25100 Brescia, Italy
Curr Cancer Drug Targets 13:755-67. 2013..Another therapeutic strategy could be the identification of the minimal effective dose of TKI in order to maintain the CCgR, but also this approach is under clinical investigation. ..
- Effects and outcome of a policy of intermittent imatinib treatment in elderly patients with chronic myeloid leukemiaDomenico Russo
Unit of Blood Diseases and Stem Cell Transplantation, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
Blood 121:5138-44. 2013..This trial was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as NCT 00858806. ..
- Multicentre phase III trial on fludarabine, cytarabine (Ara-C), and idarubicin versus idarubicin, Ara-C and etoposide for induction treatment of younger, newly diagnosed acute myeloid leukaemia patientsDomenico Russo
Unit of Blood Diseases and Cell Therapy, Brescia University, Brescia, Italy
Br J Haematol 131:172-9. 2005..Our prospective randomised study confirmed the anti-leukaemic effect and the low toxic profile of FLAI as induction treatment for newly diagnosed AML patients...
- Long term outcome of Ph+ CML patients achieving complete cytogenetic remission with interferon based therapy moving from interferon to imatinib eraMichele Malagola
Chair of Haematology, Unit of Blood Diseases and Stem Cell Transplantation, University of Brescia, 25100, Brescia, Italy
Am J Hematol 89:119-24. 2014..0) . Complete molecular response (MR(4.5) or MR(5.0) ) seems to be unnecessary for such a long survival. This study further supports development of studies testing the clinical effect of the combinations of TKIs with IFNα...
- Case-control study of multidrug resistance phenotype and response to induction treatment including or not fludarabine in newly diagnosed acute myeloid leukaemia patientsMichele Malagola
Chair of Haematology, Unit of Blood Diseases and Cell Therapies, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
Br J Haematol 136:87-95. 2007..In this setting of patients, large prospective randomised studies should be planned...
- Incidence of bacterial and fungal infections in newly diagnosed acute myeloid leukaemia patients younger than 65 yr treated with induction regimens including fludarabine: retrospective analysis of 224 casesMichele Malagola
Unit of Blood Diseases and Cell Therapies, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
Eur J Haematol 81:354-63. 2008..The intensification of induction chemotherapy and the use of non-conventional drugs such as fludarabine are considered responsible for the increased risk of infections...
- A simple prognostic scoring system for newly diagnosed cytogenetically normal acute myeloid leukemia: retrospective analysis of 530 patientsMichele Malagola
Chair of Hematology, Unit of Blood Disease and Cell Therapy, Spedali Civili Hospital, Brescia, Italy
Leuk Lymphoma 52:2329-35. 2011..0001). This PIS may be useful for clinical decision-making in CN-AML and may be prospectively integrated with the newest biological markers which at present are not routinely assessed and need prognostic validation...
- Peripheral blood WT1 expression predicts relapse in AML patients undergoing allogeneic stem cell transplantationMichele Malagola
Unit of Blood Disease and Stem Cell Transplantation, Department of Clinical and Experimental Sciences, University of Brescia, AO Spedali Civili di Brescia, P le Ospedali Civili 1, 25123 Brescia, Italy
Biomed Res Int 2014:123079. 2014....
- Profile of toll-like receptors on peripheral blood cells in relation to acute graft-versus-host disease after allogeneic stem cell transplantationCristina Skert
Stem Cell Transplantation Unit, Department of Hematology, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 19:227-34. 2013..03 and .01, respectively). This profile of TLR-1, -5, and -9 can promote an overall immunostimulatory/proinflammatory response. If our findings are confirmed by further studies, this TLR profile could be a useful biomarker of aGVHD...
- Prospective phase II Study on 5-days azacitidine for treatment of symptomatic and/or erythropoietin unresponsive patients with low/INT-1-risk myelodysplastic syndromesCarla Fili
Chair of Hematology, Unit of Blood Disease and Stem Cell Transplantation, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 19:3297-308. 2013..Second, single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) genetic profile and phosphoinositide-phospholipase C (PI-PLC) β1 levels were studied to evaluate possible biologic markers able to predict the hematologic response...
- Changes in circulating endothelial cells count could become a valuable tool in the diagnostic definition of acute graft-versus-host diseaseCamillo Almici
1 Laboratory for Stem Cells Manipulation and Cryopreservation, A O Spedali Civili, Brescia, Italy 2 Department of Transfusion Medicine, A O Spedali Civili, Brescia, Italy 3 Chair of Hematology, Unit of Blood Diseases and Stem Cell Transplantation, University of Brescia, A O Spedali Civili, Brescia, Italy 4 Address correspondence to Camillo Almici, M D, Laboratory for Stem Cells Manipulation and Cryopreservation, Department of Transfusion Medicine, A O Spedali Civili di Brescia, Pz le Spedali Civili, 1 25123 Brescia, Italy
Transplantation 98:706-12. 2014..Recently, clinical and physiopathologic evidences showed that vascular endothelium can be a target of GvHD in the early phase and circulating endothelial cells (CECs) represent surrogate markers of endothelial damage...
- A randomized study of interferon-alpha versus interferon-alpha and low-dose arabinosyl cytosine in chronic myeloid leukemiaMichele Baccarani
L and A Seràgnoli Institute of Hematology and Medical Oncology, S Orsola Hospital, University of Bologna, Italy
Blood 99:1527-35. 2002....
- The role of MDR-related proteins in the prognosis of adult acute myeloid leukaemia (AML) with normal karyotypeDaniela Damiani
Chair of Hematology and Division of Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation, Udine University, Udine, Italy
Hematol Oncol 25:38-43. 2007..This finding could be used to stratify patients with different prognosis and to design risk-adapted therapeutic strategies...
- Imatinib mesylate in the treatment of c-kit-positive acute myeloid leukemia: is this the real target?Michele Malagola
Blood 105:904; author reply 905. 2005
- The achievement of molecular complete remission during treatment with imatinib mesylate correlates with relapse-free survival in bcr/abl-positive acute lymphoid leukemia patientsPier Paolo Piccaluga
Haematologica 89:1269-71. 2004..000). Moreover, the 6 patients with a bcr-abl/GAPDHx100,000 ratio <2 after 4 weeks of treatment had significantly better RFS (10.5 vs 4 months) (p=0.004)...
- Imatinib and pegylated human recombinant interferon-alpha2b in early chronic-phase chronic myeloid leukemiaMichele Baccarani
Institute of Hematology and Medical Oncology L and A Seragnoli, University of Bologna, Via Massarenti, 9 40138 Bologna, Italy
Blood 104:4245-51. 2004..The BCR/ABL transcript was reduced by at least 3 logs in 68% of complete cytogenetic responders. These data of toxicity, compliance, and efficacy may assist in the design and preparation of prospective studies...
- Disposition of liposomal daunorubicin during cotreatment with cytarabine in patients with leukaemiaFederico Pea
Department of Experimental and Clinical Pathology and Medicine, Institute of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Udine, Udine, Italy
Clin Pharmacokinet 42:851-62. 2003..To investigate the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of liposomal daunorubicin (DaunoXome) 80 or 100 mg/m(2) on days 1, 2 and 3 coadministered with standard or high-dose cytarabine to patients with poor-risk acute leukaemia...
- Rituximab for the treatment of type II mixed cryoglobulinemiaFrancesco Zaja
Arthritis Rheum 46:2252-4; author reply 2254-5. 2002
- Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia in patients with malignant haematological diseases: 10 years' experience of infection in GIMEMA centresLivio Pagano
Institute of Hematology, Sacred Heart Catholic University, Largo Francesco Vito 1, I 00168 Rome, Italy
Br J Haematol 117:379-86. 2002..Multivariate analysis showed that prolonged steroid treatment (P < 0.006) and a radiological picture of diffuse lung involvement (P < 0.003) were negative diagnostic factors...
- Resveratrol exerts antiproliferative activity and induces apoptosis in Waldenström's macroglobulinemiaAldo M Roccaro
Bing Center for Waldenstrom s Macroglobulinemia, Harvard Medical School, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:1849-58. 2008..Whether resveratrol could inhibit proliferation or induce cytotoxicity in Waldenström's macroglobulinemia (WM) was investigated...