Affiliation: University of Genoa
- Benign lymphoepithelial parotid lesions in vertically HIV-infected patientsRaffaella Rosso
Department of Infectious Diseases, DICMI, University of Genoa, San Martino Hospital, Genoa, Italy
AIDS Patient Care STDS 20:536-41. 2006....
- Effects of hepatitis C virus infection on the pharmacokinetics of ritonavir-boosted atazanavir in HIV-1-infected patientsAntonio Di Biagio
Department of Infectious Diseases, San Martino Hospital Genoa, University of Genoa, Largo Rosanna Benzi, 10, 16132, Genoa, Italy
J Infect Chemother 18:587-90. 2012..In our patients with mild impairment of hepatic function caused by HCV infection, atazanavir C (trough) was comparable in HIV-infected and HIV/HCV-co-infected patients...
- Efficacy of ertapenem in the treatment of early ventilator-associated pneumonia caused by extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing organisms in an intensive care unitMatteo Bassetti
Infectious Diseases Division, San Martino University Hospital, Genoa, Italy
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:433-5. 2007..However, there are no clinical data to support the use of ertapenem in VAP. Our purpose is to evaluate the usefulness and safety of ertapenem in the treatment of VAP caused by susceptible ESBL strains...
- Lamivudine resistance mutations in European patients with hepatitis B and patients co-infected with HIV and hepatitis BLucia Taramasso
Infectious Diseases Department, San Martino Hospital and University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
J Med Virol 83:1905-8. 2011..These mutations were also related with changes in HBsAg. The use of potent drugs in the first line anti-HBV therapy may reduce the resistance mutations in the future...
- Nevirapine-based regimens in routine clinical settings: results from a large Italian cohort of HIV-1 infected adultsRaffaella Rosso
Department of Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, San Martino Hospital, Genoa, Italy
Curr Drug Saf 6:138-44. 2011..We assessed the safety and efficacy of different nevirapine-based regimens in patients starting this drug in a large cohort of Caucasian subjects during the 1999-2007 periods...
- Candida infections in the intensive care unit: epidemiology, risk factors and therapeutic strategiesMatteo Bassetti
Clinica Malattie Infettive, A O U San Martino, R Benzi 10 16132, Genoa, Italy
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 4:875-85. 2006..In this article we review antifungal treatment, including the use of polyenes, azoles and echinocandines, and the role of prophylaxis...
- Pharmacokinetics of lopinavir determined with an ELISA test in youths with perinatally acquired HIVRoberta Prinapori
Infectious Diseases Clinic, San Martino Hospital, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Indian J Pediatr 81:856-60. 2014..To investigate the plasma levels of lopinavir by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) in a cohort of patients who were vertically infected with human immunodeficiency virus 1 (HIV)...
- Effects of the change from Stavudine to tenofovir in human immunodeficiency virus-infected children treated with highly active antiretroviral therapy: studies on mitochondrial toxicity and thymic functionRaffaella Rosso
Infectious Diseases Clinics, San Martino Hospital, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Pediatr Infect Dis J 27:17-21. 2008..Few data on mitochondrial toxicity of antiviral drugs are available in HIV-positive children...
- Safety and efficacy of pegylated interferon and ribavirin in adolescents with human immunodeficiency virus and hepatitis C virus acquired perinatallyRaffaella Rosso
Infectious Diseases Clinic, University of Genoa, San Martino Hospital, Genoa, Italy
J Med Virol 82:1110-4. 2010..This report describes four patients with HIV and HCV co-infection acquired perinatally, who were treated with PEG-IFN and ribavirin for chronic viral hepatitis caused by HCV...
- Successful rescue therapy with Raltegravir (MK-0518) and Etravirine (TMC125) in an hiv-infected patient failing all four classes of antiretroviral drugsAntonio Di Biagio
Department of Infectious Diseases, University of Genoa, San Martino Hospital Genoa, Italy
AIDS Patient Care STDS 22:355-7. 2008
- Inflammation markers correlate with common carotid intima-media thickness in patients perinatally infected with human immunodeficiency virus 1Antonio Di Biagio
Infectious Disease Clinic, University of Genoa, San Martino Hospital, Genoa, Italy
J Ultrasound Med 32:763-8. 2013..To investigate common carotid intima-media thickness in a cohort of patients who were vertically infected with human immunodeficiency virus 1 (HIV-1)...
- HIV and accelerated atheroprogression: role of antiretroviral therapyAntonio Di Biagio
Clinica Malattie Infettive, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria San Martino, Genoa, Italy
Curr Pharm Biotechnol 13:88-96. 2012....
- Efficacy and safety of darunavir and etravirine in an antiretroviral multi-experienced youth with vertically HIV-1 infectionRaffaella Rosso
Department of Infectious Diseases, University of Genoa, San Martino Hospital, Genova, Italy
Eur J Med Res 14:136-8. 2009..We report the case of a 15-year-old Caucasian male, with vertically acquired HIV-1 infection, who failed several lines of antiretroviral therapy and was successfully treated with darunavir/ritonavir and etravirine...
- Lopinavir/ritonavir exposure in treatment-naive HIV-infected children following twice or once daily administrationRaffaella Rosso
Department of Infectious Diseases, San Martino Hospital and University of Genoa, Largo Rosanna Benzi 10, 16132 Genoa, Italy
J Antimicrob Chemother 57:1168-71. 2006..However, once daily administration could increase convenience and patient adherence. Our study aimed at evaluating whether inhibitory concentrations are maintained in plasma following administration of lopinavir/ritonavir once daily...
- Evaluation of insulin resistance in a cohort of HIV-infected youthRaffaella Rosso
Department of Infectious Diseases, San Martino Hospital, University of Genoa, Largo R Benzi 10, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 157:655-9. 2007..Metabolic abnormalities, including impairment of glucose homeostasis, have been well characterized in HIV-infected patients. In contrast to adults, insulin resistance and diabetes mellitus appear to be relatively uncommon finding in youth...
- Epidemiological trends in nosocomial candidemia in intensive careMatteo Bassetti
Infectious Diseases Department, S Martino Hospital, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
BMC Infect Dis 6:21. 2006..Infection represents a frequent complication among patients in Intensive Care Units (ICUs) and mortality is high. In particular, the incidence of fungal infections, especially due to Candida spp., has been increasing during the last years...
- Quantitative ultrasound and bone density in vertically HIV-infected childrenMarina Vignolo
Clin Infect Dis 43:112-3; author reply 113-4. 2006
- A randomized controlled trial of genotypic HIV drug resistance testing in HIV-1-infected children: the PERA (PENTA 8) trialHannah Green
MRC Clinical Trials Unit, London, UK
Antivir Ther 11:857-67. 2006..To evaluate the longer-term utility of genotypic resistance testing in HIV-1-infected children with virological failure...
- Different evidence of key amprenavir resistance mutations on the efficacy of darunavirAntonio Di Biagio
AIDS 22:437-8. 2008
- Cancer rates after year 2000 significantly decrease in children with perinatal HIV infection: a study by the Italian Register for HIV Infection in ChildrenElena Chiappini
Department of Pediatrics, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
J Clin Oncol 25:97-101. 2007..To evaluate the impact of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) on cancer incidence in HIV-infected children throughout a 20-year period...
- Changing patterns of clinical events in perinatally HIV-1-infected children during the era of HAARTElena Chiappini
Department of Paediatrics, University of Florence, Via Luca Giordano 13, I 50132 Florence, Italy
AIDS 21:1607-15. 2007..The introduction of HAART has decreased mortality and progression to AIDS in perinatally HIV-1-infected children, but information on modification of the rate of specific clinical events is limited...
- Consecutive blood lactate assessment in HIV-infected children: correlation with therapy and clinical characteristicsRaffaella Rosso
Int J Infect Dis 9:173-5. 2005