Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Turin
- Long-term effects of anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody treatment of cryoglobulinaemic glomerulonephritisDario Roccatello
Centro Multidisciplinare di Ricerche di Immunopatologia e Documentazione su Malattie Rare, Struttura Complessa a Direzione Universitaria di Immunologia Clinica CMID, P zza del Donatore di Sangue 3, 10152 Torino, Italy
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:3054-61. 2004..Similar effects could be expected in type II MC...
- Effects of anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody as a rescue treatment for ANCA-associated idiopathic systemic vasculitis with or without overt renal involvementD Roccatello
Centro di Ricerche di Immunopatologia e Documentazione su Malattie Rare, Struttura Complessa a Direzione Universitaria di Immunologia Clinica, Ospedale S G Bosco, Torino, Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 26:S67-71. 2008..The key mechanism of action of CYC is suppression of the B lymphocyte activity. However, a considerable minority of patients either remains refractory to conventional therapy or experiences dose-limiting side effects...
- New insights into immune mechanisms underlying response to Rituximab in patients with membranous nephropathy: A prospective study and a review of the literatureD Roccatello
Center of Research of Immunopathology and Rare Diseases Coordinating Center of the Network for Rare Diseases of Piedmont and Aosta Valley, Department of Rare, Immunologic, Hematologic and Immunohematologic Diseases, S Giovanni Bosco Hospital and University of Turin, Piazza del Donatore di Sangue 3, 10154 Turin, Italy SCDU Nephrology and Dialysis, S Giovanni Bosco Hospital and University of Turin, Piazza del Donatore di Sangue 3, 10154 Turin, Italy Electronic address
Autoimmun Rev 15:529-38. 2016..Rituximab (RTX) has been reported to safely reduce proteinuria in patients with primary MN and severe NS. However, the effects of RTX treatment on T-cells including regulatory T-cells (Treg) in MN have not been fully determined...
- A 4-year observation in lupus nephritis patients treated with an intensified B-lymphocyte depletion without immunosuppressive maintenance treatment-Clinical response compared to literature and immunological re-assessmentDario Roccatello
Department of Rare, Immunologic, Hematologic and Immunohematologic Diseases, Center of Research of Immunopathology and Rare Diseases Coordinating Center of Piemonte and Valle d Aosta Network for Rare Diseases, Turin, Italy SCDU Nephrology and Dialysis, S Giovanni Bosco Hospital, Turin, Italy Electronic address
Autoimmun Rev 14:1123-30. 2015..B cells (BC) play a critical role in systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). BC depletion therapy still remains an attractive option, despite the disappointing results of randomized controlled trials (RTCs)...
- Long-term effects of methylprednisolone pulses and mycophenolate mofetil in IgA nephropathy patients at risk of progressionDario Roccatello
Center for Immunopathology and Rare Diseases, Department of Rare, Immunologic, Haematologic and Immunohaematologic Diseases, San G Bosco Hospital and University of Turin, Turin, Italy
J Nephrol 25:198-203. 2012..Some histologic lesions are irreversible and progress toward obliteration of glomerular capillaries. Others are acute inflammatory processes potentially susceptible to reversal by means of immunosuppressive therapies...
- Intensive short-term treatment with rituximab, cyclophosphamide and methylprednisolone pulses induces remission in severe cases of SLE with nephritis and avoids further immunosuppressive maintenance therapyDario Roccatello
Universita di Torino, Torino, Italy
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:3987-92. 2011..Rituximab is expected to induce apoptosis of all the CD20-positive B cells. A proportion of patients are refractory or intolerant to standard immunosuppression. These are candidate to new therapeutic options...
- Relationship between cryoglobulinemia-associated nephritis and HCV infectionDario Roccatello
Centro di Ricerche di Immunopatologia e Documentazione su Malattie Rare, Ospedale Emergenza Torino Nord San G Bosco, L go Donatore del Sangue 3, 10154 Torino, Italy
Expert Rev Clin Immunol 4:515-24. 2008....
- [The role of rituximab in the treatment of ANCA-associated systemic vasculitis]Dario Roccatello
Centro di Ricerche di Immunopatologia e Documentazione su Malattie Rare, Ospedale G Bosco e Universita di Torino, Torino, Italy
G Ital Nefrol 28:474-88. 2011..A small number of cases of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy reported in patients receiving rituximab in off-label use (albeit none with ANCA-associated vasculitis) highlights the importance of pharmacovigilance...
- Rituximab as a therapeutic tool in severe mixed cryoglobulinemiaDario Roccatello
Centro Multidisciplinare di Ricerche di Immunopatologia e Documentazione su Malattie Rare, Struttura Complessa a Direzione Universitaria di Immunologia Clinica CMID, Ospedale S G Bosco, L go Donatore del Sangue 3, 10154, Torino, Italy
Clin Rev Allergy Immunol 34:111-7. 2008..Based on this experience and a number of reports published in the last 5 years, Rituximab appears to be a safe and effective therapeutic option in symptomatic patients with HCV-associated MC with signs of systemic vasculitis...
- Multicenter study on hepatitis C virus-related cryoglobulinemic glomerulonephritisDario Roccatello
Centro Universitario di Ricerche di Immunopatologia e Documentazione su Malattie Rare, Ospedale S G Bosco, Torino, Italy
Am J Kidney Dis 49:69-82. 2007..Mixed cryoglobulinemia is a multisystem disorder associated strongly with hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection. The kidney frequently is involved, and glomerulonephritis represents the key factor affecting prognosis...
- [Antiphospholipid syndrome and kidney]D Roccatello
Centro di Ricerche di Immunopatologia e Documentazione su Malattie Rare, Struttura Complessa a Direzione Universitaria di Immunologia Clinica, Ospedale San Giovanni Bosco, ASL 4, Torino
G Ital Nefrol 24:111-20. 2007..Anticoagulation is the therapy of choice, especially in arterial stenosis and acute disease, but is probably also indicated in chronic and subacute patterns. The role of immunomodulatory therapy has to be assessed...
- Anti-neuronal antibodies in patients with HCV-related mixed cryoglobulinemiaM Alpa
Centro di Ricerche di Immunopatologia e Documentazione su Malattie Rare CMID, Struttura Complessa Direzione Universitaria di Immunologia Clinica, Ospedale San Giovanni Bosco, Universita di Torino, Italy
Autoimmun Rev 8:56-8. 2008..Anti-neuronal reactivity could be a direct trigger of neurologic injury in this disorder...
- Patients with antiphosholipid syndrome and thrombotic recurrences: A real world observation (the Piedmont cohort study)M Bazzan
Haematology and Thrombosis Unit, San Giovanni Bosco Hospital, Torino, Italy
Lupus 25:479-85. 2016..Identifying APS vascular patients at high risk for thrombotic recurrences is still an unsolved issue...
- Anti-GM1 and anti-sulfatide antibodies in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus, Sjögren's syndrome, mixed cryoglobulinemia and idiopathic systemic vasculitisM Alpa
Centro Multidisciplinare di Ricerche di Immunopatologia e Documentazione su Malattie Rare, Struttura Complessa Direzione Universitaria di Immunologia Clinica, Universita di Torino, Torino, Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 25:556-62. 2007..The possible appearance of these autoantibodies in systemic diseases that are not limited to the nervous system has not been fully addressed yet...
- Prevention of thrombosis relapse in antiphospholipid syndrome patients refractory to conventional therapy using intravenous immunoglobulinS Sciascia
Centro di Ricerche di Immunopatologia e Documentazione su Malattie Rare, Struttura Complessa a Direzione Universitaria di Immunologia Clinica, Ospedale Torino Nord Emergenza San G Bosco ed Università di Torino, Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 30:409-13. 2012..To investigate the long-term effects of megadoses of intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) in a small cohort of patients with relapsing primary APS resistant to conventional treatments...
- Kidney biopsy in pregnancy: evidence for counselling? A systematic narrative reviewG B Piccoli
Struttura Semplice of Nephrology, Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, University of Torino, Turin, Italy
BJOG 120:412-27. 2013..Use of kidney biopsy is controversial, but a systematic review has not been carried out to date...
- Thrombotic recurrences and bleeding events in APS vascular patients: a review from the literature and a comparison with the APS Piedmont CohortM Bazzan
Haematology and Thrombosis Unit, Department of Rare, Immunologic, Hematologic Diseases and Transfusion Medicine, Giovanni Bosco Hospital, Turin, Italy
Autoimmun Rev 12:826-31. 2013..Moreover, there are evidences that high risk (mainly for aPL profile) APS vascular patients have a high recurrence rate in spite of correct OAT treatment. Clinical trials in this clinical setting are needed...
- Structural and functional properties of proteasomes purified from the human kidneySimone Baldovino
CMID, Centro Universitario Multidisciplinare di Ricerche di Immunopatologia e Documentazione su Malattie Rare, Giovanni Bosco Hospital, Turin, Italy
J Nephrol 19:710-6. 2006..This process is enhanced when the proteasome is associated with the polymeric protein 11S regulator/PA28 made up of 4 alfa and 3 beta subunits...
- Genetic factors associated with rheumatoid arthritis and systemic vasculitis: Evaluation of a panel of polymorphismsElisa Menegatti
Department of Experimental Medicine and Oncology, University of Turin, Italy
Dis Markers 27:217-23. 2009..02) coupled with an increase in homozygous c.-1837CC in the NF-kappaB2 gene (p=0.02). Our data suggest that genetic variation in UG and NF-kappaB2 pathways could have effects in connective tissue disease susceptibility...
- Parvovirus B19 and immune disordersAgostino Pugliese
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, Clinical Microbiology University of Turin, Amedeo di Savoia Hospital, Turin, Italy
Cell Biochem Funct 25:639-41. 2007..In fact, most of our patients were affected by a nephropathic or systemic form of HCV+ cryoglobulinemia and the presence of other infective cofactors could be suggestive in the evolution of this clinical situation...
- Mycophenolate mofetil and roscovitine decrease cyclin expression and increase p27(kip1) expression in anti Thy1 mesangial proliferative nephritisM Chiara
Cattedre e Scuola di Specializzazione di Patologia Clinica, Universita di Torino, Torino, Italy
Clin Exp Immunol 139:225-35. 2005..Immunohistochemical evaluation of p27(kip1) aimed to examine the influence of MMF or R on protein expression confirmed up-regulation...
- Rituximab in cryoglobulinemic peripheral neuropathyRoberto Cavallo
SC Neurologia, Ospedale San Giovanni Bosco, Turin, Italy
J Neurol 256:1076-82. 2009..Viral load did not significantly change. Side effects were negligible. In this open prospective study, rituximab appeared to be effective and safe in the treatment of patients with type II cryoglobulinemia-associated neuropathy...
- Clinical accuracy for diagnosis of antiphospholipid syndrome in systemic lupus erythematosus: evaluation of 23 possible combinations of antiphospholipid antibody specificitiesS Sciascia
Lupus Research Unit, The Rayne Institute, Division of Women s Health, King s College London, London, UK
J Thromb Haemost 10:2512-8. 2012....
- Systemic lupus erythematosus and infections: clinical importance of conventional and upcoming biomarkersS Sciascia
Lupus Research Unit, The Rayne Institute, Division of Women s Health, King s College London, UK
Autoimmun Rev 12:157-63. 2012..We reviewed the literature on the available tests to discriminate between SLE activity and infections, focusing on conventional and upcoming biomarkers...
- Migraineurs show a high prevalence of antiphospholipid antibodiesC Cavestro
S Lazzaro Hospital, Headache Center, Alba, Turin, Italy
J Thromb Haemost 9:1350-4. 2011..It has been observed that migraineurs show a higher risk of thrombosis and that the most frequent symptom reported by patients with antiphospholipid syndrome is headache, especially migraine...
- NEMO syndrome (incontinentia pigmenti) and systemic lupus erythematosus: a new disease associationG B Piccoli
Nephrology Unit, Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, San Luigi Hospital, Orbassano, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Lupus 21:675-81. 2012..This report may suggest a role for NF-kB essential modulator in the pathogenesis of SLE, in the context of the complex immunologic deficiencies increasingly associated with autoimmune diseases...
- Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy during cyclosporine treatment. A case reportS Gentile
Divisione di Neurologia, Ospedale Giovanni Bosco, Torino, Italy
Ital J Neurol Sci 17:363-6. 1996..Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy was diagnosed. The literature contains only one report of an analogous case observed during a course of cyclosporine treatment for Wegener's granulomatosis...
- Polymorphism of the uteroglobin gene in systemic lupus erythematosus and IgA nephropathyElisa Menegatti
Dipartimento di Medicina e Oncologia Sperimentale, Cattedre di Patologia Clinica, Universita di Torino, Italy
Lab Invest 82:543-6. 2002..Although the significance of any alterations in the UG exon 1 noncoding region in humans has yet to be clarified, initial evidence suggests that it may alter the control of immune response and of inflammation...
- Minocycline in combination with mycophenolate mofetil in oral mucous membrane pemphigoidMarco Carrozzo
Eur J Dermatol 18:198-200. 2008
- The Italian Registry for Therapeutic Apheresis. A report from the Apheresis Study Group of the Italian Society of NephrologyStefano Passalacqua
Nephrology Department, C I Columbus UCSC, Rome, Italy
J Clin Apher 20:101-6. 2005....
- Thin glomerular basement membrane disease: clinical significance of a morphological diagnosis--a collaborative study of the Italian Renal Immunopathology GroupGiovanni M Frascà
Nephrology, Dialysis and Renal Transplantation Unit, St Orsola University Hospital, V Massarenti 9, 40137 Bologna, Italy
Nephrol Dial Transplant 20:545-51. 2005..This study investigated 51 patients with the morphological diagnosis of TBMD lacking any sign of ATS, with the aim of defining the prevalence of type IV collagen mutations and the course of the disease...
- Nail fold videocapillaroscopy in mixed cryoglobulinaemiaDaniela Rossi
Cattedra di Patologia Clinica, Universita di Torino, e Centro Multidisciplinare di Ricerche di Immunopatologia e Documentazione su Malattie Rare a Direzione Universitaria, ASL4, Piazza Donatore di sangue 3, 10154 Turin, Italy
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:2245-9. 2004..The nutritional circulation that depends on tissue capillaries, can be expected to be significantly impacted in mixed cryoglobulinaemia (MC)...