Affiliation: University of Rome Tor Vergata
- DNA analyses of the remains of the Prince Branciforte Barresi familyO Rickards
Dipartimento di Biologia, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, Via della Ricerca Scientifica n 1, Roma, Italia
Int J Legal Med 114:141-6. 2001....
- Mitochondrial haplogroup H1 in north Africa: an early holocene arrival from IberiaClaudio Ottoni
Department of Biology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 5:e13378. 2010..This process of autochthonous differentiation continues in the Libyan Tuareg who, probably due to isolation and recent founder events, are characterized by village-specific maternal mtDNA lineages...
- mtDNA history of the Cayapa Amerinds of Ecuador: detection of additional founding lineages for the Native American populationsO Rickards
Dipartimento di Biologia, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, Rome Italy
Am J Hum Genet 65:519-30. 1999....
- COL1A2 (type I collagen) polymorphisms in the Colorado Indians of EcuadorC Babalini
Dipartimento di Biologia, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Ann Hum Biol 32:666-78. 2005....
- Genetic population structure of two African-Ecuadorian communities of EsmeraldasC Martinez-Labarga
Department of Biology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
Am J Phys Anthropol 109:159-74. 1999..3% to 58.4%), whereas the proportion of the Amerindian component differs significantly (14.5% in Rio Cayapas to 27.6% in Viche)...
- An analysis of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPAR-gamma 2) Pro12Ala polymorphism distribution and prevalence of type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) in world populations in relation to dietary habitsR Scacchi
CNR Institute of Molecular Biology and Pathology, Rome, Italy
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 17:632-41. 2007..The Ala allele of the Pro12Ala polymorphism has been associated with a protective effect against T2DM. Ala allele frequencies are known for many populations, but data are absent for other interesting human groups...
- Immunoglobulin enhancer HS1,2 polymorphism: a new powerful anthropogenetic markerV Giambra
Dipartamento Biologia E Calef, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, Viale della Ricerca Scientifica, 00133 Rome, Italy
Ann Hum Genet 70:946-50. 2006..Analysis of molecular variance of the allele frequencies indicates that the HS1,2-A polymorphism can be considered as a reliable anthropogenetic marker...
- Combined use of biallelic and microsatellite Y-chromosome polymorphisms to infer affinities among African populationsR Scozzari
Dipartimento di Genetica e Biologia Molecolare, Universita La Sapienza, 00185, Rome, Italy
Am J Hum Genet 65:829-46. 1999..Despite some correspondence between language affiliation and genetic similarity, geographic proximity seems to be a better predictor of genetic affinity...
- Increased frequency of the immunoglobulin enhancer HS1,2 allele 2 in coeliac diseaseD Frezza
Department of Biology, Enrico Calef, Tor Vergata University, IT 00133 Rome, Italy
Scand J Gastroenterol 39:1083-7. 2004..The correlation of the penetrance of the four different alleles of the HS1,2-A enhancer of the LCR-1 3' to C alpha-1 in CD patients compared to a control population was analysed...
- Genetic structure of the population of SicilyO Rickards
Dipartimento di Biologia, , Roma, Italy
Am J Phys Anthropol 87:395-406. 1992..These data indicate a close relationship between Sicily and southern Italy. In addition, the contribution of Middle Eastern populations to the gene pool of Sicily was evident...
- World distribution of the T833C/844INS68 CBS in cis double mutation: a reliable anthropological markerG Pepe
Human Genetics, Department of Biology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
Hum Genet 104:126-9. 1999..The distribution of the double mutation will contribute, with other DNA polymorphisms, to evaluate the genetic admixture of mixed populations such as Afro-Americans...
- New data on the world distribution of paraoxonase (PON1 Gln 192 --> Arg) gene frequenciesR Scacchi
CNR Center of Evolutionary Genetics, Department of Genetics and Molecular Biology, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Hum Biol 75:365-73. 2003..313, 0.248, 0.408, 0.612, and 0.789, respectively. The data show a large variability in allele frequencies, and, in particular, that PON1 allele distribution depends on membership to different geographic populations...
- Analysis of three RFLPs of the COL1A2 (Type I Collagen) in the Amhara and the Oromo of EthiopiaG F De Stefano
Dipartimento di Biologia, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, Italy
Ann Hum Biol 29:432-41. 2002..With the exception of some surveys on the general Ethiopian populations, little is known about the degree of genetic differentiation between the Amhara and the Oromo...
- Analysis of HLA class II haplotypes in the Cayapa Indians of Ecuador: a novel DRB1 allele reveals evidence for convergent evolution and balancing selection at position 86E A Titus-Trachtenberg
Department of Human Genetics, Roche Molecular Systems, Alameda, CA 94618
Am J Hum Genet 55:160-7. 1994..abstract truncated at 250 words)..
- Genetic differentiation in South Amerindians is related to environmental and cultural diversity: evidence from the Y chromosomeE Tarazona-Santos
, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Am J Hum Genet 68:1485-96. 2001..This model is consistent with the linguistic and cultural diversity of South Amerindians, the environmental heterogeneity of the continent, and the available paleoecological data...