Affiliation: University of Bologna
- Complex patterns of gene expression in human T cells during in vivo agingDaniel Remondini
Department of Physics, University of Bologna, Viale Berti Pichat 6 2, 40127 Bologna, Italy
Mol Biosyst 6:1983-92. 2010....
- Multiscale characterization of ageing and cancer progression by a novel network entropy measureGiulia Menichetti
Department of Physics and Astronomy and INFN, Bologna University, Viale B Pichat 6 2, 40127 Bologna, Italy
Mol Biosyst 11:1824-31. 2015....
- Correlation analysis reveals the emergence of coherence in the gene expression dynamics following system perturbationNicola Neretti
Institute for Brain and Neural Systems, Brown University, Providence RI, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 8:S16. 2007....
- Reconstructing networks of pathways via significance analysis of their intersectionsMirko Francesconi
Centro Interdipartimentale L, Galvani, Universita di Bologna, Bologna 40127, Italy
BMC Bioinformatics 9:S9. 2008..Pathway or gene ontology analysis can provide an alternative way to relax the significance threshold applied to single genes and may lead to a better biological interpretation...
- Trends in modeling Biomedical Complex SystemsLuciano Milanesi
Institute of Biomedical Technology, National Research Council, Milan, Italy
BMC Bioinformatics 10:I1. 2009....
- Age-dependent effects of in vitro radiofrequency exposure (mobile phone) on CD95+ T helper human lymphocytesMiriam Capri
CIG, Interdepartmental Center L Galvani, University of Bologna, Italy
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1067:493-9. 2006..This age-related result is noteworthy given the importance of a such molecule in regulation of the immune response...
- Molecular remodeling of potassium channels in fibroblasts from centenarians: a marker of longevity?Isabella Zironi
Department of Physics, University of Bologna, 40127 Bologna, Italy
Mech Ageing Dev 131:674-81. 2010..The maintenance of "young" K(+) currents and the peculiar age-related remodeling of K(+) channel subtypes in centenarian's DF is likely associated with successful aging and might provide a predictive marker of longevity...
- Stochastic neutral modelling of the Gut Microbiota's relative species abundance from next generation sequencing dataClaudia Sala
Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Bologna, Bologna, 40127, Italy
BMC Bioinformatics 17:16. 2016..relying on population dynamics and was proved to fit the coral-reefs and rain forests RSA. Our aim is to ascertain if this model also describes the Microbiota RSA and if it can help in explaining the Microbiota plasticity...
- 50 Hz sinusoidal magnetic fields do not affect human lymphocyte activation and proliferation in vitroMiriam Capri
Department of Experimental Pathology, Via S Giacomo 12, University of Bologna, 40126 Bologna, Italy
Phys Biol 1:211-9. 2004..Thus, the conclusions are that two important functional phases of human lymphocytes, such as activation and proliferation, are not affected by exposures to 50 Hz magnetic fields similar to those found under power lines...
- ELF magnetic fields tuned to ion parametric resonance conditions do not affect TEA-sensitive voltage-dependent outward K(+) currents in a human neural cell lineEntelë Gavoçi
Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Bioelectromagnetics 34:579-88. 2013..However, this is not a direct disprove of the hypothesis, which should be investigated on other ion channels and at single channel levels also...
- Genomic imbalances associated with secondary acute leukemias in Hodgkin lymphomaGianluca Brusa
Istituto di Ematologia e Oncologia Medica Lorenzo e Ariosto Serágnoli, Università di Bologna Medical School, 40138 Bologna, Italy
Oncol Rep 18:1427-34. 2007..Immunohistochemistry confirmed aCGH results and distinguished the distribution of either amplified or deleted gene products in neoplastic Reed Sternberg (RS) cells and non-neoplastic lymph node components...
- Pooled genome-wide analysis to identify novel risk loci for pediatric allergic asthmaGiampaolo Ricci
Pediatric Unit, Department of Gynecologic, Obstetric and Pediatric Sciences, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
PLoS ONE 6:e16912. 2011..No such study was up to now applied to childhood allergic asthma, even if the very high complexity of asthma genetics is an appropriate field to explore the potential of pooled GWAS approach...
- Effects of 50 Hz sinusoidal magnetic fields on Hsp27, Hsp70, Hsp90 expression in porcine aortic endothelial cells (PAEC)Chiara Bernardini
Department of Veterinary Morphophysiology and Animal Production DIMORFIPA, Bologna University, Via Tolara di Sopra 50, 40064 Ozzano dell Emilia, Bologna, Italy
Bioelectromagnetics 28:231-7. 2007..Analysis in situ by immunofluorescence revealed that ELF-MF exposure affected the cellular distribution of Hsp27; in particular a partial relocalization in the nucleus was observed...
- Statistical strategies and stochastic predictive models for the MARK-AGE dataEnrico Giampieri
Interdepartmental Center Galvani CIG, via Selmi, 3 University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy Physics and Astronomy Department, Viale Berti Pichat 6 2, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy Electronic address
Mech Ageing Dev 151:45-53. 2015..We also include a description of the main techniques used, to explain and justify the selected strategies. Among other possibilities, we suggest to model and analyze the data with a three step strategy. ..
- Network, degeneracy and bow tie. Integrating paradigms and architectures to grasp the complexity of the immune systemPaolo Tieri
Interdept, Center Luigi Galvani for Bioinformatics, Biophysics and Biocomplexity CIG, University of Bologna, Via F, Selmi 3, 40126 Bologna, Italy
Theor Biol Med Model 7:32. 2010..e. the capacity to turn an apparently chaotic and highly dynamic set of signals into functional information...
- Gene expression changes in human cells after exposure to mobile phone microwavesDaniel Remondini
University of Bologna, Department of Physics, Bologna, Italy
Proteomics 6:4745-54. 2006..However, following microwave exposure, some but not all human cells might react with an increase in expression of genes encoding ribosomal proteins and therefore up-regulating the cellular metabolism...
- Role of connectivity in immune and neural network models: memory development and agingDaniel Remondini
Dipartimento di Fisica, Universita di Bologna, Via Berti Pichat 6, 40127 Bologna, Italy
Riv Biol 96:225-39. 2003..Moreover, changes in connectivity may lead to changes in memory properties during development and aging...
- Weighted multiplex networksGiulia Menichetti
Department of Physics and Astronomy and INFN Sez Bologna, Bologna University, Bologna, Italy
PLoS ONE 9:e97857. 2014..Finally, we introduce a theoretical framework based on the entropy of multiplex ensembles to quantify the information stored in multiplex networks that would remain undetected if the single layers were analyzed in isolation. ..
- Correlations between weights and overlap in ensembles of weighted multiplex networksGiulia Menichetti
Department of Physics and Astronomy and INFN Sez Bologna, Bologna University, Viale B Pichat 6 2 40127 Bologna, Italy
Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys 90:062817. 2014..In order to provide a concrete example of how this framework apply to real data we consider a multiplex constructed from gene expression data of healthy and cancer tissues. ..
- Turning on stem cell cardiogenesis with extremely low frequency magnetic fieldsCarlo Ventura
Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Stem Cell Engineering, National Institute of Biostructures and Biosystems, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
FASEB J 19:155-7. 2005....
- Lifelong maintenance of composition, function and cellular/subcellular distribution of proteasomes in human liverElena Bellavista
Interdepartmental Centre L Galvani for Integrated Studies on Biophysics, Bioinformatics and Biocomplexity CIG, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, 40126 Bologna, Italy Department of Experimental, Diagnostic and Specialty Medicine DIMES, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, 40126 Bologna, Italy Electronic address
Mech Ageing Dev 141:26-34. 2014..Gender differences are emerging and they deserve further investigations owing to the different aging trajectories between men and women. Finally, our data support the safe use of livers from old donors for transplantation. ..