Affiliation: University of Milano-Bicocca
- Experiences of Discrimination, Harassment, and Violence in a Sample of Italian Transsexuals Who Have Undergone Sex-Reassignment SurgeryAntonio Prunas
University of Milano Bicocca, Italy Associazione Italiana Sessuologia e Psicologia Applicata, Milan, Italy Ospedale Niguarda Cà Granda, Milano, Italy
J Interpers Violence . 2016..Our results show that Italian society at large is prejudiced against transsexuals, but at a more "micro" level, having a trans person as a family member might result in a protective and tolerant attitude...
- Defensive functioning and psychopathology: a study with the REM-71Antonio Prunas
Department of Psychology, University of Milan Bicocca, Piazza dell Ateneo Nuovo, 1, 20126, Milan, Italy Electronic address
Compr Psychiatry 55:1696-702. 2014..Furthermore, we explored the concurrent validity of REM-71 as compared with "caseness" (SCL-90-R)...
- Defensive functioning in MtF and FtM transsexualsAntonio Prunas
Department of Psychology, Milan Bicocca State University, Milan, Italy Italian Association for Sexuology and Applied Psychology Associazione Italiana Sessuologia e Psicologia Applicata, AISPA, Milan, Italy Personality Disorders Lab, Parma, Italy Electronic address
Compr Psychiatry 55:966-71. 2014..Our results support the hypothesis that MtF transsexuals are characterized by higher proneness to psychopathology than the general population and show a more immature level of psychological functioning than FtM transsexuals. ..
- Psychometric properties of the Italian version of the SCL-90-R: a study on a large community sampleAntonio Prunas
Department of Psychology, Milan Bicocca State University, Milano, Italy
Eur Psychiatry 27:591-7. 2012....
- The Italian version of the Response Evaluation Measure-71Antonio Prunas
Department of Psychology, University of Milan Bicocca, Milan, Italy
Compr Psychiatry 50:369-77. 2009....
- [Short-term psychological consequences of car accidents: an empirical study]Antonio Prunas
Dipartimento di Psicologia, Universita di Milano Bicocca, Milano
Riv Psichiatr 44:409-17. 2009..Aim of this study is to investigate short-term (3 and 5 months) psychological consequences of severe motor-vehicle accidents...
- Prevalence of Axis II disorders in a sample of clients undertaking psychiatric evaluation for sex reassignment surgeryFabio Madeddu
Dipartimento di Psicologia, Universita degli Studi di Milano Bicocca, Edificio U6, Piazza dell Ateneo Nuovo 1, 20126, Milan, Italy
Psychiatr Q 80:261-7. 2009..Our data offers prevalence estimates slightly higher than those found in previous studies and does not provide evidence for any differences in the psychopathological profile and severity between MtF and FtM transsexuals...
- The burden of distress in caregivers of elderly demented patients and its relationship with coping strategiesValentina E Di Mattei
Clinical and Health Psychology Unit Department of Clinical Neurosciences, San Raffaele Turro Hospital, Milan, Italy
Neurol Sci 29:383-9. 2008....