Affiliation: University of Verona
- The ALBA project: an evaluation of needs, management, fears of Italian young patients with type 1 diabetes in a school setting and an evaluation of parents' and teachers' perceptionsLeonardo Pinelli
Regional Center for Juvenile Diabetes, Department Life and Reproduction, Section of Pediatrics, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Pediatr Diabetes 12:485-93. 2011..A further aim was an investigation into the responsibilities and training of school personnel regarding diabetes...
- Teaching children with diabetes about adequate dietary choicesClaudio Maffeis
Section of Pediatrics, Department of Mother and Child, Biology Genetics, University of Verona, Piazza LA Scuro 10, Verona 37134, Italy
Br J Nutr 99:S33-9. 2008..A good balance between eating for pleasure and maintaining one's health is a challenge for anyone. Appropriate nutritional education helps children with diabetes to find this balance and enjoy a better quality of life...
- Insulin pump therapy in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes: the Italian viewpointLeonardo Pinelli
Childhood Diabetes Unit, University of Verona, Italy
Acta Biomed 79:57-64. 2008..A panel of experts of the Italian Society of Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetology translated into Italian the international insulin pump therapy recommendations in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes...
- A high-fat vs. a moderate-fat meal in obese boys: nutrient balance, appetite, and gastrointestinal hormone changesClaudio Maffeis
Regional Center for Juvenile Diabetes, Department of Mother and Child, Biology Genetics, Section of Pediatrics, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Obesity (Silver Spring) 18:449-55. 2010..Gastrointestinal hormones were not related to clinically assessed hunger suppression after both meals...
- Fasting plasma glucose (FPG) and the risk of impaired glucose tolerance in obese children and adolescentsClaudio Maffeis
Regional Centre for Juvenile Diabetes, Department of Mother and Child, Biology Genetics, Section of Pediatrics, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Obesity (Silver Spring) 18:1437-42. 2010..A gender/puberty independent cutoff of FPG may be considered a screening tool to narrow clinical indication to OGTT in obese white children and adolescents...
- A novel synonymous substitution in the GCK gene causes aberrant splicing in an Italian patient with GCK-MODY phenotypeSilvia Costantini
Regional Center for Pediatric Diabetes, ULSS 20 and University of Verona, Department of Life and Reproduction Sciences, Section of Pediatrics, Verona, Italy
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 92:e23-6. 2011..459T>G; p.Pro153Pro) resulting in an aberrant transcript lacking the last eight codons of the same exon. Our findings emphazise the importance of not underestimating synonymous variations when screening for disease-causing mutations...
- The Q121 variant of ENPP1 may protect from childhood overweight/obesity in the Italian populationAnita Morandi
1Department of Mother and Child, Biology Genetics, Section of Pediatrics, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:202-6. 2009..The two other SNPs and the QdelTG haplotype did not exhibit any association with overweight/obesity. This is the first child-based study showing a protective role of the 121Q variant of ENPP1 against overweight/obesity...