Affiliation: University of Pisa
- Different media and supplements modulate the clonogenic and expansion properties of rabbit bone marrow mesenchymal stem cellsSimone Lapi
Cell Biology and Tissue Regeneration Laboratory, University of Pisa, Italy
BMC Res Notes 1:53. 2008..The study presented herein aims to investigate the biological properties of bone marrow rabbit MSCs cultured in different conditions, in order to provide a basis for their clinical applications in veterinary medicine...
- Images in cardiovascular medicine. Human atherosclerotic plaques contain gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase enzyme activityAldo Paolicchi
Department of Experimental Pathology, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Circulation 109:1440. 2004
- Beta-lipoprotein- and LDL-associated serum gamma-glutamyltransferase in patients with coronary atherosclerosisAldo Paolicchi
Department of Experimental Pathology, Dip di Patologia Sperimentale and B M I E, University of Pisa Medical School, Scuola Medica, Via Roma 55, 56126 Pisa, Italy
Atherosclerosis 186:80-5. 2006..05) and healthy subjects with elevated serum GGT (p<0.01). In addition, a relative decrease of total serum GGT was observed in CAD subjects of older age as compared to younger ones (p<0.005)...
- Gamma-glutamyltransferase in fine-needle liver biopsies of subjects with chronic hepatitis CA Paolicchi
Dipartimento di Patologia Sperimentale, Sezione di Patologia Generale e Clinica, Universita di Pisa, Pisa, Italy
J Viral Hepat 12:269-73. 2005....
- Metyrapone modulation of tyrosine aminotransferase induction by dexamethasone in cultured hepatocytesR Tongiani
Istituto di Patologia Generale, Universita di Pisa, Italy
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 166:801-6. 1990..The dexamethasone activity amplification by metyrapone could be the consequence of a modulation of the glucocorticoid biotransformations due to the cytochrome P-450 inhibitor...
- Expression of gamma-glutamyltransferase in cancer cells and its significance in drug resistanceA Pompella
Department of Experimental Pathology BMIE, University of Pisa Medical School, Italy
Biochem Pharmacol 71:231-8. 2006..The present commentary is a survey of data concerning the role of GGT in tumor cell biology and the mechanisms of its potential involvement in tumor drug resistance...
- Hepatocellular adenoma: imaging findings and pathological correlationS Giusti
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University of Pisa, Via Roma 67, 56127 Pisa, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 37:200-5. 2005..Eventually, imaging findings were correlated with histopathological analysis, which confirmed the diagnosis of a 18 cm x 16 cm hepatocellular adenoma...
- Detection of colorectal liver metastases: prospective comparison of unenhanced and ferumoxides-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging at 1.5 T, dual-phase spiral CT, and spiral CT during arterial portographyR Lencioni
Department of Oncology, University of Pisa, Italy
MAGMA 7:76-87. 1998..Further investigation is needed to clarify whether MR imaging with use of ferumoxides might replace spiral CTAP for preoperative evaluation of liver resection candidates...
- Antioxidant capacity and protein oxidation in cerebrospinal fluid of amyotrophic lateral sclerosisG Siciliano
Dept of Neuroscience Neurological clinic, University of Pisa, Via Roma 67, 56126, Pisa, Italy
J Neurol 254:575-80. 2007....
- Prognostic value of serum gamma-glutamyl transferase activity after myocardial infarctionM Emdin
CNR Institute of Clinical Physiology, National Research Council, Pisa, Italy
Eur Heart J 22:1802-7. 2001..CONCLUSION: gamma-GT is an independent cardiac risk factor in ischaemic patients with established coronary atherosclerosis and previous myocardial infarction...
- Endogenous oxidative stress induces distinct redox forms of tumor necrosis factor receptor-1 in melanoma cellsS Dominici
Department of Experimental Pathology, University of Pisa Medical School, Via Roma 55, 56126 Pisa, Italy
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1030:62-8. 2004..As GGT is frequently expressed by malignant tumors, the described phenomena might concur to alter the sensitivity of cancer cells to agents targeted on activation of TNF-alpha-dependent signaling pathways...
- The determination of S-nitrosothiols in biological samples--procedures, problems and precautionsE Bramanti
Institute for Chemico Physical Processes, National Research Council CNR, Pisa, Italy
Life Sci 88:126-9. 2011..The use of metal chelators, thiol reagents and GGT inhibitors appears therefore mandatory...
- 3,5,3'-Triiodothyronine deprivation affects phenotype and intracellular [Ca2+]i of human cardiomyocytes in cultureF Forini
Istituto di Fisiologia Clinica C N R, Via Moruzzi 1, 56100, Pisa, Italy
Cardiovasc Res 51:322-30. 2001..As phenotypic and functional cardiomyocyte impairments are alterations that correlate with the failing myocardium, we studied the long-term effects of T3 deprivation on human cardiomyocyte structure and calcium handling...
- Gamma-glutamyltransferase induction by dexamethasone in cytochrome P-450-depleted rat liverR Tongiani
Istituto di Patologia Generale, , Scuola Medica, Italy
Biosci Rep 10:437-44. 1990..The phenomenon may be consequent on hormone biotransformation changes caused by the cytochrome P-450 depletion...
- gamma-Glutamyl transpeptidase catalyses the extracellular detoxification of cisplatin in a human cell line derived from the proximal convoluted tubule of the kidneyA Paolicchi
Dipartimento di Patologia Sperimentale, sez Patologia Generale e Clinica, Universita di Pisa, Via Roma 55, Pisa, Italy
Eur J Cancer 39:996-1003. 2003....
- Mechanisms for reduction of endothelial activation by oleate: inhibition of nuclear factor-kappaB through antioxidant effectsM Massaro
Laboratory for Thrombosis and Vascular Research, CNR Institute of Clinical Physiology, Pisa, Italy
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 67:175-81. 2002..Oleate prevented the stimulated depletion of GSH without any change in the activity of antioxidant enzymes. These results suggest an antioxidant mechanism by which oleate may exert direct vascular atheroprotective effects...
- Dexamethasone induction of gamma-glutamyl transferase in primary cultures of hepatocytes is enhanced by metyraponeA Paolicchi
Dipartimento di Biomedicina Sperimentale, , Italy
Res Commun Chem Pathol Pharmacol 70:49-60. 1990..These phenomena may be triggered by a modulation of the glucocorticoid biotransformation effective at both transcriptional and translational levels...