Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Chieti
- Acute akinesia or akinetic crisis in Parkinson's diseaseA Thomas
Department of Neurophysiopathology, Movement Disorder Center, Department of Oncology and Neuroscience, University G D Annunzio, Chieti Pescara, Italy
Neurol Sci 24:219-20. 2003..In all patients a definite refractoriness to therapy was shown with a transient lack of response to apomorphine...
- Event related potentials recorded in patients with locked-in syndromeM Onofrj
Department of Neurology, University of Chieti, Italy
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 63:759-64. 1997..To determine the possibility of recording "cognitive" event related potentials (ERPs) in locked-in patients and therefore to determine whether ERPs can have a role in differential diagnosis of coma...
- Optic neuritis with residual tunnel vision in perchloroethylene toxicityM Onofrj
University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy or
J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 36:603-7. 1998..Visual disturbances consisted of complete blindness for 9 days in the left eye, for 11 days in the right eye, with bright phosphenes and pain on eye rotation. Only central (2-3 degrees radius) vision recovered in the following months...
- Olanzapine in severe Gilles de la Tourette syndrome: a 52-week double-blind cross-over study vs. low-dose pimozideM Onofrj
Dipartimento di Oncologia e Neuroscienze, Universita G D Annunzio, Ospedale Civile, Italy
J Neurol 247:443-6. 2000..At the end of the study all patients opted for olanzapine treatment...
- Switch-over from tolcapone to entacapone in severe Parkinson's disease patientsM Onofrj
Department of Oncology and Neuroscience, Neurophysiopathology, University G D Annunzio, via Fonte Romano, I 65100 Pescara, Italy
Eur Neurol 46:11-6. 2001....
- Persistent genital arousal disorder associated with functional hyperconnectivity of an epileptic focusF Anzellotti
Department of Oncology and Neuroscience, Aging Research Centre, CeSI, G d Annunzio University Foundation, G D Annunzio University, Chieti, Italy
Neuroscience 167:88-96. 2010..Treatment completely abolished PGAD symptoms and functional hyperconnectivity. The functional hyperconnectivity found in the neuronal network including the epileptic focus could suggest a possible central mechanism for PGAD...
- Duration of amantadine benefit on dyskinesia of severe Parkinson's diseaseA Thomas
Neurophysiopathology, Movement Disorders Centre, Department of Oncology and Neuroscience, Universita G D Annunzio, Chieti Pescara, Pescara, Italy
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 75:141-3. 2004..A double-blind study programmed over 12 months was designed to assess the duration of the antidyskinetic effect of amantadine on levodopa induced dyskinesia...
- Neuromagnetic responses reveal the cortical timing of audiovisual synchronyR Franciotti
Department of Neuroscience and Imaging, G D Annunzio University, Chieti, Italy
Neuroscience 193:182-92. 2011..In addition, in the AMB condition the conscious awareness of asynchrony might be associated to a later activation of the primary auditory cortex...
- Long half-life and prolonged-release dopamine receptor agonists: a review of ropinirole prolonged-release studiesM Onofrj
Department of Oncology and Neurosciences, University G D Annunzio, Chieti Pescara, Italy
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 15:S85-92. 2009..The study with ropinirole as an add-on to L-dopa showed a reduced incidence of dyskinesias...
- Improvement of motor function in early Parkinson disease by safinamideF Stocchi
Department of Neuroscience and IRCCS Neuromed Pozzilli IS, Disorders Centre, Department of Neuroscience, Universita G D Annunzio, Chieti Pescara, Pescara, Italy
Neurology 63:746-8. 2004..7-point motor score decrease; p > or = 0.05). These results suggest that doses of SAF exerting ion channel block and glutamate release inhibition add to its symptomatic effect and warrant exploration of higher doses...
- Visual hallucinations in Parkinson's disease: clues to separate originsM Onofrj
Neurophysiopathology, Movement Disorders Center, Department of Oncology and Neuroscience, University G D Annunzio Chieti Pescara, Italy
J Neurol Sci 248:143-50. 2006..Our studies support a recently proposed integrative model of VH, and show that the neural circuits purported to explain VH must include the retinal dopaminergic system and the REM sleep regulatory system...
- Donepezil, rivastigmine, and vitamin E in Alzheimer disease: a combined P300 event-related potentials/neuropsychologic evaluation over 6 monthsA Thomas
Department of Oncology and Neuroscience, Institute of Neurophysiopathology, University G. D'Annunzio, Pescara, Italy
Clin Neuropharmacol 24:31-42. 2001..Combined P300 and neuropsychologic test evaluation significantly separated DPZ-treated patients and Riv-treated patients from vitamin E-treated patients...
- Visual hallucinations in PD and Lewy body dementias: old and new hypothesesM Onofrj
Department of Neuroscience and Imaging, University G d Annunzio of Chieti Pescara, Chieti, Italy Aging Research Center, G d Annunzio University Foundation, Chieti, Italy
Behav Neurol 27:479-93. 2013..We review the different methods used to classify VH and discuss reports supporting or challenging the different hypothetical mechanisms of VH. ..
- Age-related changes of evoked potentialsM Onofrj
Department of Oncology and Neuroscience, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
Neurophysiol Clin 31:83-103. 2001..Different techniques as event-related desynchronization (ERD), contingent negative variation (CNV) and Bereitschaftspotential, are available to study central neuronal changes in normal and pathologic ageing...
- Clinically evidenced unilateral dissociation of saccades and pursuit eye movementsM Onofrj
Neurophysiopathology, University Chieti Pescara, Pescara, Italy
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 75:1048-50. 2004..Clinical observations were confirmed by magnetic field scleral search coils analysis. During the vertical eye movement the patient denied any diplopia, thus suggesting a transient visual suppression in the left eye...
- Low- and high-frequency evoked responses following pattern reversal stimuli: a MEG study supported by fMRI constraintB Perfetti
Department of Clinical Sciences and Bioimaging, University of Chieti, and ITAB, Fondazione Universita G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
Neuroimage 35:1152-67. 2007....
- Combined rehabilitation program for postural instability in progressive supranuclear palsyL Di Pancrazio
Department of Human Movement, G D Annunzio University, Chieti, Italy
NeuroRehabilitation 32:855-60. 2013..The clinical response to L-dopa is poor and there is strong need for alternative treatment strategies...
- Reversible parkinsonism induced by prolonged treatment with valproateM Onofrj
Dipartimento di Oncologia e Neuroscienze, Clinica Neurologica, Chieti, Italy
J Neurol 245:794-6. 1998..Parkinsonism disappeared in less than 3 months after VPA substitution with carbamazepine...
- Delayed and pseudodelayed visual evoked potentials in optic neuritis compared with long time echo-short tau inversion recovery magnetic resonance imaging of optic nerveM Onofrj
Department of Neurology, State University of Chieti, Chieti, Italy
Electroencephalogr Clin Neurophysiol 100:275-86. 1996..There was no correlation between latency of VEPs and length of plaques. Our study addresses some reconsiderations of the pathophysiology of conduction delay in acute optic neuritis...
- Peripheral cytokines profile in Parkinson's diseaseM Reale
Department of Oncology and Neuroscience, University G D Annunzio Chieti Pescara, Italy
Brain Behav Immun 23:55-63. 2009..The overall results strengthen and extend the knowledge of the peripheral dysregulation in the cytokine network associated with PD...
- Mirtazapine induces REM sleep behavior disorder (RBD) in parkinsonismM Onofrj
Department of Oncology and Neuroscience, University G D Annunzio, Pescara, Italy
Neurology 60:113-5. 2003..These disturbances resolved with drug discontinuation, and remained resolved by 12- to 24-month follow-up, suggesting that RBD can be triggered by a drug lacking anticholinergic activity...
- Recurrent and fatal akinetic crisis in genetic-mitochondrial parkinsonismsL Bonanni
Neurology Clinic, Ospedale Clinicizzato, Chieti, Italy Department of Neuroscience and Imaging, Aging Research Center, University G d Annunzio of Chieti Pescara, Chieti, Italy
Eur J Neurol 21:1242-6. 2014..It occurs with an incidence of 3‰ Parkinson's disease patients per year, but it is not known whether genetically determined parkinsonism is more or less susceptible to this complication...
- Ascertainment bias in dementias: a secondary to tertiary centre analysis in Central Italy and conceptual reviewL Bonanni
Institute of Neurology G d Annunzio University Chieti Pescara and Aging Research Center, Ce S I University Foundation Chieti, Chieti, Italy
Aging Clin Exp Res 25:265-74. 2013....
- Hemispheric lateralization in top-down attention during spatial relation processing: a Granger causal model approachN W Falasca
BIND Behavioral Imaging and Neural Dynamics Center, University of Chieti Pescara, Chieti, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 41:914-24. 2015....
- Symptomatic REM sleep behaviour disorderA Thomas
Neurophysiopathology, Movement Disorders Center, University G D Annunzio Chieti and Pescara, Italy, Via Fonte Romane, I 65124, Pescara, Italy
Neurol Sci 28:S21-36. 2007..Controversial findings, flaws in categorisation and hypothetical aetiological mechanisms are also discussed...
- Psychophysical distress and alexithymic traits in chronic fatigue syndrome with and without comorbid depressionG Sepede
Department of Neuroscience and Imaging, University of Chieti, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 24:1017-25. 2011..These findings suggest an urgent need to address and treat depressive disorders in the clinical care of CFS cases, to improve social functioning and quality of life in such patients...
- Severe outcome of pharyngeal-cervical-brachial pure motor axonal neuropathyL Bonanni
Department of Neurology, University G D Annunzio of Chieti Pescara and Aging Research Center, Ce S I, Gabriele D Annunzio University Foundation, Italy
Open Neurol J 4:1-4. 2010..Normal reflexes, F waves and action potentials were elicited in lower limbs. Despite i.v. Immunoglobulin treatment no recovery was observed and both patients died within a year from onset of symptoms...
- Cortical rhythms reactivity in AD, LBD and normal subjects: a quantitative MEG studyR Franciotti
Department of Clinical Sciences and Bioimaging, University of Chieti, Italy ITAB, G d Annunzio University Foundation, Chieti, Italy
Neurobiol Aging 27:1100-9. 2006..These results suggest that investigations on rhythms reactivity and spectral coherence might help on the study of the dementias with different etiology...
- Amantadine for dyskinesia in patients affected by severe Parkinson's diseaseC Paci
Neurophysiopathology Service, G. D'Annunzio University, Pescara, Italy
Neurol Sci 22:75-6. 2001..5). In the two patients with hyperthemia amantadine was reintroduced; after four days hyperthermia subsided and amantadine was finally tapered over 15 days without further adverse reactions...
- Incidence of RBD and hallucination in patients affected by Parkinson's disease: 8-year follow-upM Onofrj
Department of Oncology and Neuroscience Neurophysiopathology, G D Annunzio University, Ospedale Civile di Pescara, via Fonte Romana, I 65124 Pescara, Italy
Neurol Sci 23:S91-4. 2002..However, the presence of REM sleep behavioral disorder (RBD) was significantly related to the development of hallucinations,independently of age, gender or duration of disease but dependent on the amount of dopaminoagonist treatment...
- Optimizing levodopa pharmacokinetics in Parkinson's disease: the role of COMT inhibitorF Stocchi
IRRCS Neuromed, Pozzilli Is, Italy
Neurol Sci 24:217-8. 2003
- Combining entacapone with levodopa/DDCI improves clinical status and quality of life in Parkinson's Disease (PD) patients experiencing wearing-off, regardless of the dosing frequency: results of a large multicentre open-label studyM Onofrj
Servizio di Neurofisiopatologia, Pescara, Italy
J Neural Transm (Vienna) 111:1053-63. 2004....
- Health-related quality of life in epilepsy: findings obtained with a new Italian instrumentAda Piazzini
Epilepsy Center, St Paolo Hospital, Milan, Italy
Epilepsy Behav 13:119-26. 2008..We believe that a new specific questionnaire for the evaluation of HRQOL in Italy can contribute much to the understanding of the influence of epilepsy on patients' lives...