Affiliation: University of Pisa
- Efficacy of brief dynamic psychotherapy for children with emotional disordersFilippo Muratori
IRCCS Stella Maris, University of Pisa, Italy
Psychother Psychosom 71:28-38. 2002....
- A two-year follow-up of psychodynamic psychotherapy for internalizing disorders in childrenFilippo Muratori
University of Pisa, Italy
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 42:331-9. 2003..To evaluate short- and long-term effects of time-limited psychodynamic psychotherapy (PP) for children with internalizing disorders...
- Non-pharmacological treatments in autism spectrum disorders: an overview on early interventions for pre-schoolersAntonio Narzisi
Division of Child Neurology and Psychiatry, University of Pisa, Stella Maris Scientific Institute, Via dei Giacinti, 2, I 56018 Calambrone Pisa, Italy
Curr Clin Pharmacol 9:17-26. 2014....
- Childhood psychopathological antecedents in early onset schizophreniaF Muratori
University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Eur Psychiatry 20:309-14. 2005..To describe the premorbid state of early onset schizophrenia (EOS)...
- The CBCL 1.5-5 and the identification of preschoolers with autism in ItalyF Muratori
Division of Child Neurology and Psychiatry, Stella Maris Scientific Institute, University of Pisa, Italy
Epidemiol Psychiatr Sci 20:329-38. 2011..To study the potential use of child behaviour checklist (CBCL) 1.5-5 scales for the early identification of preschoolers at risk of autism...
- Internalizing and externalizing conditions in adolescent anorexiaFilippo Muratori
Division of Child Neuropsychiatry, Scientific Institute Stella Maris, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Psychopathology 37:92-7. 2004..To identify the prevalence of internalizing and externalizing conditions in referred anorexic adolescents...
- Neuropsychological profile in high functioning autism spectrum disordersAntonio Narzisi
Division of Child Neurology and Psychiatry, Stella Maris Scientific Institute, University of Pisa, Via dei Giacinti, 2, 56018, Calambrone, Pisa, Italy
J Autism Dev Disord 43:1895-909. 2013..These widespread neuropsychological impairments reflect alterations in multiple cognitive domains in HFASD. ..
- Search superiority in autism within, but not outside the crowding regimeStefano Baldassi
Dipartimento di Psicologia, Universita di Firenze, Firenze, Italy Associazione Italiana di Scienze della Visione, Cascina, Pisa, Italy
Vision Res 49:2151-6. 2009....
- Neuropsychological functioning in children and adolescents with restrictive-type anorexia nervosa: an in-depth investigation with NEPSY-IISara Calderoni
Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico Fondazione Stella Maris, Pisa, Italy
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 35:167-79. 2013..This profile of marginally impaired and enhanced performance was independent from illness duration and starvation degree, suggesting that it may preexist and represent a vulnerability factor for the disease onset...
- How young children treat objects and people: an empirical study of the first year of life in autismSandra Maestro
University of Pisa, Italy
Child Psychiatry Hum Dev 35:383-96. 2005..To figure out features of autism before the age of one and to explore the pathways of early social and nonsocial attention in autism through home movies...
- Efficacy of a multimodal treatment for disruptive behavior disorders in children and adolescents: focus on internalizing problemsGabriele Masi
IRCCS Stella Maris, Scientific Institute of Child Neurology and Psychiatry, viale del Tirreno 331, Calambrone, Pisa, Italy
Psychiatry Res 219:617-24. 2014..Rate of use of mental health services and scholastic failure were reduced in the MTP. It is suggested that the improvement of the Internalizing symptoms is a crucial component of the therapeutic process in this MTP...
- Autism-epilepsy phenotype with macrocephaly suggests PTEN, but not GLIALCAM, genetic screeningMaria Marchese
Clinical Neurophysiology Laboratory, IRCCS Stella Maris Foundation, viale del Tirreno 331, Pisa, Calambrone 56128, Italy
BMC Med Genet 15:26. 2014....
- Fusiform gyrus responses to neutral and emotional faces in children with autism spectrum disorders: a high density ERP studyFabio Apicella
Stella Maris Scientific Institute, Viale Del Tirreno, 331, I 56018, Calambrone, Pisa, Italy
Behav Brain Res 251:155-62. 2013..Nevertheless, there is need of further investigation...
- Child Behavior Check List 1½-5 as a tool to identify toddlers with autism spectrum disorders: a case-control studyAntonio Narzisi
Division of Child Neurology and Psychiatry, Stella Maris Scientific Institute, Pisa, Italy
Res Dev Disabil 34:1179-89. 2013..Its high sensitivity and specificity, coupled with its efficiency in terms of time and cost, suggest this broadband tool should be tested in a pilot screening survey of toddlers in the general population...
- Development and evaluation of a social robot platform for therapy in autismDaniele Mazzei
Faculty of Engineering, University of Pisa, Interdepartmental Research Center E Piaggio, Italy
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2011:4515-8. 2011..Preliminary results demonstrate that the platform is well accepted by ASDs and can be consequently used as novel therapy for social skills training...
- Denial of symptoms and psychopathology in adolescent anorexia nervosaValentina Viglione
Division of Child Neuropsychiatry, Stella Maris Scientific Institute, Pisa, Italy
Psychopathology 39:255-60. 2006..To evaluate the psychopathological status and denial of symptoms in a sample of 38 consecutively admitted adolescents with anorexia nervosa (AN)...
- Neural correlates of texture and contour integration in children with autism spectrum disordersFrancesca Pei
Associazione Italiana di Scienze della Visione, Cascina, Pisa, Italy
Vision Res 49:2140-50. 2009..Within this framework, the residual ability to detect contours shown in psychophysical studies could be due to the contribution of the texture mechanism to contour processing...
- Managing bipolar youths in a psychiatric inpatient emergency serviceGabriele Masi
IRCCS Stella Maris, Scientific Institute of Child Neurology and Psychiatry, Via dei Giacinti 2, 56018 Calambrone, Pisa, Italy
Child Psychiatry Hum Dev 42:1-11. 2011..In summary, BD in emergency settings may represent a subtype with clinical and therapeutic peculiarities, and specific challenges for mental health services...
- Present and previous psychopathology of juvenile onset migraine: a pilot investigation by Child Behavior ChecklistFrancesco Salvadori
Division of Child Neurology and Psychiatry, Scientific Institute Stella Maris, Department of Neurosciences, University of Pisa, Via dei Giacinti 2, I 56018, Calambrone, Pisa, Italy
J Headache Pain 8:35-42. 2007..Children later diagnosed as having migraine differ from CG in several scales during different age periods. Migraine could be considered as the expression of a previous vulnerability...
- Aripiprazole monotherapy in children and young adolescents with pervasive developmental disorders: a retrospective studyGabriele Masi
IRCCS Stella Maris, Scientific Institute of Child Neurology and Psychiatry, Calambrone Pisa, Italy
CNS Drugs 23:511-21. 2009..The appropriate use of pharmacotherapy can improve some aberrant symptoms and behaviours and increase the person's response to non-pharmacological interventions...
- Olanzapine treatment in adolescents with severe conduct disorderGabriele Masi
IRCCS Stella Maris, Scientific Institute of Child Neurology and Psychiatry, Via dei Giacinti 2, 56018 Calambrone Pisa, Italy
Eur Psychiatry 21:51-7. 2006..Age at onset of CD and comorbid disorders did not affect treatment response. These preliminary findings suggest that olanzapine may improve behavior in adolescents with severe and treatment-refractory CD and impulsive aggression...
- White matter connectivity in children with autism spectrum disorders: a tract-based spatial statistics studyLucia Billeci
Institute of Clinical Physiology, National Council of Research CNR, Pisa, Italy
BMC Neurol 12:148. 2012..This research aims to investigate WM connectivity in ASD children with and without mental retardation compared to typically developing controls (TD)...
- Female children with autism spectrum disorder: an insight from mass-univariate and pattern classification analysesSara Calderoni
IRCCS Stella Maris Foundation, viale del Tirreno 331, 56018 Calambrone, Pisa, Italy
Neuroimage 59:1013-22. 2012..The SFG and TPJ abnormalities may be relevant to the pathophysiology of ASDf, since these structures participate in some core atypical features of autism...
- Diagnostic boundaries of autism disorder vs pervasive developmental disorder nos comparative observational study and literature reviewTiziana Carigi
Child Neuropsychiatry Unit, University of Pavia, Department of Child Neurology and Psychiatry, IRCCS Mondino, Via Mondino, 2, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Curr Clin Pharmacol 9:377-86. 2014....
- Somatic overgrowth predisposes to seizures in autism spectrum disordersGiulia Valvo
Epilepsy, Neurophysiology and Neurogenetics Unit, IRCCS Stella Maris Foundation, Pisa, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e75015. 2013..In this study, we tried to assess whether distinct subgroups, having distinctive clinical hallmarks, emerge from this comorbid condition...
- Reciprocity in interaction: a window on the first year of life in autismFabio Apicella
Scientific Institute Fondazione Stella Maris, Viale Del Tirreno, 331, I 56018, Calambrone, Pisa, Italy
Autism Res Treat 2013:705895. 2013....
- Predictors of nonresponse to psychosocial treatment in children and adolescents with disruptive behavior disordersGabriele Masi
IRCCS Stella Maris, Scientific Institute of Child Neurology and Psychiatry, Calambrone, Pisa, Italy
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 21:51-5. 2011..affective) can affect response to psychosocial treatment in referred youths with disruptive behavior disorders...
- Attentional skills during the first 6 months of age in autism spectrum disorderSandra Maestro
Division of Child Nueropsychiatry, Scientific Institute Stella Maris, University of Pisa, Italy
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 41:1239-45. 2002..To study the quality of early attention in autism spectrum disorder (ASD) through home movies...
- Assessment of mental disorders in preschoolers: the multiaxial profiles of diagnostic classification 0-3Sandra Maestro
University of Pisa, Calambrone, Italy
Infant Ment Health J 35:33-41. 2014..These findings support DC:0-3 as a valid tool to detect multiaxial profiles that could be useful to plan comprehensive treatments of the disorders. ..
- Children with autism spectrum disorder show reduced adaptation to numberMarco Turi
Department of Translational Research on New Technologies in Medicine and Surgery, University of Pisa, 56126 Pisa, Italy Department of Neuroscience, Psychology, Pharmacology, and Child Health, University of Florence, 50139 Florence, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:7868-72. 2015..These results provide strong support for the Bayesian theories of autism. ..
- An android for enhancing social skills and emotion recognition in people with autismGiovanni Pioggia
Interdepartmental Research Center E Piaggio, The Faculty of Engineering, University of Pisa, Italy
IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng 13:507-15. 2005..The treatment scheme is based on a series of therapist-guided sessions in which a patient communicates with FACE through an interactive console. Preliminary data regarding the exposure to FACE of two children are reported...
- The Italian preadolescent mental health project (PrISMA): rationale and methodsAlessandra Frigerio
Child Psychiatry Unit, Scientific Institute E Medea, Bosisio Parini LC, Italy
Int J Methods Psychiatr Res 15:22-35. 2006..The findings of this study are expected to allow an adequate planning of interventions for the prevention and the treatment of mental disorders in preadolescence as well as efficient health services...
- Internalizing antecedents of conduct disorderFilippo Muratori
Can J Psychiatry 49:152-3. 2004
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy for separation anxiety disorders in childrenFilippo Muratori
Depress Anxiety 21:45-6. 2005