Affiliation: University of Milan
- Hexavalent and trivalent chromium in leather: What should be done?Angelo Moretto
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Cliniche Department of Biomedical and Clinical Sciences, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Italy Electronic address
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 73:681-6. 2015..It should also be pointed out that shoe components or substances other than chromium in leather may cause allergic/irritative skin reactions. ..
- Exposure assessment for chemical and physical agentsAngelo Moretto
Department of Biomedical and Clinical Sciences, University of Milan and International Centre for Pesticides and Health Risks Prevention ICPS, Luigi Sacco Hospital, Milan, Italy Electronic address
Handb Clin Neurol 131:47-59. 2015..Values above the limits should be considered in conjunction with all other information to judge on the likelihood that the disease under investigation may have been caused by exposure to the substance. ..
- The use of in vitro testing to refine cumulative assessment groups of pesticides: The example of teratogenic conazolesAngelo Moretto
Department of Biomedical and Clinical Sciences, University of Milano, Italy International Centre for Pesticides and Health Risks Prevention ICPS, Luigi Sacco Hospital, Milano, Italy Electronic address
Food Chem Toxicol 79:65-9. 2015..It is recommended to incorporate in vitro testing and PBPK modeling, whenever available and feasible in the process of risk assessment, particularly of CRA. ..
- [Chemical risk in farming]Angelo Moretto
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Cliniche, Universita degli Studi di Milano, e Centro Internazionale per gli Antiparassitari e la Prevenzione Sanitaria ICPS, Azienda Ospedaliera Luigi Sacco, Milano, Italy
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 35:303-6. 2013..Concentrated animal feeding operations are associated with several chemical risks including disinfectants, antibiotics, and gases such as ammonia and hydrogen sulfide, in addition to organic dusts and endotoxins...
- The role of pesticide exposure in the genesis of Parkinson's disease: epidemiological studies and experimental dataAngelo Moretto
Department of Biomedical and Clinical Sciences, University of Milano, Milano, Italy
Toxicology 307:24-34. 2013..According to the available data, from a public health point of view, prevention of "high" exposures, even asymptomatic ones, especially in utero and during early age is a priority...
- [Evaluation of experimental data for developmental neurotoxicity of pesticides]A Moretto
Dipartimento di Medicina del Lavoro, Universita degli Studi di Milano, via San Bamaba, 8, 20122 Milano
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 33:61-4. 2011..At repeated low doses, effects in pups did not occur at doses lower than in adults. Since the effects of high bolus doses are possible, preventive interventions should aim at reducing these exposures...
- [Risk assessment and risk management of chemical exposures in agriculture]A Moretto
Dipartimento di Medicina del Lavoro, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Centro Internazionale per gli Antiparassitari e la Prevenzione Sanitaria ICPS, Azienda Ospedaliera Luigi Sacco, Milano, Italy
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 32:400-3. 2010..Post-marketing activities include health surveillance, biological monitoring, exposure monitoring, enforcement on the use of proper and properly maintained equipment, and use of proper personal protection devices...
- Biochemical and toxicological evidence of neurological effects of pesticides: the example of Parkinson's diseaseA Moretto
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
Neurotoxicology 32:383-91. 2011..Also exposure to multiple pesticides, not necessarily at the same time, should be evaluated in epidemiological studies, as suggested by the additive/synergistic effects observed in experimental studies...
- Neurobehavioural effects of pesticides with special focus on organophosphorus compounds: which is the real size of the problem?C Colosio
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health of the University of Milano, Italy
Neurotoxicology 30:1155-61. 2009..Nevertheless, there are sufficient data to conclude that neurobehavioural impairment might be the consequence of an acute poisoning, and possibly the consequence of relatively high and prolonged exposures...
- Pesticide induced immunotoxicity in humans: a comprehensive review of the existing evidenceE Corsini
Laboratory of Toxicology, Dipartimento di Scienze Farmacologiche e Biomolecolari, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via Balzaretti 9, 20133 Milan, Italy
Toxicology 307:123-35. 2013..Animal and in vitro studies are also important and necessary to scientifically support epidemiological evidences on pesticide-induced immunotoxicity...