Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Pisa
- Application of high-resolution melting to large-scale, high-throughput SNP genotyping: a comparison with the TaqMan methodAlessandro Martino
Department of Biology Section Genetics, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
J Biomol Screen 15:623-9. 2010....
- MDR1 diplotypes as prognostic markers in multiple myelomaValentina Maggini
Department of Biology, Transplants and Advanced Technologies, Section of Hematology, Pisa University, Pisa, Italy
Pharmacogenet Genomics 18:383-9. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of diplotypes of MDR1 polymorphisms at positions 2677 and 3435 on the clinical outcome of multiple myeloma, in terms of response to the therapy and overall survival (OS)...
- Lack of association of NQO1 and GSTP1 polymorphisms with multiple myeloma riskValentina Maggini
Department of Biology, Pisa University, Pisa, Italy
Leuk Res 32:988-90. 2008..Individual genotypes of 128 patients affected by multiple myeloma and 245 healthy controls were determined and our results do not support any major role of NQO1 or GSTP1 polymorphisms in multiple myeloma pathogenesis...
- Adenosine receptor expression in an experimental animal model of myocardial infarction with preserved left ventricular ejection fractionManuela Cabiati
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Biochemistry, CNR Institute of Clinical Physiology, Via Giuseppe Moruzzi 1, 56124, Pisa, Italy
Heart Vessels 29:513-9. 2014..60 ± 0.19; RZ 0.17 ± 0.04. The balance between A(1)R and A(3)R as well as between A(2A)R and A(2B)R was consistent with adaptative retaliatory anti-ischemic adenosinergic changes in the infarcted heart with preserved LV function...
- Could age modify the effect of genetic variants in IL6 and TNF-α genes in multiple myeloma?Alessandro Martino
Department of Biology, Genetics Division, University of Pisa, Italy
Leuk Res 36:594-7. 2012..Therefore, this observation suggests that genetic variation in inflammation-related genes could be an important mediator of the complex interplay between ageing and cancer...
- Pacing-induced regional differences in adenosine receptors mRNA expression in a swine model of dilated cardiomyopathySilvia Del Ry
Institute of Clinical Physiology, CNR, Pisa, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e47011. 2012..These results suggest a possible therapeutic role of adenosine in patients with HF and dyssynchronous LV contraction...
- Selection of reference genes in different myocardial regions of an in vivo ischemia/reperfusion rat model for normalization of antioxidant gene expressionNicoletta Vesentini
Istituto di Fisiologia Clinica, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Pisa, Italy
BMC Res Notes 5:124. 2012..Changes in cardiac gene expression due to myocardial injury are usually assessed in whole heart tissue. However, as the heart is a heterogeneous system, spatial and temporal heterogeneity is expected in gene expression...
- Adenosine receptor mRNA expression in normal and failing minipig heartsSilvia Del Ry
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Biochemistry, CNR Institute of Clinical Physiology, Pisa, Italy
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 58:149-56. 2011..80, P < 0.0001). In this study, A2BR mRNA resulted in being overexpressed in the left ventricle of pigs with HF as well as TNF-α expression possibly testifying a link between AR expression, inflammation, and HF...
- Selection of reference genes for normalization of real-time PCR data in minipig heart failure model and evaluation of TNF-α mRNA expressionAlessandro Martino
University of Pisa, Department of Biology, Genetics Division, Italy
J Biotechnol 153:92-9. 2011..The use of unvalidated reference genes can generate biased results because also their expression could be altered by the experimental conditions...
- MDR1 polymorphism influences the outcome of multiple myeloma patientsGabriele Buda
Department of Oncology, Transplants and Advanced Technologies, Section of Hematology, Pisa University, Pisa, Italy
Br J Haematol 137:454-6. 2007..Our data suggested a longer OS for patients with C/T and T/T genotypes (log-rank test, P = 0.02) compared with patients with C/C genotype...