Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Verona
- The chromatin remodelling component SMARCB1/INI1 influences the metastatic behavior of colorectal cancer through a gene signature mapping to chromosome 22Massimo Pancione
Department of Sciences and Technologies, University of Sannio, Via Port Arsa, 11 82100 Benevento, Italy
J Transl Med 11:297. 2013..INI1 (Integrase interactor 1), also known as SMARCB1, is the most studied subunit of chromatin remodelling complexes. Its role in colorectal tumorigenesis is not known...
- Right-sided rhabdoid colorectal tumors might be related to the serrated pathwayMassimo Pancione
Department of Biological, Geological and Environmental Sciences, University of Sannio, Benevento, Italy
Diagn Pathol 8:31. 2013..The differential diagnosis is with the malignant rhabdoid tumors of infancy characterized by genetic inactivation of SMARCB1 (INI1) or deletions of chromosome 22q12 locus...
- Intra-operative frozen section technique for breast cancer: end of an eraE Manfrin
Department of Pathology and Diagnosis, Section of Surgical Pathology, G B Rossi Hospital, University of Verona, Italy
Pathologica 103:325-30. 2011....
- Risk of neoplastic transformation in asymptomatic radial scar. Analysis of 117 casesErminia Manfrin
Department of Pathology, University of Verona, Strada Le Grazie 8, 37135, Verona, Italy
Breast Cancer Res Treat 107:371-7. 2008..Previous studies have shown that patient age and the size of RS are correlated to a potential neoplastic transformation...
- Is there still a role for fine-needle aspiration cytology in breast cancer screening? Experience of the Verona Mammographic Breast Cancer Screening Program with real-time integrated radiopathologic activity (1999-2004)Erminia Manfrin
Department of Pathology, Institute of Pathological Anatomy, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Cancer 114:74-82. 2008
- Benign breast lesions at risk of developing cancer--a challenging problem in breast cancer screening programs: five years' experience of the Breast Cancer Screening Program in Verona (1999-2004)Erminia Manfrin
Department of Pathology, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Cancer 115:499-507. 2009..The authors of this report evaluated the impact of the screen-detected BBL at risk of developing cancer that were counted in the quota of benign breast open biopsies in the Breast Cancer Screening Program of Verona...
- Cancer size, histotype, and cellular grade may limit the success of fine-needle aspiration cytology for screen-detected breast carcinomaErminia Manfrin
Institute of Pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Cancer 117:491-9. 2009..The radiological and pathological factors relating to the success of FNAC in breast cancer series were evaluated...
- Genotypic intratumoral heterogeneity in breast carcinoma with HER2/neu amplification: evaluation according to ASCO/CAP criteriaMatteo Brunelli
Anatomic Pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Am J Clin Pathol 131:678-82. 2009..The clinical relevance and impact on treatment outcome of intratumoral heterogeneity in breast cancer with low-grade HER2/neu amplification or chromosome 17 polysomy need further investigation...
- HER2/neu gene determination in women screened for breast carcinoma: how screening programs reduce the skyrocketing cost of targeted therapyMatteo Brunelli
Department of Pathology and Diagnostics, University of Verona, p le L Scuro n 10, 37134 Verona, Italy
Anticancer Res 33:3705-10. 2013..Breast cancer detection by screening programs hijacks the skyrocketing cost of the use of targeted therapy in HER2-positive carcinoma. ..
- The identification of a small but significant subset of patients still targetable with anti-HER2 inhibitors when affected by triple negative breast carcinomaEleonora Brunello
Department of Pathology and Diagnostic, University of Verona, P le Scuro n 10, 37134, Verona, Italy
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 139:1563-8. 2013..We sought to recruit from a group of triple negative breast carcinoma, patients eligible for effective personalized targeted therapy with anti-HER therapies on the basis of their HER2 gene status...
- Her-2/neu evaluation in Sister Mary Joseph's nodule from breast carcinoma: a case report and review of the literatureMatteo Brunelli
Department of Pathology, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
J Cutan Pathol 36:702-5. 2009....
- FGFR-1 amplification in metastatic lymph-nodal and haematogenous lobular breast carcinomaEleonora Brunello
Department of Pathology and Diagnostic, University of Verona, Verona, 37134, Italy
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 31:103. 2012....
- CD71 in Gestational Pathology: A Versatile Immunohistochemical Marker With New Possible ApplicationsClaudio Luchini
Department of Pathology and Diagnostics ARC NET Research Center, University of Verona Ospedale Mater Salutis, Legnago, Verona, Italy
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 24:215-20. 2016..Finally, the inverse correlation between the total percentage of CD71-positive NRBCs and gestational age suggests that this analysis may help in pregnancy dating. ..
- Human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive breast cancer: heat shock protein 90 overexpression, Ki67 proliferative index, and topoisomerase II-α co-amplification as predictors of pathologic complete response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy with trastuzEmilio Bria
Medical Oncology, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Integrata, University of Verona, Verona, Italy Electronic address
Clin Breast Cancer 15:16-23. 2015....
- Classical lobular breast carcinoma consistently lacks topoisomerase-IIα gene amplification: implications for the tailored use of anthracycline-based chemotherapiesEleonora Brunello
Department of Pathology and Diagnostic, University of Verona, Italy
Histopathology 60:482-8. 2012..There is consistent lack of data focusing the topoisomerase-IIα gene status in lobular breast carcinoma, a subtype that usually shows poor responsiveness to chemotherapies including those using anthracycline drugs...
- Case Report of a Well-Differentiated Papillary Mesothelioma of the Tunica Vaginalis in an Undescended Testis With Review of LiteraturePietro Parcesepe
G B Rossi Hospital, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Int J Surg Pathol 24:443-7. 2016..In this article, we report the first case known of WDPM in an undescended testis, and in addition, we review the literature for similar cases. ..
- Subpopulation Treatment Effect Pattern Plot (STEPP) analysis of Ki67 assay according to histology: prognostic relevance for resected early stage 'pure' and 'mixed' lobular breast cancerLuisa Carbognin
Medical Oncology, University of Verona, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Integrata, P le L A Scuro 10, 37124, Verona, Italy
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 35:50. 2016..The aim of this analysis was to investigate the potential impact of Ki67 assay in a series of patients affected by early stage invasive lobular carcinoma (ILC) undergone surgery...
- HER-2/neu assessment in breast cancer using the original FDA and new ASCO/CAP guideline recommendations: impact on selecting patients for herceptin therapyMatteo Brunelli
Department of Pathology, Universita di Verona, Verona, Italy
Am J Clin Pathol 129:907-11. 2008..The ASCO/CAP scheme has a great concordance coefficient between strong 3+ immunohistochemical cases and cases with high-grade, granular HER-2/neu amplification...
- Prognostic model for advanced breast carcinoma with luminal subtype and impact of hormonal maintenance: Implications for post-progression and conditional survivalLuisa Carbognin
Medical Oncology, University of Verona, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Integrata, Verona, Italy Breast Unit, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Integrata, Verona, Italy
Breast 29:24-30. 2016....
- Occult inflammatory breast cancer: review of clinical, mammographic, US and pathologic signsFrancesca Caumo
Dipartimento di Scienze Morfologico Biomediche, Sezione di Radiologia, Policlinico G B Rossi, Verona, Italy
Radiol Med 109:308-20. 2005..To examine the clinical, radiologic and pathologic findings of occult inflammatory breast cancer (OIBC) in order to identify features useful for diagnosis...
- Ultrasound-guided percutaneous fine-needle aspiration of solid pancreatic neoplasms: 10-year experience with more than 2,000 cases and a review of the literatureMirko D'Onofrio
Department of Radiology, G B Rossi Hospital, University of Verona, Piazzale L A Scuro 10, 37134, Verona, Italy
Eur Radiol 26:1801-7. 2016..To evaluate the diagnostic accuracy and complication rate of percutaneous ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration (US-FNA) of solid pancreatic neoplasms through the analysis of 10-year experiences of two centres...
- p16 Expression in Prostate Cancer and Nonmalignant Lesions: Novel Findings and Review of the LiteratureAndrea Remo
Department of Pathology Mater Salutis Hospital, Legnago Department of Pathology G B Rossi Hospital, University of Verona, Verona Department of Science and Technology, University of Sannio, Benevento, Italy
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 24:201-6. 2016..Very little is known about the diagnostic importance of p16 in primary prostate carcinoma and nonmalignant elements...
- Specific expression patterns of epithelial to mesenchymal transition factors in gestational molar diseaseClaudio Luchini
Department of Pathology and Diagnostics, University of Verona, Verona, Italy Electronic address
Placenta 36:1318-24. 2015..This study aims at improving the comprehension of this process in molar disease, even looking for new possible immunohistochemical markers...
- Rhabdoid carcinoma of the colon: a distinct entity with a very aggressive behavior: a case report associated with a polyposis coli and review of the literatureAndrea Remo
Department of Pathology, Mater Salutis Hospital, ULSS 21 Legnago, Verona, Italy
Int J Surg Pathol 20:185-90. 2012..It is argued that RCT could be a very aggressive entity of colon, which could benefit from new biological colonic treatments...
- Comparison of hormonal receptor and HER-2 status between breast primary tumours and relapsing tumours: clinical implications of progesterone receptor lossGiuseppe Bogina
Department of Pathology, Sacro Cuore Hospital of Negrar, Verona, Italy
Virchows Arch 459:1-10. 2011..Progesterone receptor loss seems to be influenced by therapy and to correlate with a worse prognosis...