Affiliation: University of Milan
- Status epilepticus as manifestation of posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome in a healthy childChiara Mameli
Department of Paediatrics, L Sacco Hospital, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Pediatr Neurol 48:418-20. 2013..Moreover, posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome should always be suspected by clinicians in cases of status epilepticus with a prolonged neurological failure...
- New insights into rotavirus vaccinesChiara Mameli
Department of Pediatrics, Luigi Sacco Hospital, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Hum Vaccin Immunother 8:1022-8. 2012..Post-licensure data regarding vaccine impact, effectiveness and safety under routine use are now available and provide a "real-world view". We reviewed published data about the impact of rotavirus vaccines in the post-licensure era...
- Timing of bolus in children with type 1 diabetes using continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (TiBoDi Study)Andrea E Scaramuzza
Department of Paediatrics, University of Milano, Ospedale Luigi Sacco, 20154 Milan, Italy
Diabetes Technol Ther 12:149-52. 2010..Several factors contribute to control, including fine-tuning the basal infusion rate and bolus timing. We evaluated the most effective timing of a pump-delivered, preprandial bolus in children with type 1 diabetes...
- Dietary Intakes and Nutritional Issues in Neurologically Impaired ChildrenFrancesca Penagini
Pediatric Department, V Buzzi Children s Hospital, University of Milan, Via Castelvetro 32, 20154 Milan, Italy
Nutrients 7:9400-15. 2015..Early identification and intervention of nutritional issues of NI children with a multidisciplinary approach is crucial to improve the overall health and quality of life of these complex children. ..
- Human papilloma virus vaccination induces strong human papilloma virus specific cell-mediated immune responses in HIV-infected adolescents and young adultsVeronica Rainone
aDepartment of Biomedical and Clinical Sciences L Sacco, University of Milan bDepartment of Pediatrics, University of Milan, L Sacco Hospital cDepartment of Pediatrics, University of Milan, Ospedale dei Bambini V Buzzi dDepartment of Physiopathology Medical Surgery and Transplantation, University of Milan eDon C Gnocchi Foundation ONLUS, IRCCS, Milan, Italy
AIDS 29:739-43. 2015..Notably, results obtained in HIV-infected patients were comparable to those seen in HIV-uninfected age-matched healthy controls...
- Cerebral ultrasound abnormalities in offsprings of women with C677T homozygous mutation in the MTHFR gene: a prospective studyLaura Pogliani
Department of Pediatrics, University of Milan, 74 GB Grassi, Milan, IT, 20157, Italy
World J Pediatr 11:134-40. 2015..This study was undertaken to assess the frequency of cerebral abnormalities in the offspring of women with homozygous C677T mutation in the MTHFR gene, and to seek for association with additional maternal or pregnancy risk factors...
- Antiretroviral therapy and pregnancy: effect on cortical bone status of human immunodeficiency virus-infected Caucasian women as assessed by quantitative ultrasonographyStefano Mora
Laboratory of Pediatric Endocrinology, BoNetwork, Division of Metabolic and Cardiovascular Sciences, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina 60, 20132, Milan, Italy
Calcif Tissue Int 92:394-8. 2013..69). No significant differences were observed between ARV-exposed and control subjects at 4 and 12 months. Our data suggest that ARV during pregnancy and the first year after delivery does not affect negatively cortical bone status...
- Impaired diffusing capacity for carbon monoxide in children with type 1 diabetes: is this the first sign of long-term complications?Andrea E Scaramuzza
Department of Paediatrics, Luigi Sacco Hospital, University of Milano, Milan, Italy
Acta Diabetol 49:159-64. 2012..Meanwhile, we suggest to screen DLCO in all patients with type 1 diabetes...
- Pidotimod for the prevention of acute respiratory infections in healthy children entering into daycare: A double blind randomized placebo-controlled studyChiara Mameli
Department of Pediatrics, Ospedale dei Bambini V Buzzi, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Pharmacol Res 97:79-83. 2015..However, Pidotimod showed some potential as a means for reducing antibiotic usage in these children...
- Suicide in pediatrics: epidemiology, risk factors, warning signs and the role of the pediatrician in detecting themDario Dilillo
Department of Pediatrics, Ospedale dei Bambini V Buzzi, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 41:49. 2015....
- The multicomponent meningococcal serogroup B vaccine (4CMenB): origin, composition, health impact and unknown aspectsChiara Mameli
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital V Buzzi, Via Castelvetro 32, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Future Microbiol 10:1579-98. 2015..meningitidis escape mutants and the vaccine cost-effectiveness. In this review, we focus on the vaccine composition, clinical trials and suggested schedules, safety data, potential strain coverage and future challenges. ..
- Enalapril Associated with Furosemide Induced Acute Kidney Injury in an Infant with Heart Failure. A Case Report, a Revision of the Literature and a Pharmacovigilance Database AnalysisValentina Fabiano
Université degli Studi di Milano, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital V Buzzi, Milan, Italy
Pharmacology 97:38-42. 2016..Moreover, we strongly suggest an up-to-date revision of the ACE-inhibitor dosing guidelines in pediatric patients to define unambiguously the safe upper limits of this class of drugs. ..
- Pidotimod: the past and the presentGian Vincenzo Zuccotti
Department of Pediatrics, Luigi Sacco Hospital, University of Milan, Via GB Grassi 74, 20157, Milan, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 39:75. 2013..However, in vivo studies, especially randomised control trials, will be necessary to establish the real efficacy of Pidotimod in the prevention of ARTIs in paediatric age...
- Hemolytic crisis in a G6PD-deficient infant after ingestion of pumpkinGian Vincenzo Zuccotti
Department of Pediatrics, Luigi Sacco Hospital, University of Milan, Via G, B, Grassi, 74, 20157 Milan, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 40:71. 2014..This is the first case of hemolysis triggered by ingestion of food cross-contaminated with fava beans...
- Gluten-free diet in children: an approach to a nutritionally adequate and balanced dietFrancesca Penagini
Department of Pediatrics, University of Milan, Luigi Sacco Hospital, Milan 20157, Italy
Nutrients 5:4553-65. 2013....
- Perceptions and patterns of use of generic drugs among Italian family pediatricians: first round results of a web surveyValentina Fabiano
Department of Pediatrics, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Luigi Sacco Hospital, Via GB Grassi 74, Milan, Italy
Health Policy 104:247-52. 2012..More information about generic drugs and more research in the field of pediatric pharmacology are needed for increasing generic medicines prescription rate among Italian Family Pediatricians...
- A 7-year follow-up retrospective, international, multicenter study of insulin pump therapy in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetesChiara Mameli
Department of Pediatrics, Azienda Ospedaliera, University of Milano, Ospedale Luigi Sacco, Via G B Grassi 74, 20154, Milan, Italy
Acta Diabetol 51:205-10. 2014..Insulin pump therapy is safe and effective in the pediatric population, although in this study, the major benefit in HbA1c was seen in males. The use of advanced pump features was associated with greater improvement in HbA1c...
- Paediatric pharmacology: Remember the excipientsValentina Fabiano
Department of Pediatrics, Luigi Sacco Hospital, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via G B Grassi 74, 20157 Milan, Italy
Pharmacol Res 63:362-5. 2011....
- Adverse drug reactions in newborns, infants and toddlers: pediatric pharmacovigilance between present and futureValentina Fabiano
Luigi Sacco Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via GB Grassi, 74, 20157, Milan, Italy
Expert Opin Drug Saf 11:95-105. 2012..Pediatric patients, especially all newborns and infants, are particularly at risk for experiencing drug-related adverse events...
- Positional plagiocephaly: what the pediatrician needs to know. A reviewLaura Pogliani
Department of Pediatrics, L Sacco Hospital, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Childs Nerv Syst 27:1867-76. 2011..However, the supine position cannot be considered as the only etiologic factor and different predisposing variables have been investigated in the last few years...
- Nutrient intake in Italian infants and toddlers from North and South Italy: the Nutrintake 636 studyGian Vincenzo Zuccotti
Department of Pediatrics, Luigi Sacco Hospital, University of Milano, Via G B Grassi 74, 20157 Milano, Italy
Nutrients 6:3169-86. 2014....
- Serotype distribution and antimicrobial susceptibilities of nasopharyngeal isolates of Streptococcus pneumoniae from healthy children in the 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine eraGianvincenzo Zuccotti
Department of Paediatrics, L Sacco Hospital, University of Milan, Italy Electronic address
Vaccine 32:527-34. 2014..0.041). Serotype 6C was the most common drug-resistant serotype (17.2%). Further epidemiological studies are needed to assess changes in circulating SP serotypes following the large-scale introduction of PCV13. ..
- Breakfast: a multidisciplinary approachAntonio Affinita
Italian Parents Movement MOIGE, Milan, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 39:44. 2013..The aim of this paper was to analyse breakfast-related issues based on a multidisciplinary approach with input by specialists from different fields of learning...
- Efficacy and safety of a dual boosted protease inhibitor-based regimen, atazanavir and fosamprenavir/ritonavir, against HIV: experience in a pediatric populationStefano Rusconi
Department of Biomedical and Clinical Science Luigi Sacco, Infectious Diseases, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
BMC Infect Dis 12:179. 2012....
- The impact of viral infections in children with community-acquired pneumoniaChiara Mameli
Department of Pediatrics, L Sacco Hospital, University of Milan, Via G B Grassi 74, 20157, Milano, Italy
Curr Infect Dis Rep 15:197-202. 2013....
- Insulin pump therapy for type 1 diabetes treatment in a girl with Down's syndromeAndrea E Scaramuzza
Department of Pediatrics, Azienda Ospedaliera, University of Milan, Ospedale Luigi Sacco, Milan, Italy
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 85:e16-8. 2009..After 22-month follow-up hemoglobin A1c dropped from 9% to 6.8%, even with a lower insulin requirement and no change in BMI...