Affiliation: University of Rome La Sapienza
- Pregnancy in a methylmalonic acidemia patient with kidney transplantation: a case reportR Lubrano
Dipartimento di Pediatria, Universita degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Am J Transplant 13:1918-22. 2013..It is even possible that a functioning transplanted kidney contributes to improve metabolic parameters...
- Cardiorespiratory fitness: a comparison between children with renal transplantation and children with congenital solitary functioning kidneyRiccardo Lubrano
Pediatric Department, Pediatric Nephrology Unit, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 42:90. 2016..We compared the maximal oxygen uptake (VO2 max) of children with a functioning renal transplant with that of children with congenital solitary functioning kidney, taking into consideration also the amount of weekly sport activity...
- Acetaminophen administration in pediatric age: an observational prospective cross-sectional studyRiccardo Lubrano
Department of Pediatrics, La Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 42:20. 2016..This study is designed to evaluate the appropriateness of antipyretics dosages generally administered to children with fever, and to identify factors that may influence dosage accuracy...
- Impact of ambulatory blood pressure monitoring on the diagnosis of hypertension in childrenRiccardo Lubrano
Pediatric Department, Pediatric Nephrology Unit, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy Electronic address
J Am Soc Hypertens 9:780-4. 2015..Our data confirm that ABPM detects the cases of MH and WCH, and minimizes the misplacement of prehypertensive children; unfortunately however, it also leaves a significant number of patients remain unclassified. ..
- Variations of the blood gas levels and thermodilutional parameters during ICP monitoring after severe head trauma in childrenRiccardo Lubrano
Dipartimento di Pediatria, CEQUAM, Sapienza Universita di Roma, Viale Regina Elena 324, 00161, Rome, Italy
Childs Nerv Syst 31:1273-81. 2015....
- Neurogenic pulmonary edema and variations of hemodynamic volumetric parameters in children following head traumaC Cecchetti
Terapia Intensiva Pediatrica, Dipartimento di Emergenza ed Accettazione, IRCS Bambino Gesù, Roma, Italia
Minerva Anestesiol 79:1140-6. 2013..Aim of the study has been to correlate the principal variations of the intracranial pressure and volumetric hemodynamic parameters with the variations of extravascular lung water following severe head trauma in children...
- Comparison of times of intervention during pediatric CPR maneuvers using ABC and CAB sequences: a randomized trialR Lubrano
Dipartimento di Pediatria, CEQUAM, Sapienza Universita di Roma, Italy
Resuscitation 83:1473-7. 2012..We designed a randomized trial intended to verify if and how much timing of intervention in pediatric cardiopulmonary resuscitation is affected by the use of the CAB vs. the ABC (airway, breathing, circulation) sequence...
- Influence of physical activity on cardiorespiratory fitness in children after renal transplantationRiccardo Lubrano
Dipartimento di Pediatria, Sapienza Universita di Roma, UOS di Nefrologia Pediatrica, Roma, Italy
Nephrol Dial Transplant 27:1677-81. 2012..Cardiorespiratory fitness is significantly reduced in children with end-stage renal disease. The role of renal transplantation in improving cardiorespiratory fitness has not been thoroughly investigated...
- Prognostic value of extravascular lung water index in critically ill children with acute respiratory failureRiccardo Lubrano
Dipartimento di Pediatria, Policlinico Umberto I, Sapienza Universita di Roma, Viale Regina Elena 324, 00161 Rome, Italy
Intensive Care Med 37:124-31. 2011....
- Might there be an association between polycystic kidney disease and noncompaction of the ventricular myocardium?Riccardo Lubrano
Dipartimento di Pediatria, Sapienza Universita di Roma, Roma, Italy
Nephrol Dial Transplant 24:3884-6. 2009..Nephrologists must be aware of the possible association between the two diseases because early recognition of the disease may help in preventing the onset of complications...
- Blood pressure load, proteinuria and renal function in pre-hypertensive childrenRiccardo Lubrano
Dipartimento di Pediatria, Unità Operativa di Nefrologia Pediatrica, Azienda Policlinico Umberto I, Universita degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza, Viale Regina Elena 324, 00161 Rome, Italy
Pediatr Nephrol 24:823-31. 2009..Therefore, children with even mildly elevated BP are at risk of developing renal damage and should change their lifestyle to prevent further increases in BP...
- How to become an under 11 rescuer: a practical method to teach first aid to primary schoolchildrenRiccardo Lubrano
Dipartimento di Pediatria, Universita degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza, Viale Regina Elena 324, 0016 Roma, Italy
Resuscitation 64:303-7. 2005..The permanent integration of the subject into the core curriculum of primary schools, and extended to higher school levels, could help in disseminating the culture of emergency care in the general population...
- Renal and cardiovascular effects of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor plus angiotensin II receptor antagonist therapy in children with proteinuriaRiccardo Lubrano
Department of Pediatrics, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Pediatrics 118:e833-8. 2006..We investigated whether the combination of an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor and an angiotensin II type 1 receptor antagonist offers better control of proteinuria and cardiovascular parameters without causing adverse side effects...
- Kidney transplantation in a girl with methylmalonic acidemia and end stage renal failureR Lubrano
Istituto di Clinica Pediatrica, Policlinico Umberto I, Universita degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza, Viale Regina Elena 324, 00161 Rome, Italy
Pediatr Nephrol 16:848-51. 2001..Otherwise, the therapeutic goal can be achieved with a protein-restricted diet...
- Renal transplant in methylmalonic acidemia: could it be the best option? Report on a case at 10 years and review of the literatureRiccardo Lubrano
Dipartimento di Pediatria, Universita degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza, Viale Regina Elena 324, 00161, Rome, Italy
Pediatr Nephrol 22:1209-14. 2007..It is worth investigating whether kidney transplant can be a safer and more satisfactory alternative to liver transplantation in cases of MMA unresponsive to medical treatment although urine MMA excretion remains significantly elevated...
- Hypotensive anesthesia with propofol and remifentanil: protective effect of alpha-tocopherol on renal functionRiccardo Lubrano
Department of Pediatrics, La Sapienza University, Policlinico Umberto I, 00161 Rome, Italy
J Clin Anesth 20:164-9. 2008..To determine the effect of alpha-tocopherol in patients receiving hypotensive anesthesia with propofol-remifentanil...
- Relationship between global end-diastolic volume and cardiac output in critically ill infants and childrenCorrado Cecchetti
Terapia Intensiva Pediatrica, Dipartimento di Emergenza ed Accettazione, IRCS Bambino Gesù, Piazzale S Onofrio 5, Roma, Italia
Crit Care Med 36:928-32. 2008..The aim was to evaluate whether GEDV may help in the decision-making process concerning volume loading...
- Cardiorespiratory fitness and sports activities in children and adolescents with solitary functioning kidneyGiancarlo Tancredi
Pediatric Department, Sapienza University of Rome, Viale Regina Margherita 324, Rome, 00161, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 42:43. 2016..The aim of our study was to evaluate the influence of regular physical activity on the cardiorespiratory function of children with solitary functioning kidney...
- Early evidence of lymphoproliferative disorder: post-transplant monitoring of Epstein-Barr infection in adult and pediatric patientsAurelia Gaeta
Clinical Microbiology, Department of Science and Public Health, School of Medicine, La Sapienza University, p le A Moro, 5 00185 Rome, Italy
New Microbiol 29:231-41. 2006..Our data suggest that the study of the EBV load represents an essential approach in the diagnosis of PTLD and the analysis of serum samples could provide useful information in the post-transplant monitoring of high-risk patients...
- Bilateral mandibular cysts associated with cyclosporine use: a case reportA De Biase
Department of Odontostomatologic Diseases, Dental Institute, University of Rome La Sapienza, 00161 Rome, Italy
Pediatr Nephrol 16:993-5. 2001..Gingival hypertrophy might mechanically obstruct the eruption of the developing tooth...
- [Peculiar features of childhood poisoning and in the maternal-fetal period]Alberto Marchi
Unita Operativa, Pronto Soccorso, Primo Accoglimento, Centro Antiveleni, IRCCS Burlo Garofano, Trieste
Ann Ist Super Sanita 42:318-24. 2006..It will be necessary to reconsider the whole matter widening the number of participating centres, so that the most controversial aspects may be clarified...