- A bi-articular model for scapular-humeral rhythm reconstruction through data from wearable sensors
Research Center E Piaggio, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
J Neuroeng Rehabil 13:40. 2016
..The model takes into account both the scapular-toracic and gleno-humeral movements and their ratio governed by the scapular-humeral rhythm, fusing the information of inertial and textile-based strain sensors...
- Strain sensing fabric for hand posture and gesture monitoring
Interdepartmental Research Center E Piaggio, University of Pisa, 56126 Pisa, Italy
IEEE Trans Inf Technol Biomed 9:372-81. 2005
..Here we propose a hardware and computational solution to overcome this limitation...
- Wearable kinesthetic systems and emerging technologies in actuation for upperlimb neurorehabilitation
Danilo De Rossi
Interdepartmental Research Centre E Piaggio and Department of Information Engineering, University of Pisa, Italy
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2009:6830-3. 2009
..Finally, current work in preliminary evaluation of prototypes in the field of post-stroke rehabilitation is also briefly presented...
- Wearable kinesthetic system for capturing and classifying upper limb gesture in post-stroke rehabilitation
Interdepartemental Research Centre E, Piaggio, University of Pisa, Via Diotisalvi 2, Pisa, Italy
J Neuroeng Rehabil 2:8. 2005
..The system was compared with a commercial movement tracking system (a set of electrogoniometers) and it performed the same accuracy in detecting upper limb postures and movements...
- Wearable kinesthetic systems for capturing and classifying body posture and gesture
Faculty of Engineering, Interdepartmental Research Center E Piaggio, University of Pisa, Via Diotisalvi 2, Pisa, Italy, Email
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 1:1012-5. 2005
..CE sensors show piezoresistive properties when a deformation is applied and they can be integrated onto fabric or other flexible substrate to be employed as strain sensors...
- Electroactive fabrics for distributed, comfortable and interactive systems
Interdepartemental Research Centre E Piaggio, University of Pisa, Via Diotisalvi 2, Pisa, Italy
Stud Health Technol Inform 117:17-24. 2005
..Several new algorithms devoted to the device operation are presented and tested. Data derived from the sensing garment are analyzed and compared with the data derived from a traditional movement tracking system...
- Wearable Textile Platform for Assessing Stroke Patient Treatment in Daily Life Conditions
Research Center E Piaggio, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy Information Engineering Department, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Front Bioeng Biotechnol 4:28. 2016
..This paper reports on the design and the technical evaluation of the performance of the sensing platform, tested on healthy subjects. ..
- Wearable Goniometer and Accelerometer Sensory Fusion for Knee Joint Angle Measurement in Daily Life
Research Center E Piaggio, University of Pisa, Largo L Lazzarino 1, 56126 Pisa, Italy
Sensors (Basel) 15:28435-55. 2015
..In future work, we will extend this method to more complex and multi-degree of freedom joints. ..
- New generation of wearable goniometers for motion capture systems
Research Center E, Piaggio, University of Pisa, Via Diotisalvi 2, Pisa, Italy
J Neuroeng Rehabil 11:56. 2014
..A new generation of wearable goniometers based on knitted piezoresistive fabric (KPF) technology is presented...
- Posture classification via wearable strain sensors for neurological rehabilitation
Consorzio di Bioingegneria e Informatica Medica, Italy
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 1:6273-6. 2006
..Supervised learning techniques were employed to analyse the strain measures in order to reconstruct upper-limb posture and provide real-time feedback on exercise progress...