Affiliation: University of Bologna
- Long-term follow-up after esophageal replacement in children: 45-Year single-center experienceM Lima
S Orsola Hospital Department of Paediatric Surgery, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy Electronic address
J Pediatr Surg 50:1457-61. 2015..We evaluated the results of esophagocoloplasty (ECP) in children by performing a 45-year retrospective cohort study in a single center...
- Ovarian tissue collection for cryopreservation in pediatric age: laparoscopic technical tipsMario Lima
Pediatric Surgery Unit, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, Bologna, Italy Electronic address
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 27:95-7. 2014..Cryopreservation seems to be a good option to preserve future fertility although it is still an experimental method. ..
- 3D virtual rendering before laparoscopic partial splenectomy in childrenMario Lima
Department of Pediatric Surgery, University of Bologna, Bologna 40138, Italy
J Pediatr Surg 48:1784-8. 2013..Furthermore, it can be performed by laparoscopy in children as it is a safe procedure, offering the benefits of a minimally invasive approach...
- Role of mini-invasive surgery in the treatment of enteric duplications in paediatric age: a survey of 15 yearsM Lima
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Paediatric Surgery Unit, University of Bologna, Italy
Pediatr Med Chir 34:217-22. 2012..The purpose of this study was to analyze the role of minimally invasive surgery in the management of ATDs, through a critical analysys of 15 years of experience of the Department of Paediatric Surgery, University of Bologna...
- One-trocar-assisted nephrectomy (OTAN): initial experience and codification of a techniqueMario Lima
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Paediatric Surgery Unit, University of Bologna, Via Massarenti 11, 40138, Bologna, Italy
Surg Endosc 26:1165-9. 2012..To further reduce the access-related complications, we propose a retroperitoneal one trocar-assisted nephrectomy (OTAN). We report our experience with minimally invasive OTAN for the treatment of benign renal disease...
- Vaginal replacement in the pediatric age group: a 34-year experience of intestinal vaginoplasty in children and young girlsMario Lima
Department of Pediatric Surgery, University of Bologna, Via Massarenti, 11, 40138 Bologna, Italy
J Pediatr Surg 45:2087-91. 2010..In all these cases, a vaginal replacement is required. We reviewed our experience of vaginal replacement using a sigmoid conduit...
- Vaginal malformations: a proposed classification based on embryological, anatomical and clinical criteria and their surgical management (an analysis of 167 cases)Giovanni Ruggeri
Policlinico S Orsola Malpighi Bologna, Paediatric Surgery University of Bologna, Via Massarenti 11, 40138, Bologna, Italy
Pediatr Surg Int 28:797-803. 2012..We propose a new classification, focused only on vagina and based on embryological, anatomical, clinical and surgical criteria...
- Blunt abdominal trauma: diagnostic performance of contrast-enhanced US in children--initial experienceMassimo Valentino
Department of Emergency, Surgery, and Transplants, S Orsola Malpighi, University Hospital, Via Massarenti 9, 40138 Bologna, Italy
Radiology 246:903-9. 2008....
- Combined laparoscopic and hysteroscopic approach for the treatment of a hybrid Müllerian duct anomaly: a case reportMario Lima
Department of Pediatric Surgery, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 23:960-4. 2013..We propose that the American Fertility Society classification of these anomalies should be revised and that hybrid entities should be considered in the differential diagnosis of genital tract malformations...
- Laparoscopically assisted anorectal pull-through for high imperforate anus: three years' experienceMario Lima
Department of Pediatric Surgery, University of Bologna Policlinico S Orsola Malpighi, Via Massarenti 11, 40138 Bologna, Italy
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 16:63-6. 2006..We describe our three-year experience with the laparoscopically assisted anorectal pullthrough for high imperforate anus using laparoscopic muscle electrostimulation...
- One-trocar-assisted pyeloplasty in children: an 8-year single institution experienceMario Lima
Department of Pediatric Surgery, University of Bologna Sant Orsola Malpighi Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Eur J Pediatr Surg 25:262-8. 2015..Ureteropelvic junction obstruction (UPJO) is the most common pediatric obstructive uropathy. We report our 8-year experience with the use of a retroperitoneal laparoscopic-assisted pyeloplasty (one-trocar-assisted pyeloplasty [OTAP])...
- Sparing-lung surgery for the treatment of congenital lung malformationsFrancesco Fascetti-Leon
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Paediatric Surgery Unit, University of Bologna, Via Massarenti, 11, 40138, Bologna, Italy
J Pediatr Surg 48:1476-80. 2013..In the present study, we evaluated both thoracoscopic and open lung-preserving resections as an alternative to lobectomy for CLM resection...
- "Double N": Evolution of the Surgical Technique for Laparoscopic Herniorrhaphy After 10-Year Experience in a Single CenterMichele Libri
Department of Paediatric Surgery, S Orsola Hospital, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 25:684-8. 2015..We describe our experience with the use of a modified technique for laparoscopic internal inguinal ring closure (peritoneal incision and double "N" stitch placement). We evaluate the technique in terms of feasibility, efficacy, and safety...
- Is the time necessary to obtain preoperative stabilization a predictive index of outcome in neonatal congenital diaphragmatic hernia?Andrea Gentili
Department of Paediatric Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, University of Bologna, 40183 Bologna, Italy
Int J Pediatr 2012:402170. 2012..Conclusions. The length of preoperative stabilization does not affect mortality, but is a valid parameter to identify difficulties in survivors' clinical pathway...
- Bilateral hydrosalpinx with asynchronous tubal torsion: an exceptional finding in a premenarcheal girlMario Lima
Department of Pediatric Surgery, University of Bologna, 40138 Bologna, Italy
J Pediatr Surg 46:e27-9. 2011..This report describes the problems associated with misdiagnosis, therapeutic approach, and the risk of suboptimal treatment of this rare clinical entity in a 13-year-old girl...
- Gluten-Free Diet and Lipid Profile in Children With Celiac Disease: Comparison With General Population StandardsM Luisa Forchielli
Department of Paediatrics, Medical School, Bologna Department of Pediatrics, Forlí Department of Histology, Medical School, Bologna Department of Internal Medicine, University of Padua Department of Pediatric Surgery, Medical School, Bologna, Italy
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 61:224-9. 2015..A gluten-free diet (GFD) may carry high energy and fat load. We verified lipid profile and dietary indicators cross-sectionally and prospectively in patients with celiac disease (CD)...
- Late-onset of immunodysregulation, polyendocrinopathy, enteropathy, x-linked syndrome (IPEX) with intractable diarrheaDaniele Zama
Pediatric Oncology and Haematology Unit Lalla Seràgnoli, Department of Pediatrics, University of Bologna Sant Orsola Malpighi Hospital, Via Massarenti, 11, Bologna, 40138, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 40:68. 2014..This case suggests that IPEX should always be considered in the differential diagnosis of watery intractable diarrhea, despite its unusual onset. ..
- Pneumatic pyloric dilatation for the treatment of gastric outlet obstruction in a childDalia Gobbi
Department of Paediatric Surgery, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Pediatr Int 55:382-5. 2013..Even though the optimal management of these cases remains to be determined, we report on a prompt and successful endoscopic treatment for this condition...
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasound in non-operative management of pancreatic injury in childhoodMassimo Valentino
Emergency Department, University Hospital S Orsola Malpighi, Via Massarenti 9, Bologna, Italy
Pediatr Radiol 36:558-60. 2006..Unenhanced US failed to demonstrate the abnormality that was recognized by CT and MRI. The injury was well demonstrated by contrast-enhanced US which was therefore used for follow-up until its healing...
- A case of furuncular myiasis associated with systemic inflammationStefania Varani
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Section of Microbiology, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Parasitol Int 56:330-3. 2007..In this case study, morphological and novel molecular approaches were used to identify and characterize the larvae responsible for human infestation...
- Congenital symptomatic intrahepatic arteriovenous fistulas in newborns: management of 2 cases with prenatal diagnosisMario Lima
Department of Pediatric Surgery, University of Bologna, 40138 Bologna, Italy
J Pediatr Surg 40:e1-5. 2005..Fetal and neonatal hepatic arteriovenous fistulas are rare and associated with a high mortality rate; they can be prenatally detected by ultrasonography. Management of these malformations can be a challenge for pediatric surgeons...