Affiliation: University of Naples Parthenope
- [Biological risk in the operating room: microbiological monitoring of the environment and analysis of the associated variables]G Liguori
Cattedra di Igiene ed Epidemiologia, Fac di Scienze Motorie, Università degli Studi di Napoli Parthenope
Ann Ig 17:385-400. 2005..The Authors conclude stressing the importance of promoting continuing information-education programmes to heighten the awareness of all those involved in operating theatre activities...
- [Hygienic risks in swimming pool: knowledge and behaviours of consumers of three structures in Crema, Parma and Naples]G Liguori
Cattedra di Igiene ed Epidemiologia, Facoltà di Scienze Motorie, Dipartimento di Studi delle Istituzioni e dei Sistemi Territoriali, Università degli Studi di Napoli Parthenope
Ann Ig 19:325-35. 2007..Authors recognize the swimming pool regulations as a valid tool for health promotion. It must be clear and easily understood and it has to be linked to a proper education pathway of all users and employees...
- [Health Technology Assessment to evaluate the economic advantage of offering of low-protein diet to pre-dialysis patients in Campania (Italy)]Giorgio Liguori
Cattedra di Igiene ed Epidemiologia, Dipartimento di Studi delle Istituzioni e dei Sistemi Territoriali, Università degli Studi di Napoli Parthenope
Ig Sanita Pubbl 68:781-92. 2012....
- Italian multicenter study on infection hazards during dental practice: control of environmental microbial contamination in public dental surgeriesPaolo Castiglia
Istituto di Igiene e Medicina Preventiva, Universita degli Studi di Sassari, Via P, Manzella 4, 07100 Sassari, Italy
BMC Public Health 8:187. 2008..The present study assessed microbial contamination in Italian dental surgeries...
- Oral candidiasis: a comparison between conventional methods and multiplex polymerase chain reaction for species identificationG Liguori
Department of Studies of Institutions and Territorial Systems, University of Naples Parthenope, Naples, Italy
Oral Microbiol Immunol 24:76-8. 2009..Oral candidiasis is the most common fungal infection in dental practice, and is caused by yeasts that are normally present in the endogenous flora...
- Vaccines and prevention in dental careG Liguori
Department of Hygiene and Epidemiology, Faculty of Movement Science, University of Naples Parthenope, Naples, Italy
Minerva Stomatol 54:675-85. 2005..For each vaccine-preventable disease, a comparison with American guidelines is carried out. Vaccines for other infectious diseases, that may be employed for protection of dental personnel, were also considered...
- [World Health Organization Guidelines for swimming pools and similar recreational water environments: Italian translation by the SItI Working Group "Enhancing health and physical activity"]G Liguori
Universita Degli Studi Di Napoli, Parthenope
Ig Sanita Pubbl 65:507-16. 2009..The structure of the WHO document is described and the main chapters are summarised. References are included from Italian studies and data provided by the Working Group...
- Comparison between multiplex PCR and phenotypic systems for Candida spp. identificationGiorgio Liguori
Chair of Hygiene and Epidemiology, Department of Studies of Institutions and Territorial Systems, Parthenope University of Naples, Naples, Italy
New Microbiol 33:63-7. 2010..identification are commercially available. Multiplex PCR applied in this study may be more rapid and sensitive than phenotypic systems, and less expensive than other molecular methods...
- Microbiological evaluation of the efficacy of two new biodetergents on multidrug-resistant nosocomial pathogensGiorgio Liguori
Dipartimento di Scienze Mediche Preventive, Sezione di Igiene, Università degli studi di Napoli FedericoII, Napoli, Italy
Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob 8:35. 2009..We investigated the efficacy of two natural biodetergents composed of plants and kelps extracts, BATT1 and BATT2, against multidrug-resistant strains...
- Automated cleaning of fan coil units with a natural detergent-disinfectant productGiorgio Liguori
Cattedra di Igiene ed Epidemiologia, Università degli Studi di Napoli Parthenope, Napoli, Italy
Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob 9:29. 2010..The biocidal detergent BATT2 represents a natural product obtained through extraction from brown seaweeds, that has been tested previously on multidrug-resistant microorganisms...
- Improving physical fitness and health status perception in community-dwelling older adults through a structured program for physical activity promotion in the city of Naples, Italy: A randomized controlled trialFrancesca Gallè
Department of Movement and Wellbeing Sciences, University of Naples Parthenope, Naples, Italy
Geriatr Gerontol Int . 2016....
- Prevalence of overweight in children with bone fractures: a case control studyGiuliana Valerio
Department of Studies of Institutions and Territorial Systems School of Movement Sciences DiSIST, Parthenope University, Via Medina 40, Naples, 80133, Italy
BMC Pediatr 12:166. 2012..This study described the prevalence of overweight/obesity in children and adolescents reporting a recent fracture in relation to gender, dynamic of trauma, and site of fracture...
- Oral candidosis: characterization of a sample of recurrent infections and study of resistance determinantsFrancesca Gallè
Department of Studies of Institutions and Territorial Systems, Parthenope University, Naples, Italy
New Microbiol 34:379-89. 2011..The techniques employed resulted effective for the characterization of recurrent oral candidosis. Broader analysis could help to control better these infections and choose adequate therapy...
- Rapid identification of Candida species in oral rinse solutions by PCRGiorgio Liguori
Chair of Hygiene and Epidemiology, Faculty of Movement Sciences, University of Naples Parthenope, Naples, Italy
J Clin Pathol 60:1035-9. 2007....
- Investigating the Role of Physical Education in Physical Activity Promotion: An Italian Multicenter StudyFrancesca Gallè
Dept of Movement Sciences and Wellbeing, University of Naples Parthenope, Italy
J Phys Act Health 13:854-60. 2016..Physical education (PE) can be considered an instrument for active lifestyle promotion, and PE teachers can motivate youths to continue their studies in the field of Movement Sciences (MS)...
- Microbiological quality of drinking water from dispensers in ItalyGiorgio Liguori
Department of Public, Clinical and Preventive Medicine, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
BMC Microbiol 10:19. 2010..The aim of this study was to determine the quality of water plumbed in coolers from commercial stores in comparison with tap water in Italy...
- Candida spp. in oral cancer and oral precancerous lesionsFrancesca Gall
Chair of Hygiene and Epidemiology, Department of Studies of Institutions and Territorial Systems, University Parthenope, Naples, Italy
New Microbiol 36:283-8. 2013..It would be desirable for the two techniques to be considered complementary in the detection of yeast infections in these types of lesions...
- Candida albicans identification: comparison among nine phenotypic systems and a multiplex PCRG Liguori
Department of Studies of Institutions and Territorial Systems, University of Naples Parthenope, Italy
J Prev Med Hyg 51:121-4. 2010..albicans species account for an important number of infections...
- Compliance with herpes zoster vaccination in young and adult individuals in two regions of ItalyAntonino Parlato
Epidemiology and Prevention Departmental Area, Local Health Agency NA2, Via Corrado Alvaro 8, 80074, Pozzuoli, Naples, Italy
BMC Public Health 10:333. 2010....
- Awareness of health risks related to body art practices among youth in Naples, Italy: a descriptive convenience sample studyFrancesca Gallè
Department of Studies of Institutions and Territorial Systems, University Parthenope, Naples, Italy
BMC Public Health 11:625. 2011..Body art practices have emerged as common activities among youth, yet few studies have investigated awareness in different age groups of possible health complications associated with piercing and tattooing...
- Microbiological quality of the water of recreational and rehabilitation pools: a 2-year survey in Naples, ItalyM Guida
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
Public Health 123:448-51. 2009..To analyse and compare the microbiological quality of the water in rehabilitation and recreational swimming pools in Naples, Italy...
- Health-Related Behaviors in Swimming Pool Users: Influence of Knowledge of Regulations and Awareness of Health RisksFrancesca Gallè
Department of Movement and Well being Sciences, University of Naples Parthenope, Via Medina 40, Naples 80133, Italy
Int J Environ Res Public Health 13:. 2016..This study aims to investigate if the knowledge of swimming pool regulations and awareness of health risks can be associated with users' health-related behaviors...
- The role and working conditions of Movement Science students employed in sport and recreational facilities: An Italian multicenter studyFrancesca Gallè
Department of Movement and Well being Sciences, University Parthenope, Naples, Italy
Work 52:385-92. 2015..In Italy, students from Movement Science (MS) Degree Courses often work in sport and recreational facilities before graduation...
- Pattern of fractures across pediatric age groups: analysis of individual and lifestyle factorsGiuliana Valerio
School of Movement Sciences DiSiST, Parthenope University, Via Medina 40, 80133, Naples, Italy
BMC Public Health 10:656. 2010..Knowledge of the epidemiology of children's fractures is essential to develop preventive strategies. The aim of this study was to analyze the individual/lifestyle determinants of fractures across pediatric age groups...
- Reverse transcriptase-PCR for the detection of Astrovirus in children with nosocomial acute diarrhoea in Naples, ItalyEmilia Galdiero
Department of Structural and Functional Biology, Section of Hygien, University of Study of Naples Federico II, Via Mezzocannone, 16 Napoli, Naples, Italy
Med Mal Infect 35:213-7. 2005..This study was made to determine the incidence of nosocomial viral gastroenteritis in all children aged 0-4 years, admitted in the Pediatric Hospital over a 3-year period...
- Distribution of mecA among methicillin-resistant clinical staphylococcal strains isolated at hospitals in Naples, ItalyE Galdiero
Dipartimento di Fisiologia Generale ed Ambientale, Sezione Igiene e Microbiologia, Facoltà di Scienze Biologiche, Universita Federico II, Napoli, Italy
Eur J Epidemiol 18:139-45. 2003..We conclude that these clinical isolates from our area, were not found to belong to a single clone, although the predominance of four methicillin-resistant mecA-negative genotypes were noted...
- Nosocomial candida infections: epidemiology of candidaemiaF Gallé
Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology and Pathology L Califano, Faculty of Medicine, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
J Prev Med Hyg 47:119-26. 2006
- Human papillomavirus and vaccination: knowledge, attitudes, and behavioural intention in adolescents and young women in ItalyG Di Giuseppe
Department of Public, Clinical and Preventive Medicine, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Br J Cancer 99:225-9. 2008..Knowledge about HPV infection and cervical cancer should be improved with more attention to the benefit of HPV vaccination...
- [Infection risk in dental practice: evaluation of environmental bacterial contamination in dental clinics of 8 Italian cities]M T Montagna
Dip Medicina Interna e Med Pubblica, Sezione di Igiene, Universita degli Studi di Bari
Ann Ig 14:295-303. 2002
- [Hygiene education in the Laureate Course of Dentistry and Dental Prosthetics: evaluation of student knowledge about the risk of infection in a dental practice environment]L Minelli
Dip di Igiene e Sanità Pubblica, Universita degli Studi di Perugia
Ann Ig 15:303-10. 2003..The students in both the PRE-course and at the POST-course evaluations demonstrated adequate knowledge regarding the transmission of infections in dental practices, knowledge improved following the Hygiene course...
- [Microbial environmental monitoring in the dental surgery room]G Liguori
Dip di Medicina Pubblica, Clinica e Preventiva, Fac di Medicina e Chirurgia, Seconda Universita degli Studi di Napoli
Ann Ig 15:123-33. 2003..Contact plates and nitrocellulose membranes appear to be of more friendly use and show same results...
- [Role of intensive follow-up in colorectal cancer surgery patients]A Balani
UCO Clinica Chirurgica, Universita degli Studi, Trieste
Tumori 89:90-4. 2003..4%) for liver metastasis was 57.1%, whilst in 7 patients operated for lung metastasis (31.8%) it was 76%. All the 6 patients operated for metachronous carcinoma are still alive with a 2-5 years follow-up...
- [Multicentric survey on hygienic aspects in private dental practice]M T Montagna
Dipartimento di Medicina Interna e Med Pubblica Sez Igiene, Universita degli Studi di Bari
Ann Ig 15:717-24. 2003..5% is not vaccinated against HBV and only 55.2% of those previously vaccinated has checked their immunity. Moreover, the majority of subjects underestimate the infection hazards especially for air-transmitted diseases...
- Candida spp. morphotype differentiation on Sabouraud-Triphenyltetrazolium-Agar (STTZ-Agar) under three different experimental conditionsG Liguori
Department of Public, Clinic and Preventive Medicine, Section of Hygiene, Second University of Naples, Italy
New Microbiol 27:193-7. 2004..Further studies are needed also implementing molecular tests to establish possible relationships between morphotype, genotype and virulence...
- Prevalence of genotypic resistance to nucleoside analogues and protease inhibitors in antiretroviral-naive HIV patients in Campania, ItalyP Filippini
Dipartimento di Medicina Pubblica, Clinica e Preventiva, Sezione Malattie Infettive, Seconda Universita di Napoli, Italy
J Chemother 16:534-9. 2004..These data suggest that the introduction of HAART has brought about the circulation of drug-resistant HIV genotypes...
- [Extension of lymphadenectomy in colorectal surgery: open subject]G Liguori
G Chir 26:345-56; discussion 356. 2005
- [Pilot study on the presence of Legionella spp in 6 Italian cities' dental units]M T Montagna
Dip di Scienze Biomediche ed Oncologia Umana, Sezione di Igiene, Universita degli Studi di Bari
Ann Ig 18:297-303. 2006....
- Effects of diesel exhaust particles on human lung epithelial cells: an in vitro studyG Mazzarella
Department of Cardio Thoracic and Respiratory Sciences, Second University of Naples, Italy
Respir Med 101:1155-62. 2007..Following PM stimulation, nuclei also were seen undergo clear gross morphological modifications. Immunocytochemistry was used to detect intracytoplasmic IL-6 and IL-8 expression...
- [Guidelines for infection control practices for dentistry]C Napoli
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Oncologia Umana, Sezione di Igiene, Universita degli Studi di Bari
Ann Ig 19:417-27. 2007..This document represents a good practices guide in the management of the dental outpatient...
- [Health promotion through physical activity: territorial models and experiences]V Romano-Spica
Unità di Sanità Pubblica, Dipartimento di Scienze della Salute, IUSM, Roma
Ann Ig 20:297-311. 2008..In Italy and Europe, new opportunities to implement health promotion through physical activity are offered by the development of higher education in movement and sport sciences...